- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Allergic Dermatitis Last post on 4/15/16 at 7:54am in Cat Health
- Bald ears in multi cat household - help! Last post on 3/15/16 at 9:55am in Cat Health
- Does anyone know what kind of a skin rash this is? Last post on 9/27/15 at 5:00pm in Cat Health
- Diet Related Chin Acne ??? ( Mei Li ) Last post on 10/18/15 at 6:21am in Cat Nutrition
- Itchy spot on neck? Last post on 10/1/15 at 7:25am in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats: How To Win The Fight
Last edited: 12/10/15
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 5/23/15
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 5/23/15
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
I have the unheated version of this bed, attached to the window in the bedroom. Kitties love to sleep on it at night and use it as a perch in the mornings to see what's happening in the outside...
This toy has been one pleasant surprise after the next. Both Paul and Chula love it and play with it daily. The random nature of the wand and the feathers work together to imitate prey trying to...
My cats really liked this toy when it first arrived but it turns out they do not like the covered style of the racetrack as much as they like the more open styles. They still bat the feather...
Both Paul and Chula love this feeder and use it all the time. I keep small amounts of kibble in it at night so they won't wake me up too early for breakfast and they enjoy fishing out the kibble...
I was looking for an electronic toy that would help work off some of Chulas's energy but had held off getting this one, or others in the same vein, because I'd read that they kept turning off when...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 135/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 135/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 135/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 135/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 135/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 135/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 135/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1312/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 131/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 131/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 135/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!post #12 of 131/15/14 at 9:48ampost #13 of 132/21/16 at 2:43amHello from my lovely old female cat emelie.
I got her one year ago from an animal shelter, and she came with the very same near bold patches we all know so well. As surplus added a desire to scratch there with her hindpaws, sometimes till the skin was hurt. Also her chinhair was not so well.
At the vet I had fungus and skinparasites as reasons cleared with:no. Maybe food- or other allergies could be responsible...
Emelie is a not a very active cat. I feed her good quality canned food twice a day and a little dry food daily. The food amount is ca. 80gr canned food, less than 10gr dry food. She's 4.3kg, a little on the fatty side, says the vet, keeping her weight.
Since x-mas I started to add daily a little taurin to the canned food. I see a change now in febuary!! The hair grows back in finally. Maybe it is not normal after all. Now I search for the foodconditions of the comerades in red windows above the eyes.
Especially if your loved cats are indoorcats and older.
Kind and amount of food, amount of taurin per day consumed. Are there sucessful mouse hunting cats with the problem?
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › Older Cat ( 22years old ish ) Bad Arthritis In Back End Now Legs... 1 minute ago
- › My fur babies 2 minutes ago
- › Here's Link...mixed asian cat? 3 minutes ago
- › Little Boy's Diet Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Can anyone tell me what breed my cat is? 7 minutes ago
- › Caring for Andy 7 minutes ago
- › Hello from Fl!! New kitty (and ??) 8 minutes ago
- › What should I do about their diet 9 minutes ago
- › Mix of long hair tabby and what else? 10 minutes ago
- › Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too! 24 minutes ago
- › K&H Thermo Heated Kitty Sill by betsygee
- › SmartyKat Loco! Motion Cat Toy Automated Activity Toy by Margd
- › KONG CA42 Eight Track Catnip Toy by Margd
- › Catit Design Senses Treat Maze by Margd
- › SmartyKat Hot Pursuit Cat Toy Concealed Motion Toy by Margd
- › Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy by Ginny
- › Fancy Feast Broths - Various Flavors by catluvr321
- › Life Essentials Freeze Dried Chicken Cat Treat Size: 5 Oz by MrsTY
- › Petlinks System Twinkle Chute Cat Tunnel by raysmyheart
- › PureBites Cat Treats by Jackson76
- › When to spay or neuter a cat?
- › Mars
- › Stunning Close-Up Of A Cat's Eyes -...
- › Hello,here is Mr.White
- › Can cats have Down Syndrome?
- › Inspurrational Quote: Happiness never...
- › Quiz: If your cat had a job what would it be?
- › Adorable Balinese Kitten - Picture Of The...
- › 18 Hilarious Cat Photobombs (And One Dog...
- › How Old Do Kittens Have To Be To Leave Their...