- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Allergic Dermatitis Last post on 4/15/16 at 7:54am in Cat Health
- Bald ears in multi cat household - help! Last post on 3/15/16 at 9:55am in Cat Health
- Does anyone know what kind of a skin rash this is? Last post on 9/27/15 at 5:00pm in Cat Health
- Diet Related Chin Acne ??? ( Mei Li ) Last post on 10/18/15 at 6:21am in Cat Nutrition
- Itchy spot on neck? Last post on 10/1/15 at 7:25am in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats: How To Win The Fight
Last edited: 12/10/15
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 5/23/15
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 5/23/15
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
I had been treating my cats with Comfortis and then on to Cheristin for Cats for about 1-1/2 years beginning in late 2014. She began to exhibit symptoms of toxicity about 6 months after the switch...
Several years ago, I found this kit on Upco.com and decided to buy it. Since I took care of orphaned kittens for the local animal shelter, I figured that I better have some supplies on hand just...
Angie loves the Muse pate style canned cat food. The local feed store where I live had a buy 1 get 1 free offer, so I got a couple cans. Angie liked them so much (especially the Turkey and...
My cat Angie refused to eat Primal freeze dried cat food, no matter what I did to intice her. She prefers Stella & Chewy's chicken and salmon meal. It took longer for the nuggets to rehydrate...
My cat Angie and the two kittens that I am fostering right now love Fancy Feast Broths! They especially like one that has bits of tuna in a creamy sauce, but will also lap up the chicken one just...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 135/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 135/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 135/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 135/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 135/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 135/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 135/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1312/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 131/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 131/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 135/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!post #12 of 131/15/14 at 9:48ampost #13 of 132/21/16 at 2:43amHello from my lovely old female cat emelie.
I got her one year ago from an animal shelter, and she came with the very same near bold patches we all know so well. As surplus added a desire to scratch there with her hindpaws, sometimes till the skin was hurt. Also her chinhair was not so well.
At the vet I had fungus and skinparasites as reasons cleared with:no. Maybe food- or other allergies could be responsible...
Emelie is a not a very active cat. I feed her good quality canned food twice a day and a little dry food daily. The food amount is ca. 80gr canned food, less than 10gr dry food. She's 4.3kg, a little on the fatty side, says the vet, keeping her weight.
Since x-mas I started to add daily a little taurin to the canned food. I see a change now in febuary!! The hair grows back in finally. Maybe it is not normal after all. Now I search for the foodconditions of the comerades in red windows above the eyes.
Especially if your loved cats are indoorcats and older.
Kind and amount of food, amount of taurin per day consumed. Are there sucessful mouse hunting cats with the problem?
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › Skipper is crying for no obvious reason 3 minutes ago
- › My baby has crossed the bridge 11 minutes ago
- › Explain the head bonk 11 minutes ago
- › Persistent bloody eye discharge 17 minutes ago
- › The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016 21 minutes ago
- › Looking for Advice and/or Home for 2 Cats 23 minutes ago
- › The cat with the weird toes 31 minutes ago
- › What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? 34 minutes ago
- › This is one of my kittens... 39 minutes ago
- › Hi, I'm Jameskellyray 43 minutes ago
- › Cheristin For Cats by Jules10
- › PetAg Kitten Milk Replacer (KMR) Emergency Feeding Kit by Jessie Gray
- › Purina® Muse® Grain Free Natural Pate Wet Cat Food by Jessie Gray
- › Primal Pet Foods Freeze Dried Feline Chicken and Salmon Formula by Jessie Gray
- › Fancy Feast Broths - Various Flavors by Jessie Gray
- › 1-800-PetMeds.com by Jessie Gray
- › Chewy.com by Jessie Gray
- › Precious Cat Kitten Attract Kitten Training Litter by Jessie Gray
- › Purina Tidy Cats Pure Nature Cat Litter by Jessie Gray
- › Petmate Jackson Galaxy Motor Mouse with Catnip by wannahelp
- › How To Stop My Cat From Waking Me Up At Night?
- › Some things happen for a reason -...
- › The intriguing color pointed Sophie - Picture...
- › The Litterbox: What Every Cat Owner Needs To...
- › Let us guess your age by your preferences in...
- › The Beautiful Mittens - Picture Of The Week...
- › 15 Awesome Cat Caves That Are Practical,...
- › 52 Reasons Why Cats MUST Get Inside Boxes
- › Jack, the shaded golden Persian
- › Sweet Tortie and moving adoption story -...