TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Care & Grooming › Question about Da Bird Kitty toy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Question about Da Bird Kitty toy

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Do any of you whose cats play with Da Bird, noticed it getting tangled?

Panther's one flys for a couple of times and then the string gets kinked and it turns back on itself and ends up with the feather right next to the wand, and the string tangled all around the feather and wand.

I USED to get a year with it and only got new cause I could not figure out what else to give Ben as a gift but NOW----!

I wrote to the maker of it and they sent me a new one, a few months ago but IT does the same thing.

Do any of your's do this?
post #2 of 14
Huh. Mine never does that sometimes the feather gets turned around on the string a little bit, though.
post #3 of 14
Every so often the string will tangle around the feather or the wand...but its only if I'm going crazy twirling the thing around.
post #4 of 14
I'm trying to imagine what's happening... I suppose the string does tangle when I dart it around the ground back and forth too fast, but normally I'm gliding it around in circles and figure 8's. I try to not "tether-ball" it too much. Hope it helps!
post #5 of 14
Yes my string tangles I just take the time to untangle it every few days.
post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitytize
Yes my string tangles I just take the time to untangle it every few days.
few DAYS!!!!!!!! Gee MINE does it every few minutes! This is the SECOND one I have that has done this. I wonder if I have just gotton bad ones?
post #7 of 14
I haven't noticed it tangling, but my kitties tend to like it dragged along the floor, not swinging through the air.
post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty8723
I haven't noticed it tangling, but my kitties tend to like it dragged along the floor, not swinging through the air.
Panther likes it both ways. When he wants to play with it, he brings it to me an meows sadly!

I posted a photo of him in the fur pictures called Did someone say Da Bird!
post #9 of 14
My Da Bird always breaks. The cats break the feather part. Ummm...they break the hooked part that attaches to the handle from the red part...if that makes sense. I've never had any tangling like you describe, though. The feather gets wrapped in the string when Ophie plays too rough.
post #10 of 14
I finally found Da Bird yesterday when i was in Superpets picking up a few things for my animals. Wow, my girls love that thing!!! Hehe i think i have as much fun playing with it as they do...am i pathetic or what lol. I haven't found any problems yet with it and it hasn't gotten tangled.
post #11 of 14
My cat destroys the feathers fairly quickly which is the only problem I have with the thing. It's expensive to constantly replace those things, so we only play with it about every other day.
post #12 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanietx
My cat destroys the feathers fairly quickly which is the only problem I have with the thing. It's expensive to constantly replace those things, so we only play with it about every other day.
My first TWO lasted for years but the last 2 have gone in days! I get mine from the maker gocat.com so where do you get yours? Maybe you all are getting older ones!
post #13 of 14
The feathers off my Da Bird were ripped off by 5 kittens on the first day I got it!
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBabies
Do any of you whose cats play with Da Bird, noticed it getting tangled?

Panther's one flys for a couple of times and then the string gets kinked and it turns back on itself and ends up with the feather right next to the wand, and the string tangled all around the feather and wand.

I USED to get a year with it and only got new cause I could not figure out what else to give Ben as a gift but NOW----!

I wrote to the maker of it and they sent me a new one, a few months ago but IT does the same thing.

Do any of your's do this?

I was actua;;y wondering thesame thing, as I have heard this toy is AWESOME. lol Yes mine tangels the same way...hmmmm....

You got in contact withthe buyer and they sent you a new one?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Care & Grooming
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Care & Grooming › Question about Da Bird Kitty toy