TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Pet Peeves #37125
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pet Peeves #37125

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
Or something like that. I'd do that 1/2 fractions thing that Wyan always does but I don't know how Anyway, I know we've had a lot of topics like this, but I've never participated in one, PLUS we have a ton of new members (as usual) SOOOooooo what are your biggest pet peeves??

Mine:

-When people put a period after a question. Nothing personal, but I see a A LOT and it drives me CRAZY; I'm a grammar freak.
-When someone doesn't understand your point of view/something you're trying to explain to them.
-Messy rooms.... But only when I'm on vacation Don't ask me why. I just can't sleep with a messy room away from home.
post #2 of 28
What's a period? Sorry I'm thick.
post #3 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats
What's a period? Sorry I'm thick.
same here! ....
post #4 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiecat3
Or something like that. I'd do that 1/2 fractions thing that Wyan always does but I don't know how Anyway, I know we've had a lot of topics like this, but I've never participated in one, PLUS we have a ton of new members (as usual) SOOOooooo what are your biggest pet peeves??

Mine:

-When people put a period after a question. Nothing personal, but I see a A LOT and it drives me CRAZY; I'm a grammer freak
-When someone doesn't understand your point of view/something you're trying to explain to them
-Messy rooms.... But only when I'm on vacation Don't ask me why. I just can't sleep with a messy room away from home.

I too am a grammar freak..actually anything mispelled or grammatically incorrect drives me nuts
post #5 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom
I too am a grammar freak..actually anything mispelled or grammatically incorrect drives me nuts
Me too! I HATE it!
post #6 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom
I too am a grammar freak..actually anything mispelled or grammatically incorrect drives me nuts
Please my friend! to forgive my misspells please! ..I´m in the process to learn so strong your beautiful language! ...


Cheers!
post #7 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats
What's a period? Sorry I'm thick.

A full stop.
post #8 of 28
Oh that's language I can understand. Lol! Thanks.
post #9 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats
What's a period? Sorry I'm thick.
In grammer anyways, this is a period: .
Here are several periods: ......

Here's an example some questions with a period:

Blah blah blah etc.
So what do you think. Should I listen to him.

Drives me crazy!!!!

But - wait, what would you call them, then?
post #10 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats
Oh that's language I can understand. Lol! Thanks.

No problem. It's the language I grew up learning too. I was one heavily confused child when I switched over to the American school system.
post #11 of 28
I can't stand it when people put too, many, commas, in, a, sentence!!!! AUGH!!!!
post #12 of 28
Grammar? Me too....I hate it when people pronouce the word "crayon" as "crown" instead. (Yea, picky, I know! )
post #13 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat
Please my friend! to forgive my misspells please! ..I´m in the process to learn so strong your beautiful language! ...


Cheers!
Rigel, you're doing great with English! It is such a complicated language to learn, since every rule of grammar, spelling and pronunciation is broken sometimes. Besides, your English gives your posts character and charm.
post #14 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb
Rigel, you're doing great with English! It is such a complicated language to learn, since every rule of grammar, spelling and pronunciation is broken sometimes. Besides, your English gives your posts character and charm.
What Heidi said, Rigel!! In spades. You do very well.
post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiecat3
I'm a grammar freak.
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat
Please my friend! to forgive my misspells please! ..I´m in the process to learn so strong your beautiful language! ...


Cheers!
I think we can make an exception for you Rigel! You do really well anyway!
post #16 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb
Rigel, you're doing great with English! It is such a complicated language to learn, since every rule of grammar, spelling and pronunciation is broken sometimes. Besides, your English gives your posts character and charm.
I totally agree! I love the enthusiam that shines through in your posts.
post #17 of 28
Rigel - you do a wonderful job. 100 times better than my spanish ( let's see uno, dos, tres - that's about it). The people who drive us nuts are the ones who supposedly went through our school system.

My typical grammar pet peeves are (there, their, they're) (it's vs its).
post #18 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb
Rigel, you're doing great with English! It is such a complicated language to learn, since every rule of grammar, spelling and pronunciation is broken sometimes. Besides, your English gives your posts character and charm.
Heidi - broken sometimes? There are rules where the exceptions exceed the adherent ones.
post #19 of 28
Lately mine is driving related-people not using turn signals or when someone pulls out ahead of you, drives slow and makes a turn (w/o turn signal) 2 minutes later!! And people talking on their phones while shopping!!!
post #20 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig

My typical grammar pet peeves are (there, their, they're) (it's vs its).
Same here. Don't forget your instead of you're

I know that nobody's perfect - I know I mis-spell sometimes, too. It's just... annoying

But I've got to agree with everyone else, Rigel - your grammar has never bothered me at all, don't ask me why, I don't know; I know you're still learning and like they it does give it character AND you are doing great at learning it!
I think English must be a very tough language to learn. I know I once heard somewhere that it was the 2nd hardest to learn as a second language...
post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig
Rigel - you do a wonderful job. 100 times better than my spanish ( let's see uno, dos, tres - that's about it). The people who drive us nuts are the ones who supposedly went through our school system.

My typical grammar pet peeves are (there, their, they're) (it's vs its).
Yep and the your versus you're, further, farther, less versus fewer (they have this at Albertsons ... errg, who and whom... you get to learn all these things as a copy-editor trainee.... the grammer mistakes used to drive us wild!

Any no one should even mention MY spanish.... ....
post #22 of 28
I hate it when people use commas in place of periods.

I went to the store,,,!!!! There a really smart sweet guy I know on another site that constantly does thing. He will write

Gabby's will be racing tonight.,,,,

A period is sufficent!!
post #23 of 28
i guess this is why none of you read my posts fullstop commar yes thts itttt
mistypo


am i annoying you yet!.....



No actually i always realise other peoples mistakes but never my own... why? because i never re read what i post
post #24 of 28
For all you grammar freaks, how about having to put up with people who were raised with saying warshed instead of washed? Or birfday instead of birthday?
Or even I'm gunna instead of I'm going to? it's heck here I tell ya! and they hate me when I correct them or repeat them and make it sound as funny as it sounds to me. I even am notorious for correcting peoples emails and sending them back. Maybe that's why I have no friends??
My other pet peave is lying. I hate people who do it and I absolutely won't do it myself or for anyone. Nothing is worth lying for IMO.
post #25 of 28
My coworkers..'nuff said
post #26 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugen
For all you grammar freaks, how about having to put up with people who were raised with saying warshed instead of washed?
I hear that a lot. That and shar instead of shower and a wasper instead of wasp.
post #27 of 28
I hate it when I'm serving a customer and they are on their phone. I say VERY loudly that will be $15.00 thanks as if to specially interrupt them!
post #28 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats
I hate it when I'm serving a customer and they are on their phone. I say VERY loudly that will be $15.00 thanks as if to specially interrupt them!

That IS very rude. Not sure what I would do if someone came to pay for something and spent the whole time jawing on a celphone.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Pet Peeves #37125