At 5 1/2 weeks, you'll have to be very careful. It is very easy to cut into the quick (which is the colored, pinkish or grayish part of the nail, closest to his nail bed) if you do not know what you're doing. Once you do it the first time, you'll be a pro!!! Congrats for getting him started on the nail trimming early...he'll tolerate it much better when he's old if you start it young. You will only probably ever need to trim his front paws, unless you ever intend on bathing him, which I would then trim all 4 paws.
Okay. Here's what you do. I would also recommend finding a diagram or step-by-step with pictures on the web...it shouldn't be hard to google it in there and find what you're looking for.
1. Hold Azreal gently on your lap. Talk to him nicely, and begin massaging his toes, to get him used to having his paws messed with.
2. Now lift one of his front paws. You can use either a pair of cat nail trimmers, but a pair of regular fingernail clippers (baby ones, if you have them would be ideal) will work fine.
3. Squeeze his paw with forefinger and thumb, until his claws extend. You may want to practice this a few times, just to get the hang of it.
4. Now look at his claws. The tips of his claws will be clearish or whitish...this is what you want to quickly trim...just the pointed part, that begins to curve. If you nick or cut the part of the nail that is darker, or pinkish, you will be cutting the "quick", which is painful, and will bleed A LOT...thus making future attempts at nail trimming very scary for Azreal.
5. Trim the little tips off quickly, and continue talking to him softly. In no way make this a struggle, or unpleasant. If he wiggles, and leaps from your lap, give him some play time for a few minutes, and them gently lift him to your lap again. If you only get one nail done in 10 minutes, that's okay. Just don't force the experience on him, or it will make it worse for everyone.
Chances are, while he's this young, it shouldn't be too big of a deal. He'll probably tolerate it very well, and it won't take too long. Good luck!