New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cat towers?

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
Where would you suggest to get a cat tower/condo/gyme.. And I'm not looking to be spending hundreds of dollors on one, i really think thats kind of rediculous on some of the prices i've seen so far.. but I could be wrong.. but where would you suggest to get one?
post #2 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrekfx
Where would you suggest to get a cat tower/condo/gyme.. And I'm not looking to be spending hundreds of dollors on one, i really think thats kind of rediculous on some of the prices i've seen so far.. but I could be wrong.. but where would you suggest to get one?
probably eBay would be the best choice. that's where i got my big one. check shipping before bidding - shipping on mine was $51, so i only bid a max of $20 for the tree. you can see the one i got in this thread, if you're interested.
post #3 of 28
I got mine from the paper, I thought of Ebay, but didn't care for the idea of shipping cost. I wanted a real big one, so it would have cost me an arm and a leg. :-) Keep an eye on your local paper, or even a few towns away. It would be worth the cost for getting it, if you can get it for way less then the store or online prices.
post #4 of 28
laureen, I just looked at your cat tree, wow that was a great buy for such a large tree. How did you get so lucky? I looked on ebay and didn't find anything that we could afford that was as large as I wanted. But that one is big enough for my guys. :-) Is it sturdy though? My guys like to run up and down it, and the one we have just bangs against the wall every time they do it. I really hate to see the wall get a whole in it. GRRRRR
post #5 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by frawri
laureen, I just looked at your cat tree, wow that was a great buy for such a large tree. How did you get so lucky? I looked on ebay and didn't find anything that we could afford that was as large as I wanted. But that one is big enough for my guys. :-) Is it sturdy though? My guys like to run up and down it, and the one we have just bangs against the wall every time they do it. I really hate to see the wall get a whole in it. GRRRRR
it's pretty sturdy, except for the section with the rope arch - but no one ever sits there! i've attached it to the wall, because it made me nervous otherwise. Pixel sits on the very top shelf quite often - she weighs 11 pounds. & Chip has gotten on a few levels - he weighs 14 pounds. i got it from petisfun on eBay. i had a friend who also just got one from eBay - her biggest cat is about 20 pounds. she got one that looked kind of like this. i know that $51 is outlandish for shipping, but i look at it like this - i got a tree for $71 that at the Armarkat webiste would've run me twice that w/free shipping. my dad said it was because the eBay sellers don't have to pay tax on shipping so that's where they make their money. i don't know if he's right about that - i just know that the total price was right for me. this is a link to current items for sale by that buyer. this is one i got looking for similar items to my cat tree.
post #6 of 28
I found this website called angelical cat. (www.angelicalcat.com) And they have AWESOME cat trees. Really pricy, but awesome to look at at the very least. They also have a free catalog you can order. I got mine in less than a week!
post #7 of 28
We got ours from ebay, even with the ghastly shipping costs it still worked out cheaper than getting it from a pet shop.
It can be pricey but I think it's well worth it for the fun my cats have on them.
post #8 of 28
Mine is from Amarkat through eBay - not terribly well-built, but my Ginger LOVES it - she was balancing on the top of it before I could finish putting it together!
post #9 of 28
I got "Bigfoots" from Ebay and they were well worth it.

They are huge, solid, and stable. The higher the tree (and height is what cats want) the more important stability is. When my three hit the tree running full speed ahead it barely moves. They reach to the ceiling so the cats have no desire to climb on anything inappropriate as nothing else in the room is higher than the top perch.

That said I also have a couple of trees from my local Pet Supermarket, and one I got at a local cat show. Just shove them around as you are looking at them and avoid any that wobble.
post #10 of 28
I have 6 cat trees from Amarkat, all 66 in all the way up to 80 in for our big babies, and I have always recommended them. We have even caught the cat trees for only 99 cents and then pay the $50-$60 shipping. We have always got great deals. They have all been well built and sturdy enough to hold our big 18 lb Raggies.
post #11 of 28
I got all mine from PETCO (except for the one I built). They are kind of expensive but I didnt want to order one through the mail. Dr Foster and Smith has really nice cat trees and condo's but they are even more expensive.
post #12 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonedPenny
I found this website called angelical cat. (www.angelicalcat.com) And they have AWESOME cat trees. Really pricy, but awesome to look at at the very least. They also have a free catalog you can order. I got mine in less than a week!

