TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Animal Cops
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Animal Cops

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
On the way to the Dry cleaners this morning I saw the animals cops pull up to a house. I didnt recognize the cop from the show, must be a new one. I always hate to see that because that means an animal is being abused or hurt. At least they are getting help now.
post #2 of 16
I cannot stand to watch that show, only because I get sooooo upset to see how some people treat their animals.
post #3 of 16
I do not watch Animal Planet anymore.
Most of the rescue shows are too sad, and some of the others just make me very angry.
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus77
I cannot stand to watch that show, only because I get sooooo upset to see how some people treat their animals.
Me tooo!!! It gets so frustrating at times but yet then its like well they are finally getting some help, which is good/MUCH needed.
post #5 of 16
I always get emotional watching Animal planet, so I can only watch the happy shows.

The other day it was "Growing up Moose" and I got weepy when one of the young mooses (meese?) made significant social progress.

post #6 of 16
Thread Starter 
The other day they had a show about the new orleans zoo and the tigers, that was a great show. I love those big cats. It was great when they were trying to walk them on leases.
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by touro1979
On the way to the Dry cleaners this morning I saw the animals cops pull up to a house. I didnt recognize the cop from the show, must be a new one. I always hate to see that because that means an animal is being abused or hurt. At least they are getting help now.
I want to be an animal cop but i dont think we have those in my city.
post #8 of 16
I *want* to work as a animal cop, but I don't think I have the guts to of course, in my town they're called "animal control officers" and i don't think the stuff here is as bad as on the shows the only 2 cases I know that they came to in my neighborhood is when one lady had a racoon living in her attic, and the other is when a chow dog mauled somone (me actually! 4 years ago though) and had to get 47 stitches. they had to put the dog to sleep
post #9 of 16
I watch many shows on Animal Planet but I rarely watch the "Animal Cops" and "Animal Precinct" shows because they always make me want to cry. I saw the Growing Up Moose show and I also so "Growing Up Black Panther" -- this was one of the best Growing Up episodes I've seen in a long time. "Growing Up Lynx" is also very good.

One show which will make you cry in a good way: "Animal Miracles." Unfortunately, the show features many more dogs than cats but it's still a moving show.
post #10 of 16
Just think, though, of how the poor animal cops must feel when the animal abuser gets off with a slap on the hand! THAT is what upsets ME!

I wish I could hug all the dear animal cops or at least thank them for what they do!
post #11 of 16
Wow! I feel like a dolt! I didn't know that it was still on !!!

I thought it went off the air the same time animal emergencies went off.
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catz_Rule
I *want* to work as a animal cop, but I don't think I have the guts to of course, in my town they're called "animal control officers" and i don't think the stuff here is as bad as on the shows the only 2 cases I know that they came to in my neighborhood is when one lady had a racoon living in her attic, and the other is when a chow dog mauled somone (me actually! 4 years ago though) and had to get 47 stitches. they had to put the dog to sleep
Wow, that must have been very upsetting!

I still like animal cops!
post #13 of 16
I LOVE that show! I notice they don't have it on much anymore

I know this will probably offend someone, and that's NOT my intention, but the show about the Gulf Coast Zoo makes me really angry. If you want to build your own house in the path of major hurricanes, fine, that's your choice, but to put those animals at risk over and over again really, really gets under my skin
post #14 of 16
they have added more cities to the Animal Cops show now. Houston and New York are my favorites. But they are more friendly towards pitbulls, but on the miami one sometimes the aco's will take a pit that is not too badly damaged to the next county over to see if it can be rehomed and they have this really cute agent and I like gators just not in my yard in the swamps is much better I really appreciate these brave souls and what do we expect people get slaps on the wrist now for crimes against children so we know they will against animals, I think its part of the problem if you had real punishments people would think twice about what they do. although one one of the shows I think was in miami the busted dog fighters and it was 2 years per dog and that wasn't including the other charges and the dog fighters got 20 years in prison I was glad to see that. just hate that there is a need for animal control
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom
I really appreciate these brave souls and what do we expect people get slaps on the wrist now for crimes against children so we know they will against animals, I think its part of the problem if you had real punishments people would think twice about what they do. although one one of the shows I think was in miami the busted dog fighters and it was 2 years per dog and that wasn't including the other charges and the dog fighters got 20 years in prison I was glad to see that. just hate that there is a need for animal control
It is very rare for an animal abuser to get a fitting punishment. They usually just get probation, a weekend in jail or a small fine. I agree that real punishments would make them think twice about hurting animals. Right now it's practically legal to hurt animals.
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by eupnea
I always get emotional watching Animal planet, so I can only watch the happy shows.

The other day it was "Growing up Moose" and I got weepy when one of the young mooses (meese?) made significant social progress.

I love that series. Especially Growing Up Clouded Leopard, Growing up Tiger, Growing Up Lion, and Growing Up Wolves.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Animal Cops