TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Swiffer Wet Jet (Worried)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Swiffer Wet Jet (Worried)

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Ok am worried now I own a swiffer wet jet and I love it but was wondering does it have antifreeze in it. I have to know I do not want my babies sick.
post #2 of 15
read about it here http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/swiffer.asp
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Thank You so much...
post #4 of 15
Oops, sorry to have mislead you Momof3..I wasn't sure if it was true, but I just wanted to tell you just in case

Thast good to know that its safe
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom
Oops, sorry to have mislead you Momof3..I wasn't sure if it was true, but I just wanted to tell you just in case

Thast good to know that its safe
You did nothing wrong. I am glad you pointed it out. That way it is something I do not have to worry about because I know have the answers to it
post #6 of 15
It may be safe, but I think it's still a good idea to keep the cats off of it until it's dry. I think if you call the company and ask about proper use around pets that's what they'd say, too. "Safe when used as directed."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proctor & Gamble
We suggest you make sure the floor is completely dry before letting your pet walk on it
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster
It may be safe, but I think it's still a good idea to keep the cats off of it until it's dry. I think if you call the company and ask about proper use around pets that's what they'd say, too. "Safe when used as directed."
I use the till its dry for all cleaners that are safe...
post #8 of 15
Yup, absolutely.
post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
That is true. When I mopped last night I put the baby gate up works well.
post #10 of 15
I would wait until the area is dry before letting my pets onto it, even though it may be considered "safe". Here is an article off snopes.com that debunks the whole Swiffer Wetjet rumors about it killing animals.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/swiffer.asp
post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Thank you everyone.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amykins
I would wait until the area is dry before letting my pets onto it, even though it may be considered "safe". Here is an article off snopes.com that debunks the whole Swiffer Wetjet rumors about it killing animals.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/swiffer.asp
The latest on this on snopes said the did not have enough information on it to say.

I would not use it! Using Baking Soda and Vinager is a much better and safer way to clean!
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
I did use it but I put the gate up and let it fry 2 hrs before letting her in there. The mop is in the laundry room.
post #14 of 15
ASPCA released their findings and found the product quite safe when used as directed.

ASPCA Statement
post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
Yep that I know. I just wanted to be safer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Health
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Swiffer Wet Jet (Worried)