my plans are to find homes for the kittens and to *try* and rehab the mom. She is definately feral but on a scale of 1 to 10 (where 1 is a housecat, and 10 would scratch your eyes out) she is about a 6. She is not super comfortable, but she is getting better. I have been reading to her and that for a week or so now, and I will continue to do so until we find homes for the kittens. I have already started to handle the kittens, and she is ok with that for a short time. So we will work within her tolerance limits.
My big Q is when should I get her spayed? Should I wait til the kits are weaned? In any case, there is a pic posted of her under the thread "lily and kits".