- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Mystery bald spot with a hole on my cat's back!! please help!! Last post on 4/29/15 at 6:11am in Cat Health
- Bald spots? Last post on 4/18/15 at 8:23am in Cat Health
- Drooling Last post on 3/30/15 at 3:57pm in Cat Health
- My cat's wound will not heal - warning - graphic photos Last post on 4/1/15 at 5:38pm in Cat Health
- Bare Spots in Fur Last post on 4/16/15 at 9:51pm in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats
Last edited: 9/22/14
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 6/5/14
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 4/23/14
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
This is my go-to flea topical for my small sanctuary. Works well in keeping the flea population under control, have never found an embedded tic, and helps a great deal on the cats with mite...
This arrived today. Asha was instantly entranced. It's the most engaged I've ever seen her with a toy...and she loves her toys. She kept trying to grab hold of the feather end to make off with it....
Shadow was prescribed this many years ago following a bad bout of crystals. The vet couldn't get him to eat it (the only way he'd eat anything while inpatient was for me to go and hand feed him...
I got this tool many years ago. I haven't used it a great deal, as I find other brushes quicker and more effective. However, I did try it on Cali - a resolute brush hater. He was a British Cream...
I own the 60oz (smaller one), which is great for my one, rather large, cat. If you have two cats, I recommend the 90 or 120 oz versions. I keep the water level constant, and change the water...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 125/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 125/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 125/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 125/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 125/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1212/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 121/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 121/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 125/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › Is it herpes virus 1 minute ago
- › Nightmare after cat grooming 1 minute ago
- › OMG I DONT BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Bone marrow aspiration *and* IFA for FeLV: Is this necessary for... 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing petting to an adult feral cat and trying to figure out... 7 minutes ago
- › Would you consider a kidney transplant for your cat? 7 minutes ago
- › Periodically limp skinny kitten~ please help 9 minutes ago
- › Artie very sick after biopsy 10 minutes ago
- › Brought in Very Pregnant Stray Cat 12 minutes ago
- › Cooked Recipes Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Merial Frontline Plus Flea and Tick Control for Cats and Kittens by Susank521
- › Feather Waggler Cat Toy by Columbine
- › Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Feline Urinary SO Canned Cat Food by Columbine
- › KONG Cat ZoomGroom by Columbine
- › Pioneer Pet Stainless Steel Fountain Raindrop Design by Raksha
- › KONG Cat Moppy Kickeroo Catnip Toy by stephanietx
- › Drsfostersmith.com by AngelsMom1988
- › KONG Naturals Premium Catnip Cat Toy by Cat Servant
- › Paws and Claws® Scoopable Kitty Litter by Cat Servant
- › Blue Buffalo Indoor Cat Dry Food by Kitty kisser
- › You, Your Cat and Stress
- › Gone But Not Forgotten
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1520 - Ideas For A...
- › The Binx Files *cue theme music*
- › Da Moushie Bear
- › Valley View Maine Coon Cats
- › Tuxedo time! Cat Picture of the Week #1519
- › Senior Cats Surrendered to Shelters
- › 31 Embarrassing Ways For Cats To Get Stuck -...
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1518