TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Right that's it. TCS meet-up in Oz?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Right that's it. TCS meet-up in Oz?

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
So, it's not necessarily going to be that easy, but seeing as there's the general `meet-up' vibe happening, what would be the chances of doing it for our Australian members?

Flying here is expensive (especially from Perth) and a long way, but it would be worth it I think, perhaps to incorporate it into another already planned trip.

Would any Australian members be interested in a meet-up?
post #2 of 21
I was supposed to meet danielle In january/febuary because i had planned to come back then. But It doesnt look like anything is happenening or possible to happen untill next year or 2008!

BUTTTTTTTT if you meet up this year i cant wait to see pics and have fun!
post #3 of 21
Since I'm building a raft to go to the UK meetup, I'll just point my raft in the other direction to get to yours Sarah!! (must remember to buy water wings)
post #4 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever
Since I'm building a raft to go to the UK meetup, I'll just point my raft in the other direction to get to yours Sarah!! (must remember to buy water wings)
Could you pick me up in the UK?
post #5 of 21
Sure Lauren..........make sure you have water wings incase we sink!
post #6 of 21
Hey Sarah, more than happy to have a meet up but I dont think I will be coming to Perth for a while. Chris' best mate lives in Perth so maybe we will come and see him at some stage (but dont hold your breath )

there isnt alot of us (that regularly post anyway) and such a big country to get around...

I will be in the whitsundays and then port douglass in a couple of weeks if anyone wants to come meet me there
post #7 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggles
I will be in the whitsundays and then port douglass in a couple of weeks if anyone wants to come meet me there
Ahhhh, go on then!!

Still saving those pennies of mine!
post #8 of 21
I would love to take a trip across the water to meet you guys! ANd I would love to meet Tania (Kumbulu)!

Im hoping to be in wellington later this year for the LOTR exhibit so would love to meet Sam!
post #9 of 21
Just let Karen know where to send the gnomes.
post #10 of 21
I'm good for a meet up!!

Yes, Perth is prolly a little too far at the moment but Melbourne or Sydney is good for me!!
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggles
Hey Sarah, more than happy to have a meet up but I dont think I will be coming to Perth for a while. Chris' best mate lives in Perth so maybe we will come and see him at some stage (but dont hold your breath )

there isnt alot of us (that regularly post anyway) and such a big country to get around...

I will be in the whitsundays and then port douglass in a couple of weeks if anyone wants to come meet me there

I LOVE PORT DOUGLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will have so much fun there The bbq restaurant that is on the water i forgot its name but it was so lovely to eat there, you have to go there! HONESTLYYYYYYYYYYYYY
post #12 of 21
Thread Starter 
Well I'll be going to Sydney or Melbourne definitely within the year....so perhaps we could arrange something around then!
post #13 of 21
Excellent!!

Well, let us know and hopefully we'll be able to organise something!
post #14 of 21
i'll be in Binninup, south of Perth soon but i won't be able to make it to Sydney....too far away

we need more West Oz members, Australia is just too big, especially if you have to go all the way from WA to NSW.

you should stop by my house one night for a barby, it wouldn't be a huge meet-up though with only the two of us

it's funny because i don't think of Australia being that big a lot but you can drive for days and not see a sign of civilisation, especially where i am at the moment
post #15 of 21
I just read this whole post in my head with an Aussie accent! (I don't know why I felt I needed to share that, but I did! I'd love to visit Australia someday...)
post #16 of 21
I wouldn't be able travel to Perth but I am in Sydney - it would be great to meet with anyone here.
post #17 of 21
Thread Starter 
Well Felicia, I'll come over with Max and the puppies, we'll have a vegetarian BBQ and get drunk! It'll be fun!!
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!
Well Felicia, I'll come over with Max and the puppies, we'll have a vegetarian BBQ and get drunk! It'll be fun!!
That would be cool Jeff makes his own beer but you have to be pretty brave to try it he also makes an awesome ginger beer but it's alcoholic and very strong.....sticking to the wine might be a better idea lol.

our new place is perfect for BBQ's, you could meet pandy and bon....pandy takes a bit of time to get to know people and she hides around the house for a little while, at first you won't see her at all then she'll start to peek around corners and finally come out....she's silly and does the same thing with all my family and friends, bonnie's shy too but she comes out nearly straight away.

i so can't wait to move to the new house, only three nights left here, woohoo! lol

we had our going away party last night and i'm a little seedy today, iv'e been drinking heaps of water and can only eat icy poles
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessrampant
I just read this whole post in my head with an Aussie accent! (I don't know why I felt I needed to share that, but I did! I'd love to visit Australia someday...)
think Nicole Kidman or Rebecca Cartright
post #20 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandybear
That would be cool Jeff makes his own beer but you have to be pretty brave to try it he also makes an awesome ginger beer but it's alcoholic and very strong.....sticking to the wine might be a better idea lol.

our new place is perfect for BBQ's, you could meet pandy and bon....pandy takes a bit of time to get to know people and she hides around the house for a little while, at first you won't see her at all then she'll start to peek around corners and finally come out....she's silly and does the same thing with all my family and friends, bonnie's shy too but she comes out nearly straight away.

i so can't wait to move to the new house, only three nights left here, woohoo! lol

we had our going away party last night and i'm a little seedy today, iv'e been drinking heaps of water and can only eat icy poles
Ooohhh that sounds like fun!! We really should arrange something...
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!
Ooohhh that sounds like fun!! We really should arrange something...
that would be nice, i think we are the only West Oz TCS members

once we are settled in the new house maybe we could organise a BBQ or something.

i'll also have a lot of party's once i move down south, i used to hold heaps of them before we moved to Yalgoo, i'll let you know when they are organised properly

it will be awesome
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Right that's it. TCS meet-up in Oz?