TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › HOT salsa!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOT salsa!!!!!

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
I have an addiction to Mexican restaraunt style salsa. You know, places have really good stuff (sometimes) that they serve you with dinner? Especially in the summer, I go to the restaraunts and pick up a quart and eat it a few days in a row! We go out to eat sometimes for lunch at work and try new places, and I always try their salsa. It's soooo good, but after about 5 minutes, WHAM!!!! It hits my tongue and screams at my brain that it's TOO HOT!!! But by then, it's too late, I've already done the damage!!! So, I run around, guzzling milk, ice water (prepared ahead of time just in case) popsicles, anything COLD that I can use to numb the pain! My eyes are watering, I'm jumping up and down moaning in agony....finally the pain subsides. I close up the salsa and put it in the fridge. The next day comes, I get a craving for the salsa again.....the process starts all over....it hurts, but it's sooo good until the burn kicks in!!! What do you do to ease the pain of too spicy food??? Help!
Signed, Addicted to Salsa
post #2 of 26
There are many kinds of peppers that have the same flavors but without the spiciness.

Come to Texas......we'll show you what salsa is supposed to be.
post #3 of 26
This is too funny!

I love it! But i have no answers. just wanted to let you know it sort made made my day!!
post #4 of 26
Thread Starter 
Was it the jumping up and down in agony part? Glad I could amuse you Leah...
post #5 of 26
Supposedly the burning sensation releases endorphins into your brain !!!

post #6 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by menagerie mama
I have an addiction to Mexican restaraunt style salsa. You know, places have really good stuff (sometimes) that they serve you with dinner? Especially in the summer, I go to the restaraunts and pick up a quart and eat it a few days in a row! We go out to eat sometimes for lunch at work and try new places, and I always try their salsa. It's soooo good, but after about 5 minutes, WHAM!!!! It hits my tongue and screams at my brain that it's TOO HOT!!! But by then, it's too late, I've already done the damage!!! So, I run around, guzzling milk, ice water (prepared ahead of time just in case) popsicles, anything COLD that I can use to numb the pain! My eyes are watering, I'm jumping up and down moaning in agony....finally the pain subsides. I close up the salsa and put it in the fridge. The next day comes, I get a craving for the salsa again.....the process starts all over....it hurts, but it's sooo good until the burn kicks in!!! What do you do to ease the pain of too spicy food??? Help!
Signed, Addicted to Salsa
I was wondering if anyone else had a habit like that. I love to have pickled yellow peppers at lunch a few times a week. I buy Mezzetta, not the weak brands. They are really hot, but it puts a little excitement in my life. They are tasty too. I don't do anything extra special to ease the pain though I love to have a few wedges of Laughing Cow Cheese to go with them. The sting goes away soon enough. Just suck it up Shannon! Quit being such a whimp!
post #7 of 26
Oooo, yum! I'm on a big salsa kick right now, too! There's nothing like the taste (and burn) of authentic salsa from the Mexican restaurant! I've been experimenting with different types, as well, but there's no comparing to freshly made. My favorite right now is this artichoke garlic. It really has that home made fresh taste. Another I really like is this roasted garlic. My local produce stand also has homemade salsa, and boy it's hot!

Water doesn't help at all, in fact it seems to just make it worse. Try eating a slice of bread. Better yet, just savor the burn!
post #8 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra
Oooo, yum! I'm on a big salsa kick right now, too! There's nothing like the taste (and burn) of authentic salsa from the Mexican restaurant! I've been experimenting with different types, as well, but there's no comparing to freshly made. My favorite right now is this artichoke garlic. It really has that home made fresh taste. Another I really like is this roasted garlic. My local produce stand also has homemade salsa, and boy it's hot!

Water doesn't help at all, in fact it seems to just make it worse. Try eating a slice of bread. Better yet, just savor the burn!
You're tougher than I thought Steph!
post #9 of 26
I love restaurant salsa! Yes, it's hot, but that's half the fun! I've also become addicted to hot sauce. A girl at work put it on everything, and I used to make fun of her. Then I tried it. I knew it was bad when we shared a bag of Flamin' Hot Fritos doused in hot sauce.
post #10 of 26
Oh yes, Ryan, I like it hot!
post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by clixpix
I love restaurant salsa! Yes, it's hot, but that's half the fun! I've also become addicted to hot sauce. A girl at work put it on everything, and I used to make fun of her. Then I tried it. I knew it was bad when we shared a bag of Flamin' Hot Fritos doused in hot sauce.
I love hot sauce too. I put it on lots of things as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra
Oh yes, Ryan, I like it hot!
That, I might have guessed.
post #12 of 26
I like hot 'n spicy too. There are several types of hot sauces in my kitchen. Have you tried the GREEN Tabasco sauce? It is great and has a wonderful flavor.

