TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › RANT about *rude* people
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RANT about *rude* people

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Ok-is it just me, or does anyone else get MAD when your in a funeral precesion(sp?) and people dont pull over? To me, its just rude and inconsiderate! Today after DH grandads funeral, as we were heading to the cemetary, people just like drove on by(not all of them, but there were several) and then they think they have to STARE, like they are going to see something Gee whiz people!! But we did pass one man that was riding his mower, and he stopped and just sat there(very polite) Uggh, sorry just had to RANT a bit.......
post #2 of 16
At my friends funeral, this guy on a tractor, stopped, got off and stood there with his hat in in hand, over his heart, and head bowed. It brought tears to my eyes. He didn't even know whose funeral it was. That to me was absolutely respectful. To bad most people don't have that kind of respect. I think that ought to be a law.
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugen
At my friends funeral, this guy on a tractor, stopped, got off and stood there with his hat in in hand, over his heart, and head bowed. It brought tears to my eyes. He didn't even know whose funeral it was. That to me was absolutely respectful. To bad most people don't have that kind of respect. I think that ought to be a law.


That is so sweet of that man to do that, how respectful of him!


I do agree though, that it is quite rude for people to not stop and pull over during a procession!
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks
But we did pass one man that was riding his mower, and he stopped and just sat there(very polite)
That exact same thing happened when my dad passed away. I think that is so nice.

You have every right to be upset. It's a hard enough day as it is, you don't need rude people to deal with.
post #5 of 16
Or how about when they pull out right in the middle of the funeral line...so then when they stop at the red lights, the people behind them who are in the funeral are left behind? How RUDE.
post #6 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugen
At my friends funeral, this guy on a tractor, stopped, got off and stood there with his hat in in hand, over his heart, and head bowed. It brought tears to my eyes. He didn't even know whose funeral it was. That to me was absolutely respectful. To bad most people don't have that kind of respect. I think that ought to be a law.
~Yes, thats very respectful!! And I also think there should be a law passed for this....I mean a cop is usually in the front anyways, so they may as well just pull people over that dont wanna pull over for the funeral!!
post #7 of 16
while on main streets i am all for pulling over.

I am not for having to pull over on the freeway.

And we do have many funeral processions here on the freeways. I always go to the farthest lane away from the procession, and I do slow down. But if everyone just stopped and pulled over..there would be some major traffic jams. I dont wanna sound inconsiderate..but with the way people drive around here that would also cause some major accidents
post #8 of 16
During the funeral procession for my aunt, one driver would not pull to the side of the county road we were on and almost collided with our motorcycle cop escort! (The escort was racing to get ahead after he had stopped traffic at a crossroad so we could proceed.) Everybody else had pulled over as far as they could.Generally, folks around here are pretty good about respecting funeral processions.
post #9 of 16
I think many people simply don't know that you're supposed to pull over for funeral processions. I learned that it was the proper thing to do from my parents--but I'm sure that there are lots of teenagers just learning to drive whose parents dont tell them about it--heck, nowadays many parents don't interact with their kids AT ALL.

Just another sign that our society is losing its gentility and manners, in general.
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05
I think many people simply don't know that you're supposed to pull over for funeral processions. I learned that it was the proper thing to do from my parents--but I'm sure that there are lots of teenagers just learning to drive whose parents dont tell them about it--heck, nowadays many parents don't interact with their kids AT ALL.

Just another sign that our society is losing its gentility and manners, in general.
Yes...I have to say that I have NEVER once heard in my life to pull over for funeral processions. I have always just kept driving like normal. But I havent seen anyone else pull over in front of me either...otherwise I would have got the hint.

Well this is sad. I feel bad now.
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilleah
Yes...I have to say that I have NEVER once heard in my life to pull over for funeral processions. I have always just kept driving like normal. But I havent seen anyone else pull over in front of me either...otherwise I would have got the hint.

Well this is sad. I feel bad now.
I've never heard of it either, something to think about though
post #12 of 16
I always get out the way of funeral processions, police cars (obviously) and ambulances (also, obviously). With funerals, it's just respectful. I don't pull over and stop - that's just not practical most of the time on our roads - there's no stopping lanes for the most part - but I change lanes to get out of the way, and slow right down, and I don't look at them as they go past. It's not a wedding procession where people of course don't mind being looked at, I really just think a little bit of respect wouldn't hurt, sometimes!
post #13 of 16
My friends mom passed in september and they had four motorcycle cops. You must pull over the police will direct you to. If there is no police escort you don't have to. Out of respect you should but hey it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes you just have to say hell with it, not ever one thinks the same way.
post #14 of 16
I always pull over for funeral processions. It's rather rude not to.
post #15 of 16
Yes, it is terribly rude. People should show some respect for the families of the deceased.
I had a friend in high school that died from alcohol poisoning. During her funeral procession, most everyone was polite and pulled over, except for a beer truck that raced past the procession, and cut in front of the hearse so he could make a right turn. It was appalling!
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen
Or how about when they pull out right in the middle of the funeral line...so then when they stop at the red lights, the people behind them who are in the funeral are left behind? How RUDE.
ok, they're just stupid & non-observant - can't they tell what it is?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › RANT about *rude* people