- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Skin Conditions in Cats
Last edited: 6/5/14
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 4/23/14
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
When I just got my cats I went to the pet store looking for high quality foods and Canagans was on sale, half off. I noticed that Tapioca was in there, but a relatively small amount and no further...
These have been around a long time and I thought they were just stooopppid. That is until my mom bought me one for my new cat and I saw they do exactly what they say they do. That is hold poop and...
Since I am feeding my cats a mixed diet of raw and canned, I was looking for 100% meat canned foods. At first I found one brand that had awesome 100% meat cans, but I really do want to give them as...
I bought this because I was switching my cats to a raw diet and had read that it would entice them to eat it. It worked! Then my Remy had surgery and the antibiotic's caused some tummy troubles and...
When I first tried out Tidy Cats Light Weight Litter, I was unsure because of it's very powerful smell, which made me cough a lot. Many people use scented litter to cover up the smell, but scented...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 125/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 125/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 125/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 125/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 125/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1212/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 121/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 121/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 125/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- How to Treat Fleas in Young Kittens
- › Post a picture of your cat yawning ;) 17 minutes ago
- › Please help me move need donations threw gofundme THANK YOU 20 minutes ago
- › Kitten won't use scratching post! 31 minutes ago
- › What's the last thing you ate? 36 minutes ago
- › What breed do you think might be in the mix here? 36 minutes ago
- › Very pregnant - is it soon? 43 minutes ago
- › Human grade lysine 48 minutes ago
- › Is Weruva's Cats in the Kitchen a good quailty cat food ? 58 minutes ago
- › HELP! kitten with bloody stool vet closed!!!!! 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Should I move queen and kittens to a more comfortable location? 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Canagan Grain-Free Wet Cat Food - Various Flavors by Caralian
- › Litter Genie Plus Cat Litter Disposal System with Odor Free Pail... by Slykat12
- › Natures Menu - Cat Food Pouches by Caralian
- › Purina FortiFlora Feline Nutritional Supplement by Maureen Bradley
- › TIDY CATS Light Weight Cat Clumping Litter Pail, 17-Pound by LittleLion
- › Gonzo Pet Hair Lifter (single) by Slykat12
- › Cats in the Kitchen Cat Food, Pumpkin Lickin' Chicken, 3-Ounce... by Slykat12
- › Booda Dome Litter Box by randomhero1747
- › Ultimate Touch Shed n Blade by Kat0121
- › Fur-So-Fresh Groominator Dog and Cat 2in1 Deshedding Tool by Kat0121
- › How Well Do You Speak Cat?
- › Max & Phoebe
- › Contest Reminder and Cat Picture of the Week #16
- › Aventurine Blackberry
- › How Many Litterboxes Should You Have?
- › Ringworm Infestation in Cats: The...
- › Ringworm in Cats
- › Cat Picture of the Week #15
- › Regent the Rescue Cat
- › Cat Picture of the Week #14