- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Cat acute skin problem? Any advice or thoughts? Last post on 2/6/15 at 9:32pm in Cat Health
- Possible rodent ulcer Last post on 1/3/15 at 9:00am in Cat Health
- Hair loss on legs Last post on 12/23/14 at 10:22am in Cat Health
- Treating cat mange...the impossible battle Last post on 12/4/14 at 9:03am in Cat Health
- My cat has grown mysterious red scab on her skin Last post on 11/26/14 at 5:39pm in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats
Last edited: 9/22/14
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 6/5/14
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 4/23/14
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
This is the one wet food I can be sure my cats will eat every time . I would rather not feed it but it is important for them to eat some wet food and this they truly love ..
My cats love these beds as you can see. ..
Used for 3 months last summer into fall. Cat stil had flea eggs all over him. Vet tech agreed she had heard Frontline was not very effective at all. Hope product gets tweaked so it works again!
I have only given these once or twice so not sure if there is any advantage in feeding them yet but the cats really enjoy them . They like to play with them for a couple minutes before eating them...
My cats love this one . I doubt that it actually cleans teeth but my cats do chew it and it is easily digested ..
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 125/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 125/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 125/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 125/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 125/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1212/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 121/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 121/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 125/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › Cat Island. 1 minute ago
- › Cubby Warming His Buns on The Oven 9 minutes ago
- › New to Board 11 minutes ago
- › do we potty train our kitties? 37 minutes ago
- › What's for dinner? - 2015 48 minutes ago
- › Help w/Cat!! 1 hour ago
- › Cat poop in a litterbox.. How to? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Doctors appointment 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Acute straining in the litter box- Advice? 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › help!!! Not sure if I should purchase this ragdoll x Bengal kitten... 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys for Cats by 2Cats4Me
- › Petmate Rectangular Pet Lounger by 2Cats4Me
- › Merial Frontline Plus Flea and Tick Control for Cats and Kittens by misterwhiskers
- › C.E.T. Enzymatic Oral Hygiene Chews for Cats - Various Flavors by 2Cats4Me
- › Royal Canin Dry Cat Food, Oral Sensitive 30 Formula by 2Cats4Me
- › Royal Canin Dry Cat Food, Special 33 Formula by 2Cats4Me
- › Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain by 2Cats4Me
- › Chase Cat Food - All Life Stages Formula Size: 11 lbs by 2Cats4Me
- › Nightmist Abyssinians and Somalis - Sooke Canada by Twizzler
- › Sentry Good Behavior Pheromone Collar for Cats by roguethecat
- › New Cat Checklist: What You Need to Get...
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1509 and...
- › Cat Picture of the Week - Makena!
- › Sashimi - Scottish Straight fawn male
- › Kika - Scottish Straight blue female
- › Sushi - Scottish Straight male
- › Site News & Cat Picture of the Week #1507
- › Julius Caesar the Maine Coon
- › Grady's Page
- › The Ultimate - Yet Simplified - Guide to...