or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Flabby belly,,
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Flabby belly,,

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Tuffy is getting a real flabby belly towards the back, Like a female older cat who has had many kittens. I have never seen a male cat get like this before. He is not a fat kitty otherwise. Is this a normal aging thing? Is it anything I should be worried about?
post #2 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom W
Tuffy is getting a real flabby belly towards the back, Like a female older cat who has had many kittens. I have never seen a male cat get like this before. He is not a fat kitty otherwise. Is this a normal aging thing? Is it anything I should be worried about?
it sounds to me like a fat pouch. 99% of cats have them. I wouldn't be concerned but you can always double check with your vet!
post #3 of 15
It is typically called spay sway (regardless of cat's gender).
It doesn't happen to all cats, but it is pretty common.
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
I didn't put it together before but it seemed to show up a while after he got "fixed". I won't worry about it then. Thanks for the help.
post #5 of 15
I was going to mention the same thing
post #6 of 15
Our Bijou has quite the "spay sway" on him. Mika (the female) has none - go figure!
post #7 of 15
My boy Winston has that too.... LOL
post #8 of 15
Daisy calls her's her sporran and says she keeps her pocket money in it
post #9 of 15
My boy rambo has a big spay sway...maybe because it's all white it seems bigger. I call him my little swiffer since he dusts the floor with it when he's stalking Lucky!
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakat
Daisy calls her's her sporran and says she keeps her pocket money in it
Does she have a kilt to go with it?
post #11 of 15
My boy had it too, we referred to it as his baggy trousers
post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renny
My boy rambo has a big spay sway...maybe because it's all white it seems bigger. I call him my little swiffer since he dusts the floor with it when he's stalking Lucky!
Tuffy didn't have any white fur before but he does now on his belly. Angel is getting the same thing but she is also much heavier than before she was fixed. Her flabby belly also has long white fur.
post #13 of 15
Rocky has about a handful of fat right there. He's the chubbiest of my four.
post #14 of 15
Loco has one too, I wondered about it too, I didn't think that males got that. Interesting.
post #15 of 15
Soon after we got Jasmine, I noticed some fat under her lower belly. She was still not full grown so I started to get worried. My husband and I actually thought it might be a tumor! Silly us!!! We took her to the vet and the vet just told us it was just a fat pouch. Whew!!! It is now known as her chubba and whenever it is dinnertime, she always meows at me becauae she wants to feed her chubba!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Health
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Flabby belly,,