TheCatSite.com › Forums › Feral Cats and Rescue › Cats S.O.S › Judge says kill dogs...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Judge says kill dogs...

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
I am in Utah and I am pissed over this judge. Read it here.


http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=189341
post #2 of 26
That is just stupid! I feel for the woman and her dogs. That judge was very much in the wrong!
post #3 of 26
What a complete

He apologised, but I don't think that makes any difference. Anyone with a soul wouldn't say something like that in the first place.
post #4 of 26
That is just disgusting of that judge! He should be removed from the bench!

I'll move this to SOS, although it's not actually about cats.
post #5 of 26
Thread Starter 
Right now the Utah human society is in his face. I am sure something will be done. I will keep you all updated.
post #6 of 26
Idiot!!!

Keep us updated!
post #7 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchcaddy
Idiot!!!

Keep us updated!
They did say the judge was already in hot water last year. Due to cops being called to his house on 4 separate occasions.
post #8 of 26
Yep, that judge needs his head checked. I can't believe he acutually said what he did
post #9 of 26
I have a good idea for all the Utah citizens... Find the judge and lock him in a car for a while....
post #10 of 26
the judge is a total dick head and as long as the dogs ar looked after who cares
post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky
I have a good idea for all the Utah citizens... Find the judge and lock him in a car for a while....
Sounds like a plan! We should do it
post #12 of 26
This judge should be fired, then strung up and hung. I am so sick and tired of the laws regarding pet ownership, this makes me sick. NO LAW should EVER tell me how many or what type of pet I can or can not own, as long as they are well cared for and the saftey of the public is considered. I am sure another stupid lawmaker with nothing better to do introduced this law, so they should be strung up too. I am sick and tired of this nonsenseThis judge MUST be taken off the bench NOW. We do not need a dictator like this in our courts!!
post #13 of 26
Thread Starter 
UPDATE:

Ok the judge had to go through counseling and anger management himself last year because the cops where called to his house on four separate occasions because of commotion and domestic situations. Nothing specific yet.

They have started to try to ban him. He has been on leave because of this.
post #14 of 26
Why is there a law that you can only have two dogs?
post #15 of 26
Thread Starter 
A lot of people here like to hord animals. I guess that was set. Also might be her housing arrangement. If she rents.
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz
A lot of people here like to hord animals. I guess that was set. Also might be her housing arrangement. If she rents.
Just because there are a few people who like to hord animals, does not mean there should be a law. Again, one dumb useless law and a waste of tax money. However, there should be regulations for the proper care of animals. As for the housing arrangement, if she rents, the law would not have any case against her. It would be a civil dispute where the landlord could evict her, but she could not be given a jail sentence or have her animals taken from her. America, the land of the free...give me a break. We lost our freedoms a long time ago.
post #17 of 26
Thread Starter 
I heard a little last night saying her house was a mess.
post #18 of 26
This judge needs to be removed!! I swear some of these judges regarding several aspects of the law are just awful!! Nobody should be able to dictate how many animals one owns as long as they are being cared for! Your land and property are yours, I am so tired of these idiots!!!
post #19 of 26
Seven dogs isn't "hoarding", though, not if you have a big yard for them to run around in, or a farm or something... or if they're small dogs, and you have a big house...

Heck, you could probably have twenty dogs and not be "hoarding" them, if they're healthy and well fed and have enough room. Anybody that breeds dogs can easily have that many, and I've seen farms with twenty barn cats.

Yeah, there should be laws on dogs that get too noisy and disturb people in a neighborhood... yeah, there should be laws to keep people from keeping dogs they can't take care of... and yeah, 7 dogs is a lot; but if she's taking care of them, then is it really the county's business?!
post #20 of 26
Thread Starter 
I take it they where cared for and she was in the process of getting her animal shelter license. I guess the only reason she was put in jail was for to many dogs .
post #21 of 26
I just came across this thread, and it's really relevant to me right now.
My sister (3 dogs) had animal control at her house today, because a neighbor reported her for having more than the 2 allowed in her town. They were going to take one to the county "kill" shelter, and none of her dogs would stand a chance there, because two are quite old, and the third is a three-legged Bernhard. My mom ending up taking one of the old dogs.
My sister also learned that there's a town ordinance requiring dog owners to have a dog house (in her case, two, or one large enough for two dogs), although her dogs are kept indoors, and are only in her backyard when somebody is home to let them back inside when they're ready to come in. She's been living in that town for about twelve years, and has never heard of the ordinance. Her neighbors who have dogs also have no dog house.
I can see trying to prevent hoarding, but some of the restrictions just go too far.
post #22 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat
I just came across this thread, and it's really relevant to me right now.
My sister (3 dogs) had animal control at her house today, because a neighbor reported her for having more than the 2 allowed in her town. They were going to take one to the county "kill" shelter, and none of her dogs would stand a chance there, because two are quite old, and the third is a three-legged Bernhard. My mom ending up taking one of the old dogs.
My sister also learned that there's a town ordinance requiring dog owners to have a dog house (in her case, two, or one large enough for two dogs), although her dogs are kept indoors, and are only in her backyard when somebody is home to let them back inside when they're ready to come in. She's been living in that town for about twelve years, and has never heard of the ordinance. Her neighbors who have dogs also have no dog house.
I can see trying to prevent hoarding, but some of the restrictions just go too far.
I do agree with you.
post #23 of 26
Most urban and suburban areas I've lived have had a 2 or 3 dog limit.
In Seattle there was (probably still is) a 3 dog limit.
Beyond three requires a kennel permit.
The reason for the permit is simply to allow animal control easier access to ensure the animals are being properly cared for.
I don't disagree with a set-up of that nature as it does help to root out the hoarders.
The permits are annual and require inspection and vet records.
post #24 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlyn
Most urban and suburban areas I've lived have had a 2 or 3 dog limit.
In Seattle there was (probably still is) a 3 dog limit.
Beyond three requires a kennel permit.
The reason for the permit is simply to allow animal control easier access to ensure the animals are being properly cared for.
I don't disagree with a set-up of that nature as it does help to root out the hoarders.
The permits are annual and require inspection and vet records.
Yep I agree with you. Did you hear they said the reason she wasn't able to get the permit yet was because the sanitation and shelter was inadequate. I am hoping to get more info soon. I want the correct stuff not gossip.
post #25 of 26
They send this lady to jail for having too many dogs, and sexual predators and wife abusers get slaps on the wrists... what is our world coming too? And what kind of idiot is he to tell her she should've shot the dogs? Then I guess he'd wanna put her in jail for that too!?!? I hope he loses his bench!!!! Keep us posted on the outcome!!!
post #26 of 26
Thread Starter 
She pled guilty to neutering the neighbors dog and having to many pets. No clue what happened tot he judge...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cats S.O.S
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Feral Cats and Rescue › Cats S.O.S › Judge says kill dogs...