TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care › My Fat Cat had her babies
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Fat Cat had her babies

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
Well we finally had them after all this time. She had a litter of 5. She seems to be doing well. She had them sometime last night in my daughters bottom dresser drawer. As soon as she will let me I will post a picture of her and her babies. They are just so cute. We have one white one with black tail just a doll, the others are mostly white with a little calico maybe they look nothing like momma. Now I sit waiting the arrival from my other to mommas we will see where they end up having theirs at. Don't think it's gonna be where I tell them to be.
post #2 of 23
congrats to fat cat (we have a cat we call that but her real name is Dusty. LOL) Glad they are doing well and cant' wait to see the babies.
post #3 of 23
Congratulations!
post #4 of 23
Congratulations
post #5 of 23
Thread Starter 
she is being a very good mother. My kids named all our cats. We have Sally Fat Cat Boots and Sadie. So we have 2 mommas down and 2 more to go. Can't wait to see Sadies babies as she is an all black cat so I think the are just gonna be too cute. We will keep everyone posted on new babies.
post #6 of 23
Congratulations!!! It's absolutely raining kittens on TCS - we've had what 3-4 litters since Tuesday????
post #7 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhorse780
she is being a very good mother. My kids named all our cats. We have Sally Fat Cat Boots and Sadie. So we have 2 mommas down and 2 more to go. Can't wait to see Sadies babies as she is an all black cat so I think the are just gonna be too cute. We will keep everyone posted on new babies.
A quick recommendation..given that these cats became pregnant outdoors...it is best to keep the moms and their litters seperate.

Katie
post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abymummy
Congratulations!!! It's absolutely raining kittens on TCS - we've had what 3-4 litters since Tuesday????
Yep and Skittles isnt one of them


Congradulations Fat Cat on being a new and from what I see loving momma
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhorse780
she is being a very good mother. My kids named all our cats. We have Sally Fat Cat Boots and Sadie. So we have 2 mommas down and 2 more to go. Can't wait to see Sadies babies as she is an all black cat so I think the are just gonna be too cute. We will keep everyone posted on new babies.
You have 2 other pregnant cats WOW a house full..
post #10 of 23
How in the world did so many cats manage to get pregnant all at once?!
post #11 of 23
Congrats...are you planning on getting these girls spayed?
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callista
How in the world did so many cats manage to get pregnant all at once?!
I think this is the normal season for cat pregnancy and birth.
post #13 of 23
Thread Starter 
I am just as soon as Fat Cat weens her babies and the other two have theirs.
We have stray male somewhere that got all 4 of them at once lucky cat.sure bet he is one happy cat where ever he is. lol so far both litters look alike so wonder if the others are gonna look the same. Hope to have them spayed before it happens again but around here every vet is so darn expensive unless I want to drive 30 miles to next town. But it will definatly be DONE!!!! LOL
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof3Cats&Kids
I think this is the normal season for cat pregnancy and birth.
I think that is true as my cat just had five kittens on Mothers Day

She was the last one I had scheduled to get spayed but I put it off because we were moving and when I took her it was to late. Luckily the certificate I have does not expire until July 31st so that is plenty of time for her to wean her babies before her spay certificate expires.
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsecretK
I think that is true as my cat just had five kittens on Mothers Day

She was the last one I had scheduled to get spayed but I put it off because we were moving and when I took her it was to late. Luckily the certificate I have does not expire until July 31st so that is plenty of time for her to wean her babies before her spay certificate expires.
It's good you plan to have her spayed...just make sure she remains indoors until that time.