I wish I had a larger apartment and I was Rich!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those cat trees are awesome.
post #13 of 28
Hi!
I have bought all mine at Petsmarts but I know you can also get good deals at local cat shows when they are in town. I also recently found some amazing ones that we are going to order from StepsforPets.com. Atleast the last time I looked they even had free shipping in the lower 48 states. They are a little more expensive but they sure do look like they will last a long time so it might be worth spending a little more. I also just got a wonderful playgym from Target and my cats LOVE it-it only cost $20. You might consider that as an option untill you can get a bigger cat tree. This one has got 2 different levels as well as tunnels and playthings hanging.
post #14 of 28
You can get one at Petsmart or local cat shows. At the local shows you get better discounts.

Foster/Smith has some nice ones, but I can't see paying that much for shipping.
post #15 of 28
Look what I just got on Ebay for only $65 ($21 plus $44 for shipping)! My cat has never had a tree before.

post #16 of 28
Was that picture too big? If so I'm sorry!
post #17 of 28
I have an Amarkat, and would definitely recommend them - they're cheaper than you'll find at a pet supply place, though still a bit pricey, but all of my kitties just adore ours, so I think it was mroe than worth it.
post #18 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper
I have an Amarkat, and would definitely recommend them - they're cheaper than you'll find at a pet supply place, though still a bit pricey, but all of my kitties just adore ours, so I think it was mroe than worth it.
I looked on ebay for Amarkat and couldn't find anything at all...Hmmm.
post #19 of 28
It is actually Armarkat. Here is a link to their store.
http://stores.ebay.com/Armarkat-Cat-Furniture-Store
I have several of them, and have recommended them to several people and everyone seems to really like the quality, and they stand up to large kitties!!
post #20 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny82
Look what I just got on Ebay for only $65 ($21 plus $44 for shipping)! My cat has never had a tree before.

I cannot belive that price! Is it brand new or was it already slightly used? I am curious because if it is new I am getting one too!!
post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycorner
I cannot belive that price! Is it brand new or was it already slightly used? I am curious because if it is new I am getting one too!!
Brand new in the box!
post #22 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny82
Brand new in the box!


We now have 5 Armarkat trees, we have had a couple for awhile now, and all have been new in the box, fast shipping, easy to assemble, and fun for the furballs!! We now have our largest at 80 inches, and they love it!! The hammock is used, as is the swinging platform.
I can't say enough about the quality for such a great price. I should be a spokesperson. I wonder if they would give us free stuff.
post #23 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom
I looked on ebay for Amarkat and couldn't find anything at all...Hmmm.
i got mine from the seller, petisfun, & it's also an Armarkat.
post #24 of 28
Thread Starter 
all i have is a cat tree from wall mart. little cheapy for $35 made from wood, carpet, and cardboard tubs. its tall, floor to cieling. got Noah to climb all the way to the top, but he couldnt get down so he meowed till we came over and got him. lol. Kitty hasnt tried yet, but sure she will... Oh and Noah and Kitty are getting along. lol they play together.. still small hisses, but thats it. i'm sooo happy.

post #25 of 28
This may be a stupid questing but to cats really really like cat trees because my cat is an indoor cat and I thought it might be quite cool but I don't want to spend loads of money if he isn't going to really really like it!
post #26 of 28
Thread Starter 
i think they do cuz they love climbing stuff, its instinc so ya... like i said, i bought a cat tree, simple 3 tear 7 foot tall one at wall mart for like 35 bucks.
post #27 of 28
It is really big!!! i don't know if I will get one or not, am not sure where I can put it yet :P but will think about it, thanks for the help
post #28 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by randdom
This may be a stupid questing but to cats really really like cat trees because my cat is an indoor cat and I thought it might be quite cool but I don't want to spend loads of money if he isn't going to really really like it!
mine love their big one, & actually use all three of them, even the little one - i think it's money well spent
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Care & Grooming