- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Allergic Dermatitis Last post on 4/15/16 at 7:54am in Cat Health
- Bald ears in multi cat household - help! Last post on 3/15/16 at 9:55am in Cat Health
- Does anyone know what kind of a skin rash this is? Last post on 9/27/15 at 5:00pm in Cat Health
- Diet Related Chin Acne ??? ( Mei Li ) Last post on 10/18/15 at 6:21am in Cat Nutrition
- Itchy spot on neck? Last post on 10/1/15 at 7:25am in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats: How To Win The Fight
Last edited: 12/10/15
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 5/23/15
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 5/23/15
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
My current cat and past kittens all loved it. It entertained them for hours and hours. It's a bit loud compared to the other jingly balls cat toys that I have, but that is perfectly fine :) I've...
I bought this honestly because it is cheap. It's not a total waste of money because it still does it's job of picking up some fur but it's not like those big balls of fur I see people pick up with...
The prices at Petco.com are almost always better than those at my local store, and my local stores don't match the online prices. Shipping is sometimes extremely fast, but at other times can...
Many scratching posts are simply too small for a full-grown adult cat. This one is about 32 inches high, which allows for our two kitties to get a good back stretch. The scratching post is...
I am always impressed by the speed of Chewy.com's shipping! There have been times when I placed an order in the afternoon and received the items the next day. Their prices are also very...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 135/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 135/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 135/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 135/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 135/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 135/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 135/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1312/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 131/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 131/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 135/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!post #12 of 131/15/14 at 9:48ampost #13 of 132/21/16 at 2:43amHello from my lovely old female cat emelie.
I got her one year ago from an animal shelter, and she came with the very same near bold patches we all know so well. As surplus added a desire to scratch there with her hindpaws, sometimes till the skin was hurt. Also her chinhair was not so well.
At the vet I had fungus and skinparasites as reasons cleared with:no. Maybe food- or other allergies could be responsible...
Emelie is a not a very active cat. I feed her good quality canned food twice a day and a little dry food daily. The food amount is ca. 80gr canned food, less than 10gr dry food. She's 4.3kg, a little on the fatty side, says the vet, keeping her weight.
Since x-mas I started to add daily a little taurin to the canned food. I see a change now in febuary!! The hair grows back in finally. Maybe it is not normal after all. Now I search for the foodconditions of the comerades in red windows above the eyes.
Especially if your loved cats are indoorcats and older.
Kind and amount of food, amount of taurin per day consumed. Are there sucessful mouse hunting cats with the problem?
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › Help me pick the right cat breed for my future cat. 1 minute ago
- › Cat won't stop jumping at TV screen, please help! 5 minutes ago
- › Jumping on the mantelpiece 11 minutes ago
- › Giveaway: Get a FREE quality scratching post by Art Motion & Sound! 12 minutes ago
- › Hyperactivity after Simbadol (Buprenorphine injection) - 17 y/o... 15 minutes ago
- › Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too! 18 minutes ago
- › Do cats really need baths? 20 minutes ago
- › R.I.P. Squeekers April 3, 2016 - May 3, 2016 27 minutes ago
- › Mishu D' Lion 28 minutes ago
- › Arcturus' journal: life with a FIV+ cat 33 minutes ago
- › Ethical Slotted Balls Cat Toy by Novathekittycat
- › KONG Cat ZoomGroom by Alina Chen
- › Petco.com by dorimon
- › SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post by dorimon
- › Chewy.com by dorimon
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by dorimon
- › Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat Litter Pan by dorimon
- › Litter-Lifter Kitty Litter Scoop for Cats Assorted Color by dorimon
- › Sherpa Original Deluxe Pet Carrier by dorimon
- › Comfort Zone with Feliway Spray for Cats by Rhondalee
- › HELP PREGNANT CAT
- › Happy Star Wars Day With Another...
- › Cassie, Mortimer & Gertrude- siamese-mix...
- › Amazing photos! The 31 most helpful cats...
- › From Norway With Love - Picture Of The Week...
- › How to Save Your Cat From These 16...
- › An Inspurrational Quote About The Beauty Of Cats
- › Kitty
- › Should I Get A Kitten As A Gift For My Kids?
- › Picture Of The Week #1566 - Sir Grumpsalot