TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Argh men
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Argh men

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Steve and I usually dont go out without one another. Its kinda an unwritten rule we have had. We like to do things together, and well lets face it now adays its just safer. (ie he wouldnt want me alone in a bar. so the rule applies to him as well) well anyways, hes been asking to go to this "Jam" night they have around here. I went once with him and hated it. lol the singers couldnt sing, and the music was just not my taste (heavy 80's metal) well its only 2 weekends a month. And after a horrible weekend with a water bed (dont worry i will post about that too) i said why dont you head on out to the jam (which is at a bar BTW) just make sure your home, in the door by 1am so I dont worry about you.

Well its not 1:03am (yeah yeah only 3 minutes i know but i did tell him 1am IN THE DOOR lol)

Not a peep from him. No phone call, nada. Me...I am kinda

right now.
post #2 of 15
What time did he end up getting home?

My BF and I are the same and freak each other out when the other is late home, I don't even have to call him because he will call me half an hour before to ask if I want him to come pick me up because obviously I can't get home by myself
post #3 of 15
I always wonder why my bf gets annoyed when I come home later than expected..I secretly think he is just a little controlling..but I think the real truth is that he's "worried"...or so he says.
post #4 of 15
B could relate to you..I use to do it to him all the time. Hopefully he just drank too much and took the time to sober up and be safe.
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom
B could relate to you..I use to do it to him all the time. Hopefully he just drank too much and took the time to sober up and be safe.
LOL well i KNOW he didnt do that no money to do that and we dont drink in this house. Unles its a special occassion and than its in moderation. but thats us
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21
What time did he end up getting home?

My BF and I are the same and freak each other out when the other is late home, I don't even have to call him because he will call me half an hour before to ask if I want him to come pick me up because obviously I can't get home by myself
He ended up home at 1:15 not to late but i was worried and mad all at the same time. Ah well. His excuse wasnt very good either lol
post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom
I always wonder why my bf gets annoyed when I come home later than expected..I secretly think he is just a little controlling..but I think the real truth is that he's "worried"...or so he says.
Aw i would belive him. if i am late coming home from work steve paces the floor.
post #8 of 15
Aw... as long as you don't STAY mad at him.
I certianly understand worrying about him getting home safely, but 15 minutes is forgiveable.
post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcat
Aw... as long as you don't STAY mad at him.
I certianly understand worrying about him getting home safely, but 15 minutes is forgiveable.
I know it is lol. I am not as mad as i was last night. And its not like i made him sleep on the couch about it lmao..

and he has called three times already saying sorry so i guess i can forgive him heh heh
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms
I know it is lol. I am not as mad as i was last night. And its not like i made him sleep on the couch about it lmao..

and he has called three times already saying sorry so i guess i can forgive him heh heh
You two sound like your'e in love.
post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcat
You two sound like your'e in love.
oh we are the wedding is coming up too heh
post #12 of 15
It might be just me, but I just don't get the whole idea of telling your s/o "you better be in the door by such and such time". The way I see it, my fiance is a grown man and should be allowed to go out and do what he wants. Years back when the guys had "boys night out" on Fridays, I never gave him a set time to be home or even questioned where they were going.
Just an example, let's say I told him to be home in the door by 1am. On the way to the car, leaving the bar to head home, he runs into an old friend who invites him back in for a drink. His cell phone is dead so he can't call me. I would never want him to be in the position where he feels he can't do something like that because he has a curfew with me.
Bad things can happen at any point. You can't track someones every move and think that is going to somehow keep them safe. Ovbiously if it gets to be 3 am and there's no word from him I would find myself worried... But 15 minutes really isn't a big deal.
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtle
It might be just me, but I just don't get the whole idea of telling your s/o "you better be in the door by such and such time". The way I see it, my fiance is a grown man and should be allowed to go out and do what he wants. Years back when the guys had "boys night out" on Fridays, I never gave him a set time to be home or even questioned where they were going.
Just an example, let's say I told him to be home in the door by 1am. On the way to the car, leaving the bar to head home, he runs into an old friend who invites him back in for a drink. His cell phone is dead so he can't call me. I would never want him to be in the position where he feels he can't do something like that because he has a curfew with me.
Bad things can happen at any point. You can't track someones every move and think that is going to somehow keep them safe. Ovbiously if it gets to be 3 am and there's no word from him I would find myself worried... But 15 minutes really isn't a big deal.
I can see your point. But every couple has their own things they live by as well and what works with one couple wont work with another. I learned early in the relationship that I do have to set stuff for steve, not that i dont trust him. But i also do not wish to be up til 3am worrying. and I AM a worry wart.

Also early in the relationship he made it known that he wouldnt like me going to a bar, or club ect alone. (i do not have many local friends they have all moved) well i am a firm beliver of whats good for the goose is good for the gander. I have had "curfew" as it were as well. Than again I was home early.

I can understand its not in your view. But like i said, what works for one relationship doesnt work for another. This works for us. I got over it. But i am a MAJOR worry wart. So 15mins to me was bad. Steve knows it. Because he knows what a worry wart I am.
post #14 of 15
Funny that.... I had to put up with exactly the same thing. I know precisely how you feel. I can't say anything more useful than that... but there you go.
post #15 of 15
Ooooh I'm so glad to be single right now - glad he was only 15 late!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Argh men