In addition, I make my own salsa out of mild green chiles, jalapenos, sweet cherry peppers and garlic.


Eating a teaspoonful of sugar or a banana kills the burn.
post #13 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe
I was wondering if anyone else had a habit like that. I love to have pickled yellow peppers at lunch a few times a week. I buy Mezzetta, not the weak brands. They are really hot, but it puts a little excitement in my life. They are tasty too. I don't do anything extra special to ease the pain though I love to have a few wedges of Laughing Cow Cheese to go with them. The sting goes away soon enough. Just suck it up Shannon! Quit being such a whimp!
We should have known you would have cheese with that!

OUr favorite Mexican restaurant has the best salsa ever!! I can eat the whole bowl of it before they bring our dinner our...I try to refrain from that whenever possible though!!
post #14 of 26
I love salsa too...and the hotter the better for me....but I probably like the cheese sauce that they serve at the mexican resturants better.....

my favorite is the cheese sauce at sol azteca and on the border
post #15 of 26
I've heard something about the citric acid in Orange Juice helps negate the burn of hot stuff... hot peppers, actually. I don't know if it's true, but it might help!
post #16 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe
Just suck it up Shannon! Quit being such a whimp
Thanks Wyan! You say the sweetest things!! I don't think we have laughing cow cheese here....is that sold next to the Schnauzer pickles???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleetha
I've heard something about the citric acid in Orange Juice helps negate the burn of hot stuff... hot peppers, actually. I don't know if it's true, but it might help!
Well, necessity triggers invention so I did actually try OJ when I ran out of milk! But it doesn't help much more!
Well it seems we are all gluttons for punishment here!
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe
You're tougher than I thought Steph!
And me also! I was suprised to learn this about you Stuffy!

I love salsa as well, but it always makes my nose run and my eyes water and everyone thinks I am crying
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by menagerie mama
Was it the jumping up and down in agony part? Glad I could amuse you Leah...
I'm always amused on this site. I love it. My DH thinks I have a catsite problem. oh well...anyhow..

Yes, the whole thing was halarious. But I couldnt say much, because well...I was GOING to say why would you eat something that HURTS so much, but tastes so good? I couldnt understand it.
But then my hypocritical side came out and was like

"Now Leah, You have your toungue pierced, and a cute little mouse tattoo on your ankle, and you wanna talk about pain for good things??!!!"

lol..So i couldnt say much.
post #19 of 26
Thread Starter 
Yeah, like I said, gluttons for punishment!!!!! Although it hurts like heck to eat it, I can't stop!!!!
post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtle
And me also! I was suprised to learn this about you Stuffy!

I love salsa as well, but it always makes my nose run and my eyes water and everyone thinks I am crying
Well you are crying... aren't you Tanya?
Quote:
Originally Posted by menagerie mama
Thanks Wyan! You say the sweetest things!! I don't think we have laughing cow cheese here....is that sold next to the Schnauzer pickles???

Well, necessity triggers invention so I did actually try OJ when I ran out of milk! But it doesn't help much more!
Well it seems we are all gluttons for punishment here!
You are so deprived. Laughing Cow Cheese is heavenly! -and so are Szechuan pickles with steamed beef!
post #21 of 26
Laughing Cow Cheese is delicious but I prefer to just enjoy the burn of hot peppers. Theres only one problem: nothing seems hot enough. Except for Mike's 3AM Hot Sauce. It's so hot it's illegal in North America.
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe
Well you are crying... aren't you Tanya?
No!
post #23 of 26
Mmmm...hot salsa. Jamaican jerk sauce is another favorite of mine, the best of which I found at a restaraunt in Key West a few years ago. There was a choice of three levels...basically hot, ridiculous, and fatal...and the waitor refused to bring out the high-test until we had proven that that we could stomach the milder two! He had good reason...it was fantatsic, but the most painfully spicy thing I have ever eaten.
post #24 of 26
I like it hot too. Oh, what? Oh, we're talking about salsa??? Oh, nooooo, I dont' eat salsa!

But we have this place called Wings To Go in Philly, and they have like 20 different levels of hot sauce for your wings. The hottest is Homicide Sauce, and they actually make you sign a waiver that they are not responsible if anything happens.... like maybe you miss 3 days of work cause your locked in the bathroom!
post #25 of 26
I hate spicy food..I don't understand how people can eat food that physically hurts them
post #26 of 26
Thread Starter 
Yeah it is pretty silly but it's so good, I have to have it! Oh, no....I have to get a fix today!!! *gets car keys and heads to local Mexican restaraunt....* Well as long as I'm there I guess I need some enchiladas too!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › HOT salsa!!!!!