New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cloe Update... - Page 3

post #61 of 86
Thread Starter 
Well I am convinced she is never going to have these babies.....
post #62 of 86
hey hey hey! dont get discouraged. just ask Jenny... we all about went crazy with Skittles! we thought she was never ganna pop then one day she popped!
post #63 of 86
SHe will trust me Let nature do it... Leave her be give extra love... If she has a favorite spot turn it into her nest...
post #64 of 86
Thread Starter 
Well I took Cloe back to the vet today. They were conserned about the discharge she was having. They think she has a vaginal infection. They wanted to do x-rays to make sure the infection wasn't in her uterus or if there could possibly be a dead baby causing an infection. He said if it was then they need to do a c-section, but I just don't have the extra money. I feel so terrible that I can not do more, I just cried and cried. I just can't take away from my kids. Please don't get me wrong, I love my cat very much and if I could do more then I would in a heart beat. I just hope everyone doesn't think bad of me for my decision. I got her some antibiotics, so hopefully that will help. The babies are ok, they are still very active. He counted 5 but said there could be more. Her milk is in. He said I could have possibly miss calculated when she got pregnant. He said it can possibly still be a few more days. The vet said since she has no fever and there seems to be no pain in her belly then she will probably be just fine. I will keep everyone updated on her, and let everyone know if she has her babies ok.
post #65 of 86
Pokey, don't feel bad, you are doing the best you can. Adina had the same thing. I gave her antibiotics too and her babies are fine. Just watch her carefully and make sure she doesn't develop a fever or start to act stressed. Well, more than a mom expecting multiple babies
post #66 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey26_f
Well I took Cloe back to the vet today. They were conserned about the discharge she was having. They think she has a vaginal infection. They wanted to do x-rays to make sure the infection wasn't in her uterus or if there could possibly be a dead baby causing an infection. He said if it was then they need to do a c-section, but I just don't have the extra money. I feel so terrible that I can not do more, I just cried and cried. I just can't take away from my kids. Please don't get me wrong, I love my cat very much and if I could do more then I would in a heart beat. I just hope everyone doesn't think bad of me for my decision. I got her some antibiotics, so hopefully that will help. The babies are ok, they are still very active. He counted 5 but said there could be more. Her milk is in. He said I could have possibly miss calculated when she got pregnant. He said it can possibly still be a few more days. The vet said since she has no fever and there seems to be no pain in her belly then she will probably be just fine. I will keep everyone updated on her, and let everyone know if she has her babies ok.
I think you are doing good. Also no fever is a good thing
post #67 of 86
Thread Starter 
I am pretty sure now that Cloe is having contractions. They are about 2 minutes or so apart.
post #68 of 86
Update everyone so far she has had 2 kittens
post #69 of 86
Thread Starter 
Now there are 3 babies.
post #70 of 86
Thread Starter 
Cloe and babies are all doing great. She is being a very good momma. She is eating and drinking just fine. I will post more pictures later today, in a new thread.
post #71 of 86
Babies!!!! Congratulations Cloe! I am sure you will be a woderful mama cat!
Please keep us posted.
post #72 of 86
I am so glad she is doing great... Way to go Cloe............
post #73 of 86
Well done, Chloe! 3 beautiful little babies!!!!

With the possibility of infection you may be facing with Chloe, monitor the kittens closely!

You're doing a great job, and congratulations!
post #74 of 86
Thread Starter 
Well babies are 3 days old and they are doing great. Cloe is doing good also. I don't think she even had an infection. She is showing no more signs of it at all. Should I still give her the antibiotics? Or will it transfer to the babies in the milk?
post #75 of 86
Thread Starter 
Ok here are some new pictures of the babies. The order they are in, is the order they were born in.....






And here is one of Momma and the babies....
post #76 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey26_f
Well babies are 3 days old and they are doing great. Cloe is doing good also. I don't think she even had an infection. She is showing no more signs of it at all. Should I still give her the antibiotics? Or will it transfer to the babies in the milk?
If your vet prescribed them knowing about the kittens, then finish the course of antibiotics. Or check with your vet about it. Antibiotics need to run the full course to be effective. Otherwise you end up with a nastier infection later.
post #77 of 86
I just realized there were 5 kittens, not 3!!! My bad!!!!!!!

The second from the last baby in the photos is such a cutie!!!! They are all beautiful kittens. Yes, I'd finish the antibiotics if I were you...but if you're really unsure, I'd give the vet a quick call.
post #78 of 86
Thread Starter 
I think I will call them tomorrow.
post #79 of 86
they are all adorable! they all look like mom.
post #80 of 86
Thread Starter 
Very much............
post #81 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig
If your vet prescribed them knowing about the kittens, then finish the course of antibiotics. Or check with your vet about it. Antibiotics need to run the full course to be effective. Otherwise you end up with a nastier infection later.
Definitely keep giving her the antibiotics! A flare up of a uterine infection could be very serious! I would not risk stopping the medication.

Congrats on the healthy babies!
post #82 of 86
how are they doing...
post #83 of 86
Thread Starter 
The babies and momma are doing awesome.....They are nursing really well. She leaves them quite a bit, but the second they squeak for her she comes running as fast as she can.
post #84 of 86
Omgosh! Those pics are soo cute. I wish I had a digital camera, I would love to take some good pics of my kittys. My camera phone sucks hehe.
post #85 of 86
Thread Starter 
I love my camera. It is so easy to be camera happy when you have one. And it doesn't cost a thing to processes the pictures.
post #86 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey26_f
I love my camera. It is so easy to be camera happy when you have one. And it doesn't cost a thing to processes the pictures.
I agreee here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care