- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Huge Bald Spot on Neck Last post on 7/26/15 at 11:00am in Cat Health
- Sore on cats chin Last post on 7/24/15 at 12:08pm in Cat Health
- Severe hair loss 8 week old kitten Last post on 7/12/15 at 3:36pm in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Mystery bald spot with a hole on my cat's back!! please help!! Last post on 4/29/15 at 6:11am in Cat Health
- Bald spots? Last post on 4/18/15 at 8:23am in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats: How To Win The Fight
Last edited: 7/13/15
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 5/23/15
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 5/23/15
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
Soulistic really is the whole package. You get a food that you can feel good about feeding you cat, and the company provides the very best customer service I've ever experienced in my life. I...
My cat was getting chubby on his old dry, Purina One hairball. Not only that, but he was getting listless. After reviewing the ingredients in the ONE, I decided to shop around for an affordable dry...
Before finding these covers, I used the cheap, quick to crack, hard plastic grocery store ones for large cans. And for smaller cans I had to use foil or plastic wrap. Then I found these...
This is the only litter I've used, and I am pleased with it. It has a nice smell, controls odor, and lasts a long time. I never have to replace all the litter in the box, as removing clumps...
She loves this stuff. I pour it into her dish and scoop out the remain from the creases in the bottom of the pouch with a fork, add about an ounce of water and then mush it all up with a fork...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 125/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 125/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 125/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 125/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 125/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1212/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 121/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 121/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 125/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › What are the best shows or exhibits you have ever seen? 2 minutes ago
- › National Chicken Wing Day! 5 minutes ago
- › Awesome forum 24 minutes ago
- › Letting Cat Go Outside? 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Wanting to adopt roommate's cat when he moves - Advice appreciated! 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › 3 day old kittens. one not gained. 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Kitten + Older Cat = ... 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Kitten's first chicken wing - Does bone digest? 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Stray Cat just had kittens. Questions 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Just a few questions :) 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Soulistic Adult Canned Cat Food in Gravy - Various Flavors by lflmm
- › Goodlife Dry Food for Cats by misterwhiskers
- › Whisker City Pet Food Can Cover by rubysmama
- › Purina Maxx Scoop Multi-Cat by rubysmama
- › Fancy Feast Broths - Various Flavors by CONVERT94
- › Pleasant Pond Bengals - Ridge, NY by deis1
- › SmartCat All Natural Clumping Litter, 5-Pound by Raksha
- › Mokave Cats - Jacksonville, FL by Captain1
- › Petkin Litter Box Wipes by rubysmama
- › Catification: Designing a Happy and Stylish Home for Your Cat (and... by gailpj