TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › To Ireland --- tomorrow!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

To Ireland --- tomorrow!!!

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 


Yes I have very mixed feelings about this
I can't wait to get there, it will be so much fun but gosh I'm still very nervous about the plane. What you guys have told me has helped and thanks, but I'm still really scared. I'm terrified of heights. & We leave tomorrow!!

So I feel selfish and silly for asking, but please could I get some safe trip vibes??
It would make me feel so much better

Oh yes and I do plan on taking a TON of pics while I'm there, so I'll post them when I get back!
And I'll be back late Thursday night next week. I'm gonna miss you guys so much, but I know it'll be fun.
post #2 of 21
Hooray! I'm so happy for you! Yes, please post all the pics you can! Can you take some pics from INSIDE some Irish houses or cottage type places, so I can see what they look like? I need ideas for my kitchen!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{Stay safe vibes coming your way!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Just don't look out the airplane window, you'll be fine!
post #3 of 21
Best of luck Patty!! I know you will do well on the airplane...and have a wonderful time in Ireland!!
post #4 of 21
Have a great time Patty! Not that you need them, but plenty of "safe trip" vibes coming for you!
post #5 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by menagerie mama
Hooray! I'm so happy for you! Yes, please post all the pics you can! Can you take some pics from INSIDE some Irish houses or cottage type places, so I can see what they look like? I need ideas for my kitchen!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{Stay safe vibes coming your way!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Just don't look out the airplane window, you'll be fine!
Thanks everyone
Yes, I'll definitely be able to take some pics from inside a cottage-type place, that's where we're staying with relatives for awhile
post #6 of 21
Patty
Have a safe trip and a fantastic time! You are going to love it
post #7 of 21
Patty - good luck with your trip, everything will go just fine - and you will have a WONDERFUL time!

Can't wait to see those pics!
post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiecat3
Thanks everyone
Yes, I'll definitely be able to take some pics from inside a cottage-type place, that's where we're staying with relatives for awhile
Thanks, I look forward to seeing them, and all the other ones too!
post #9 of 21
Have a wonderful time! I have always wanted to see Ireland. I am sure you will be fine on the plane. I was terrified to fly from Kansas City to Atlanta, but by the time I arrived, I felt very silly for being scared.
I have an Irish friend that advises against kissing the Blarney Stone if you go see it. He says that sometimes the natives (including himself and his brothers) get drunk and pee on it when there are no tourists around. I don't know if it is true, but do you want to risk it?
post #10 of 21
Oh Patty I'm sure you'll be just fine!!
Have a wonderful time, I look forward to all the pictures!
post #11 of 21
Have fun in ireland!
I have a friend too who was just there 2 weeks ago and he had the best time!

*sending you lots of safe trip vibes*

post #12 of 21
Have a great time, Lassy!! I'm sending a guardian angel your way--take a , you'll be just fine!!!!!! ( But, I know how you feel though--I'm already dreading boarding our plane for Mexico next month)


Can't wait to hear from you and see pix when you return!!
post #13 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus77
Have a great time, Lassy!! I'm sending a guardian angel your way--take a : , you'll be just fine!!!!!! ( But, I know how you feel though--I'm already dreading boarding our plane for Mexico next month)


Can't wait to hear from you and see pix when you return!!
Thank you..... And I hope you have a great time in Mexico!!
post #14 of 21
Thread Starter 


We leave...... In 3 1/2 hrs to the airport!!!!
Just finishing my last-minute packing.

Does anyone know if chewing gum actually helps so your ears don't pop? I did the last 2 times I flew, but couldn't tell much of a difference... ?
post #15 of 21
Have a safe, fun trip! Can't wait to see pictures.

When I flew to LA in Jan., I didn't chew gum, but sucked on mints. It helped a lot with the ear popping!
post #16 of 21
It can't hurt Have a good time! What airport are you flying from, Bradley or Logan?
post #17 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbysMom
It can't hurt Have a good time! What airport are you flying from, Bradley or Logan?
Logan airport, in Boston
post #18 of 21
That's where we took off from - Aer Lingus I assume? There are no storms in the area, so you should be fine I took off in the middle of a Nor'easter and lived to tell the tale.
post #19 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbysMom
That's where we took off from - Aer Lingus I assume? There are no storms in the area, so you should be fine I took off in the middle of a Nor'easter and lived to tell the tale.
Yep. From where I am in Connecticut, it takes about 1 1/2 hours to drive to Boston, and our plane takes off at 5:30. We're landing at Shannon airport and I think from there it will take about 45 minutes to get to Dublin. And I'm NOT driving!! My cousin over there (have been calling/email-ing them to plan things out) will drive us.
post #20 of 21
If you have a window seat, make sure to look out when you are circling over Shannon in the dark. It looks really cool. The Shannon airport is super tiny by the way.
post #21 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbysMom
If you have a window seat, make sure to look out when you are circling over Shannon in the dark. It looks really cool. The Shannon airport is super tiny by the way.
Ooh thanks, I'll be sure to see that!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › To Ireland --- tomorrow!!!