TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care › Vomiting as Early Labor?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vomiting as Early Labor?

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Ruby just vomited, is this a sign of early labor? She has been uncomfortable all night. She's about to pop. I can't wait for the kittening all-nighter.
post #2 of 16
What did she vomit? Food? Water? When you say she has been uncomfortable, what is she doing? Can you tell if she is having contractions at all?
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gayef
What did she vomit? Food? Water? When you say she has been uncomfortable, what is she doing? Can you tell if she is having contractions at all?
She has been sleeping all day, but is having trouble finding a good position. All of a sudden she just got up and went to another room and vomited (it was solid, like poop). My husband saw the whole thing and came and got me immediately. She had a contraction earlier today, but none recently.
post #4 of 16
Just keep a good eye on her overnight. Make sure she eats now that she has thrown up.
post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
She ate a few bites just now. She is HUGE. I sure hope she's in labor.
post #6 of 16
Thread Starter 
post #7 of 16
Poor mommy looks so predy... Keep us updated but I think the vomiting should be closly watched... When Skittles was due he said any signs she is sick bring her in ASAP... Vomiting to me is a sign of ill person and at times can be in pets, but not always
post #8 of 16
OMG!!! She is huge, poor thing. I would hope for her sake that this is it. I bet you have babies by morning
If she doesn't vomit again, she will be fine. My momma did the same thing. The vet said if it looks like a bowel movement it is usually undigested food (unless it smell like a bowel movement, then you have a problem). Sometimes they eat a lot gearing up for labor and they have a belly full of babies and they can't keep both down
post #9 of 16
Oh, LOL, poor girl, she is really big with babies, isn't she. I'll bet they are moving around a lot too, aren't they?
post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
Well, she didn't deliver last night. She hasn't thrown up any more either and she ate very well overnight. I think she's pretty miserable with her belly so big and the babies so active. I'm going to get in touch with the vet again today, since she said on Thursday it would be "any day now."
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnasMom
Well, she didn't deliver last night. She hasn't thrown up any more either and she ate very well overnight. I think she's pretty miserable with her belly so big and the babies so active. I'm going to get in touch with the vet again today, since she said on Thursday it would be "any day now."

May I ask where you are? Tiger's sister looks IDENTICAL to her. I adopted her to a friend of mine who promised to get her fixed but never did and ended up letting her outside then eventually giving her away...
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256
May I ask where you are? Tiger's sister looks IDENTICAL to her. I adopted her to a friend of mine who promised to get her fixed but never did and ended up letting her outside then eventually giving her away...

I am in Arkansas. I found her in the woods about 12 days ago. She was starving, dirty and VERY pregnant. However she is extremely friendly I have two toddlers she has never growled, hissed, scratched or bitten. She had a home once.
post #13 of 16
WOW! She is VERY preggers! Poor thing, lol! I am so happy to see that you took her in! I am sure she will bitrh with no problems, I wouldn't worry too much about the vomit if it doesn't happen again.

I am crossing my finger that she has tem tonight for you!!!
post #14 of 16
wow she is a big girl!! I am sure she will be okay keep us updated and let us know how many babies she has ! I'm guess about 5 or 6 since she is so big
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnasMom
I am in Arkansas. I found her in the woods about 12 days ago. She was starving, dirty and VERY pregnant. However she is extremely friendly I have two toddlers she has never growled, hissed, scratched or bitten. She had a home once.
Pregnant cats do tend to be very affectionate...however, once she delivers...I would watch the interaction with her and your toddlers.

Katie
post #16 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNR1
Pregnant cats do tend to be very affectionate...however, once she delivers...I would watch the interaction with her and your toddlers.

Katie
I am definitely apprehensive about her postpartum behavior. Right now, they're only contact with her is completely supervised. When the kitties are born we will separate her from the girls. We have a master bedroom and bath(about 900 square feet) that will be all thiers. I'm so excited. We will be adopting Ruby and one kitty to keep as our own.

We have had a cat before (Wilbur, who was mauled inside his outdoor enclosure by two dogs and had to be euthanized due to the fact that his back was broken), but the girls weren't born yet.


But Ruby is the best cat I have ever lived with (and I've lived with many as my mom was a cat person).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care › Vomiting as Early Labor?