Sasha's results from the Cytolab came back positive, Stage 4 (4 out of 5) for lympho sarcoma, a diffused form of liver cancer.
After curling into a ball and crying my heart out as he is also the last living connection with SiSi, I thought it through and made a very difficult decision that I hope everybody will support. I talked through all the options with the Vet, and have decided to pursue just oral medication precisely for liver cancer, no chemo, to see if it will generate a remission of some sort for Sasha. He is still eating, drinking, and happy. He has that tiny heart murmer, but in no danger of an imminent heart attack.
I declined Chemotherapy because of the Stage 4, Sasha's age, the former mauling by the coyote which may have weakened some areas we don't necessarily know about, and simply the fact that right now - he's happy. He would be subjected to chemo treatments that would zap his strength and happiness, his fur might turn awful, and he would have some side effects similar to humans, like vomiting, pain, nausea, and a whole host of other reactions, maybe.
I will talk with him tomorrow, not tonight on his birthday, and see what he wants.
If any remission takes place he could get another 8-10 months, or if it doesn't, this drug will at least maybe
alleviate some symptoms as the disease progresses.....and the rest will be up to Sasha to tell me when.
I know some may disagree, but this strong warrior has had a wonderful life, with every comfort and amount of constant love a kitty could want. I do not want to end it with suffering.
Love and peace ~~