- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Allergic Dermatitis Last post on 4/15/16 at 7:54am in Cat Health
- Bald ears in multi cat household - help! Last post on 3/15/16 at 9:55am in Cat Health
- Does anyone know what kind of a skin rash this is? Last post on 11/7/16 at 12:12pm in Cat Health
- Diet Related Chin Acne ??? ( Mei Li ) Last post on 10/18/15 at 6:21am in Cat Nutrition
- Itchy spot on neck? Last post on 10/1/15 at 7:25am in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats: How To Win The Fight
Last edited: 12/10/15
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 5/23/15
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 5/23/15
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
This was my third litter-box attempt in 5 months.. cost $95.00 was very hopeful, again HUGE.. ok.. can work with that but it is smelly.. the clumps r stored and makes the whole think stink as they...
When i rolled it the clips(useless and hard to slide) that hold the whole thing together.. there was always an opening and litter would come out all over the place. and did i mention its HUGE!! in...
We love this litterbox! Works percectly, no smell, and no scooping! Our 2 month old new kitten took to it right away. She now weighs a little over 3 lbs. and it now recognizes when shes been in it...
Oh my gosh, I've been looking to replace Robins favorite toy, which was inadvertently thrown out two years ago. Nobody likes to be woken up at night, but everyone loves the sound of crickets, so it...
My favorite litter
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 155/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 155/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 155/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 155/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 155/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 155/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 155/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1512/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 151/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 151/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 155/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!post #12 of 151/15/14 at 9:48ampost #13 of 152/21/16 at 2:43amHello from my lovely old female cat emelie.
I got her one year ago from an animal shelter, and she came with the very same near bold patches we all know so well. As surplus added a desire to scratch there with her hindpaws, sometimes till the skin was hurt. Also her chinhair was not so well.
At the vet I had fungus and skinparasites as reasons cleared with:no. Maybe food- or other allergies could be responsible...
Emelie is a not a very active cat. I feed her good quality canned food twice a day and a little dry food daily. The food amount is ca. 80gr canned food, less than 10gr dry food. She's 4.3kg, a little on the fatty side, says the vet, keeping her weight.
Since x-mas I started to add daily a little taurin to the canned food. I see a change now in febuary!! The hair grows back in finally. Maybe it is not normal after all. Now I search for the foodconditions of the comerades in red windows above the eyes.
Especially if your loved cats are indoorcats and older.
Kind and amount of food, amount of taurin per day consumed. Are there sucessful mouse hunting cats with the problem?post #14 of 1510/18/16 at 3:52pm
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › First time pregnant cat 7 minutes ago
- › New Cat Not Covering Her Poop! 23 minutes ago
- › The Movie Title Game 45 minutes ago
- › GAME - HOW TRIVIAL! 47 minutes ago
- › WORD GAME - Last Letters - 57 minutes ago
- › Meet Gracie 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › What Breed? 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Comparison with Germany in 1933 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Mass in stomach - is it time? 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Help with new kitten and other cAt 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Littermaid LM980 Mega Self-Cleaning Litter Box by Lily Paddy
- › Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box by Lily Paddy
- › Litter-Robot III Open-Air - Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box by artsycatmama
- › SmartyKat Crick It! Cat Toy Electronic Sound Catnip Toy by SmartyKat by misterwhiskers
- › Scoop Away Multi-Cat by Kitty kisser
- › Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul Dry Cat Food for Adult Cat by Kitty kisser
- › URPOWER Pet Nail Grinder Electric Premium Pet Nail File Gentle Paws... by Margd
- › Simple Solution Cat Stain & Odor Remover by Cassiopea
- › Tidy Cats Instant Action Cat Litter, Scoop, for Multiple Cats by Bob 1978
- › Blue Buffalo Naturally Fresh Multi-Cat Clumping Cat Litter by tiptopper
- › Angelsmum
- › Alternative Treatments for Cats: How to...
- › Abby the Sleeping Tigress - Picture Of the...
- › 9 Valentine's Day Gifts That Will Make...
- › Jay Alan Gatsby
- › Quiz: How much do you know about cat health?
- › Kindness towards Feral Mama - Picture Of the...
- › Cats and babies: All your questions answered!
- › A New Commitment for 2017 - Picture Of the...
- › TCS Cats in A Special End of Year Video!