Katie
post #16 of 23
Thread Starter 
Is it normal for her to leave her babies just after having them. She had them last night around 830 and about 930 or so she came out of my daughters room and stayed on the couch with me until 11 or so and then today she has been in and out of her room alot. She did ventur out the front door but that was as far as she went guess she wanted some fresh air. Don't worry all I stayed with her so she didn't get out of my sight. NO MORE KITTIES...LOL I've just been reading on here how alot of mommas don't leave their babies for 24 to 48 hours and I was getting a little concerend. Any suggestions?
post #17 of 23
Thread Starter 
This may not be the best picture as I took it on my phone. I will take more when she lets me. I don't want to stress her. This is her first litter. there are 5 babies somewhere in there. They all look alike. LOL

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ats/fatcat.jpg
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhorse780
Is it normal for her to leave her babies just after having them. She had them last night around 830 and about 930 or so she came out of my daughters room and stayed on the couch with me until 11 or so and then today she has been in and out of her room alot. She did ventur out the front door but that was as far as she went guess she wanted some fresh air. Don't worry all I stayed with her so she didn't get out of my sight. NO MORE KITTIES...LOL I've just been reading on here how alot of mommas don't leave their babies for 24 to 48 hours and I was getting a little concerend. Any suggestions?
Well, the kittens don't need to eat constantly, but they do need to be kept warm, and that's usually what the mother stays there for. If she doesn't stay with them, people usually suggest a large dog crate to confine them in or confine them in a room to themselves. I spent time with my cat a few times a day, but she wasn't that attached to me then...
post #19 of 23
awwwwwwwwwwwwww the babies look too cute and chunky! love their markings!

I would try to sit in there with her so she stays in there as much as possible. Also make sure babies are kept warm.
post #20 of 23
Thread Starter 
well she had them in my daughters bottom dresser drawer. She must have left it open last night and kitty just thought that was the best place to have them. Till the drawer fell out and freaked fat cat out and she started to move them to my room so I took the drawer with her and her babies to my room where she was headed. She seems to be content in there I'm just worried that she not being with them enough. First time kitty mommies...LOL My other cat ate her babies after birth so I didn't get a chance to learn on that litter. But all in all she seems to be doing a very good job as first time mommy.
post #21 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior67
awwwwwwwwwwwwww the babies look too cute and chunky! love their markings!

I would try to sit in there with her so she stays in there as much as possible. Also make sure babies are kept warm.
It is pretty warm in my room just the way I like it. they are chunky but she was absolutly HUGE. I thought there were more in there then 5. She is still pretty big.
post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhorse780
Is it normal for her to leave her babies just after having them. She had them last night around 830 and about 930 or so she came out of my daughters room and stayed on the couch with me until 11 or so and then today she has been in and out of her room alot. She did ventur out the front door but that was as far as she went guess she wanted some fresh air. Don't worry all I stayed with her so she didn't get out of my sight. NO MORE KITTIES...LOL I've just been reading on here how alot of mommas don't leave their babies for 24 to 48 hours and I was getting a little concerend. Any suggestions?
Usually confining mom and babies into a smaller room or into a dog crate works. Best thing is to have her litterbox and food/water in the same room so she doesn't have to venture far. This helps also when it is time for the babies to learn about eating solid food and using the litterbox...they will have seen mom do it and get curious.

Mom cats that are especially close to their humans and are first time mothers...often will choose to spend time with their owners over their kittens...however, in this critical time when the kittens need so much of mom...it is best to visit her (even mom cats need a break every once in a while)...but make sure she stays with the kittens when visiting time is over.

Katie
post #23 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNR1
Usually confining mom and babies into a smaller room or into a dog crate works. Best thing is to have her litterbox and food/water in the same room so she doesn't have to venture far. This helps also when it is time for the babies to learn about eating solid food and using the litterbox...they will have seen mom do it and get curious.

Mom cats that are especially close to their humans and are first time mothers...often will choose to spend time with their owners over their kittens...however, in this critical time when the kittens need so much of mom...it is best to visit her (even mom cats need a break every once in a while)...but make sure she stays with the kittens when visiting time is over.

Katie
She has everything in room she needs she just refuses to use it. I've been going in several times every couple of hours to check on her. So it has been 3hours since she has come out so maybe me going in there to see her is helping. She hasn't touched her food in room she came out to kitchen and ate the other kitties food.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care › My Fat Cat had her babies