I was just wondering who else was on Flickr?
post #1 of 9
5/6/06 at 2:53pm
|When you have a free Flickr account, you can upload 20MB worth of photos each calendar month. This is a bandwidth limit, and not an amount of space that you have to play with on Flickr servers.
Your bandwidth allowance is reset to zero at midnight GMT on the first of each calendar month. (What's midnight GMT in your timezone?)
Deleting photos doesn't recover any of your monthly upload limit. To find out what your limit is at for the current month, go to your upload page.
If you find yourself hitting your limit, you might like to get a Pro account. If that's not for you, you can shoot your photos at a lower resolution or resize them to be more "web-friendly" (like 300KB instead of 5MB).
Can I pay to keep more of my photos on Flickr?
Absolutely! Upgrade to a Pro Account for just US$24.95 a year. Here's what you'll get with a Pro Account:
* 2 GB monthly upload limit
* Unlimited storage
* Unlimited bandwidth
* Unlimited photosets
* Permanent archiving of high-resolution original images
* The ability to replace a photo
* Ad-free browsing and sharing
Compare that to what you get with a Free Account:
* 20 MB monthly upload limit
* 3 photosets
* Photostream views limited to the 200 most recent images
* Storage of smaller (resized) images