TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › how many of us on the site knit?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

how many of us on the site knit?

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
ive been knitting for i think now about 20 years. i was tought by my gran and now i hve children of my own i hardly ever buy jumpers or cardis
post #2 of 17
I knit and felt bags and give to anyone who will take them. Here are some: Next I am teaching myself needle felting.


post #3 of 17
I knit, once in awhile! Mostly in the winter. I've knitted just simple things like blankets and scarves, that's about it. I like to in the winter so that the blanket-in-the-making keeps me warm It's also very relaxing and helps me to not be so stressed-out. I'm no professional or anything, all I can really do is knit and purl, my Mom taught me when I was 9. Nothing like that, Abigail - those bags are beautifully done!!
post #4 of 17
My 10 y/o got an knitting machine for her birthday. It works ok for a while, and she made a couple of cute scarves, but then it drops a lot of stitches. So she wants to learn to knit. She got a cd, but we can't figure it out. We looked it up on-line...still don't know what to do!!!

We need to find someone who can knit to teach her, or get her signed up for a class. Any suggestions?
post #5 of 17
I just started using a Knifty Knitter knitting ring last month and have already made 2 scarves.
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckiboo
My 10 y/o got an knitting machine for her birthday. It works ok for a while, and she made a couple of cute scarves, but then it drops a lot of stitches. So she wants to learn to knit. She got a cd, but we can't figure it out. We looked it up on-line...still don't know what to do!!!

We need to find someone who can knit to teach her, or get her signed up for a class. Any suggestions?
In regards to your daughter's knitting machine, it may be that she needs to pull the carriage across more steadily - get into a good rhythm! It might also benefit from a good oiling and clean up!

I do both hand and machine knitting! Been hand knitting for as long as I can remember and got my knitting machine the other year for ease and speed of my experiments for uni!

Abigail, those bags are beautiful!
post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
abbie those bags are great and it looks like we just as mad as each other and i hve found since havin cats they luv my knittin wool to play with lol
post #8 of 17
well, i know how to knit - but i'm really bad at finishing projects!
post #9 of 17
Laureen, that sounds like me! I started knitting my son a nice warm winter scarf in the fall of 2004. It was supposed to be one of his Christmas presents that year, but right now it's sitting on top of my dresser because I never finished it!
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorie D.
Laureen, that sounds like me! I started knitting my son a nice warm winter scarf in the fall of 2004. It was supposed to be one of his Christmas presents that year, but right now it's sitting on top of my dresser because I never finished it!
exactly! i started a poncho for my niece in the fall of 2005. it was going to be a christmas present...then a birthday present...still haven't finished it & her birthday was last week. it's about 1/2 done. for her birthday i gave her a learn to knit book, some needles, some yarn & a bag to keep it all in.
post #11 of 17
I crochet.... does that count??? *looks around pleadingly* *sigh*... okay.... (can't knit to save my life!)
post #12 of 17
I love knitting, but haven't done so in so long. I won't be doing any for a while either, the knitting gear is all boxed up in case we decide to move.
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea
I love knitting, but haven't done so in so long. I won't be doing any for a while either, the knitting gear is all boxed up in case we decide to move.
Beth, it sounds like your DH has been a little too organised with the sorting!! He should have left you with at least one set of needles and a couple of balls of wool!
post #14 of 17
You wouldn't believe the half of it. The other day I asked him if he had seen my purse - he said what does it look like, so I told him. Next thing, loads of muttering of "I don't believe it" and he was ferreting through the boxes to find it
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea
You wouldn't believe the half of it. The other day I asked him if he had seen my purse - he said what does it look like, so I told him. Next thing, loads of muttering of "I don't believe it" and he was ferreting through the boxes to find it
Oh Beth!!

I couldn't help but laugh!! He's definitely on the ball!!

I bet you're hoping that you can move soon, so that you can find all your things again!
post #16 of 17
I can't knit but I was trying to learn how to crochet. I kind of gave up on it. I think if I had more time (ha!) I might pick it up more. It was just taking too much concentration for my eyes and brain! I know I just need to practice and it would get easier....
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea
You wouldn't believe the half of it. The other day I asked him if he had seen my purse - he said what does it look like, so I told him. Next thing, loads of muttering of "I don't believe it" and he was ferreting through the boxes to find it
That is so funny! I hope you get moved soon, so you can get unpacked!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › how many of us on the site knit?