TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Word of the day
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Word of the day

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
Do you ever pick a word and use it constantly in a day. I do sometimes and they tend to be weird words. For example - hunkydorry. Today for some reason my word is "splendiferous". As in "Today is a splendiferous day"!

What is your word today?
post #2 of 26
splendiferous??? lol never heard that one before...

I tend to stick to words for a few days at a time. They're Hebrew though, so no point in telling ya all what they are
post #3 of 26
BTW, good to see you Adymarie!
post #4 of 26
Yup - I call today - Craptastic, its just a no good day!
post #5 of 26
Oh I love making up new words!! Splendiferous! Craptastic! I love it!
Anne I would love to learn some Hebrew words!! I could say anything I wanted and nobody would have any clue what I was saying! muuhuuuhahaha
I do have a word of the day though, usually. Today it was 'Sweety'.
post #6 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pombina
Oh I love making up new words!! Splendiferous! Craptastic! I love it!
Anne I would love to learn some Hebrew words!! I could say anything I wanted and nobody would have any clue what I was saying! muuhuuuhahaha
I do have a word of the day though, usually. Today it was 'Sweety'.


I do love the word Craptastic, it totally works for my job!
post #7 of 26
Anne, great to see you!! My word if the day is splendid!
post #8 of 26
Mine is a word I have written in the margin of so many assessments I have been marking today "grammar"
post #9 of 26
Sucks. Today sucks. I am having a sucky day today. I haven't had a day that has sucked this bad in a long time.
post #10 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom
Sucks. Today sucks. I am having a sucky day today. I haven't had a day that has sucked this bad in a long time.
Craptastic works for you today too!
post #11 of 26
I really like the word craptastic. Its like beautimus.
post #12 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom
I really like the word craptastic. Its like beautimus.
Ooohhh.... beautimus! Thats a good one too!

Even saying craptastic makes me laugh, haha!
post #13 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley
Yup - I call today - Craptastic, its just a no good day!
Thank you I have to use this word to describe my day today LOL . Hope ya don't mind.
post #14 of 26
Craptastic does make it a little more uncraptastic because you DO have to giggle a little when you say it.
post #15 of 26
Uncraptastic, thats a good one too!

I still like beautimus!
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley
Uncraptastic, thats a good one too!

I still like beautimus!
I went through a beautimus phase...
post #17 of 26
Well my craptastic day is over and I am going to the grocery store to get food for dinner. Yum!!
post #18 of 26
Maybe I should just write craptastic on the assessments instead
post #19 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea
Maybe I should just write craptastic on the assessments instead


Good idea!
post #20 of 26
My words for work are toned down from swear words I'd like to say from time to time.
One is "oh honey" as in Oh honey I understand your alarm didn't go off, but I still have to write you up for it.
and Yikes is another one that has many uses...of which I can't say on here.
My at home words are flippin sweet! and beautious. you can tell I'm not at work when those are in use! LOL!
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley
Yup - I call today - Craptastic, its just a no good day!
Any word I have sed today can not possibly top that!!!!
post #22 of 26
Today i mainly laughed!
post #23 of 26
well scince my daughter has been a litle copy-cat lately, we've had to watch our language.

So today, when I got mad because I dropped the nail polish bottle on the carpet...i said "FFFFF" seen my daughter, and said

"FARFANUGEN!"

Said it once more today too.
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilleah
well scince my daughter has been a litle copy-cat lately, we've had to watch our language.

So today, when I got mad because I dropped the nail polish bottle on the carpet...i said "FFFFF" seen my daughter, and said

"FARFANUGEN!"

Said it once more today too.
That is the same word I use. I am a teacher and well parents would be very mad if I did swear.
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea
Maybe I should just write craptastic on the assessments instead
Now that will make your students chuckle when they get their assessments back!
post #26 of 26
I bet they will, I'm not sure the powers that be would deem it to be constructive criticism though Spoilsports!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Word of the day