New colorful collars!

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
those are really nice looking! If I'm inspired to get chester a new collar anytime soon...I'll be emailing this person

Thanks for the link!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those collars are very cute, but how is the clasp on it? Doesn't look like it would open as easily as my current safety collars.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Yeah, please post if anyone finds out anything more about the clasps... these look really cute and I'd think they wouldn't wear too much like petstore collars do from the kitties scratching their necks with back paws (I've had to get new collars for Ollie cuz they get to looking like they've been cheese grated after awhile and it's very unattractive!).... that's the main reason I'd consider purchasing one and the price is right, plus she's willing to use custom fabric if you dont see something you like.... if we get conformation on the clasp, I'll probably order one....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The collars are safety collars, it has a plastic clasp that will come apart if she gets into some trouble. I got the collar with the personal identification on it. My cat sleeps in the same room with me and I am a very light sleeper, so I needed a collar that had her name and my phone # on it and this collar is sooo cute and the lady picked out a thread that would work great with the collar fabric I picked out. I have had my collar for about 4 months now and it is very durable the thread does not come out and there is no coming apart of the collar or anything! Hope this helps!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds good... I think we all just wanted to be able to see the clasps for ourselves (or hear from someone who had) to be absolutely SURE they're safety clasps.... I'll probably order one sometime soon in royal blue, since that's "Oliver's Color" hahaha... thanks

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

Sounds good... I think we all just wanted to be able to see the clasps for ourselves (or hear from someone who had) to be absolutely SURE they're safety clasps.... I'll probably order one sometime soon in royal blue, since that's "Oliver's Color" hahaha... thanks
Haha! It sure is! He's such a stud

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have ordered these collars and they are great! My cats have had no trouble with them and I love the fact that you can choose from so many designs and get them personalised. I ordered from the UK and the shipping costs were only $4 and I ordered several collars. I purchased from their ebay shop.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
wht a great idea! i've added the link to my bookmarks - altho i've got enought collars for the moment!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think the fabric colors are so cute and I also like that they had fabric for holidays. I'mgoing toto get one for every holiday!! Sophia's going to be the cutest cat around!

katzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is pathetic LOL Chester is gonna have more collars then my entire wardrobe put together but he deserves every bit of it

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought 4 kitten collars for my babies and had them personalised (see below). I can't wait for my babies to be old enough to wear them!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it's finally time for Ollie to get a new collar, so of course I'm going with this site! I emailed her to ask if she could do plain royal blue, and she went out today to look for fabric! She sounds really nice and was very helpful and quick to respond to my email... I told her how pet store collars get shreaded from usual neck scratchings and she said her female ragdoll has been wearing her bumblebee print collar for over a year now (and she has all her claws) and there's no sign of damage at all! So I'm REALLY excited to more than likely not have to buy a new collar for at least several years.... It's going to be embroidered with his name and my number and I'm also ordering a "tuna breath" collar charm (she lists them as collar charms, but I think I'll be using it as a zipper pull on Ollie's personal luggage - yes, he has a duffle bag that's just for all his "crap" for traveling between home and school... and he may have to come on vacation with us this year too!)... anyhow... my total order with shipping would be about $18, which I'm more than willing to fork over for such a great quality collar! I'll be sure to update y'all when the collar arrives!
(<--- I'm a happy/excited mama cat about all this, hehe!)

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The clasps are exactly the same as the Lupine pet ones, and they are indeed breakaway. Much better breakaway than the standard pet store ones, too! If you look at the pic Minxie posted you'll notice that one side of the part that buckles into the other side is shaped differently--what makes it breakaway. They come apart with a little less pressure, but don't fall off. And they're harder for the cat to chew apart and destroy (lupine guarantees theirs for life "even if chewed", I'm sure this seller's buckles are pretty much the same).

And she lives right near my high school boyfriend! Heheheheee! I'm not sure why that matters, but I thought it was interesting. I can pretty much guarantee you where she gets her supplies from-at least some of them. It's the same store my mom buys her stained glass stuff from, and it's called the Busy Beaver. (Get it, cause its in Beavercreek?)

thedivinemisst0

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love the collars at www.almost-human.com but i can't justify paying over $20 for somthing that my cats will fprobley break, so i'm going to cut up a few necklaces and make my own cheap knockoffs. Is an streachy elastic coller considered a breakaway (as it will eventually snap in half) or is it a special kind of clasp?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A piece of elastic is about the most dangerous thing I can imagine putting around your cats neck, especially one with beads on it. Yes, it will break, and then suddenly your cat has a piece of elastic to play with and possibly swallow and possibly obstruct her intestines, and the same thing goes for the beads that are all over the floor now. Also, it will be very hard to fit elastic because it stretches so much... so how do you make it not too tight but at the same time not so loose that she can't get it over her head? I don't think you can. If it doesn't break it probably won't come off and that's just as dangerous. Best case scenario, if the need arises, is that it does happen to come off and leave, um 14k gold in a tree... but I wouldn't risk it and my cat doesn't even go outside.

They do make safety-stretch collars, but they are about half an inch wide and are elasticized nylon, usually, with a buckle. These have the same purpose as the regular breakaway ones in that if the cat gets stuck the weight is enough to stretch the collar so that they can slip out of it.

Breakaway collars are usually nylon (these are fabric) with a special clasp that won't come off (well, a lot of cats have spent hours figuring out how to get them off!) unless about four pounds of pressure is put on them, so if the collar gets caught in bushes or on a tree the cat does not hang.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

They do make safety-stretch collars, but they are about half an inch wide and are elasticized nylon, usually, with a buckle. These have the same purpose as the regular breakaway ones in that if the cat gets stuck the weight is enough to stretch the collar so that they can slip out of it.
That's what Ollie's wearing now, and he's basically shreaded it because he has all his claws, so when he scratches his neck it tears at the collar... that's why I'm so excited for these ragtime collars!

I also agree about the necklace type things... super bad idea

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Several weeks and many playfights later, the ragtime collars are still going strong and still look new! Surprised that they haven't got dirty or ripped with all the mischief the kittens get up to!

I really recommend them!