- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Skin Conditions in Cats
Last edited: 6/5/14
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 4/23/14
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
There is actually a variety of hearts, all equally loved by the 5 test subjects: chicken, turkey, duck. They are what gives me peace of mind that Grisou gets his share of taurine when he's in one...
I also have the PP big max stainless fountain but this one is just for the cats. They decided that they no longer want to share the dog's fountain so I keep this one elevated with their food dishes...
After spending 600.00 on vet bills i finally figured out what was different, ARM AND HAMMER CLUMP AND SEAL LITTER. I cleaned out litter box well and used my old litter.Took about 10 days but my cat...
I bought this as thought it would be a kinder brush for regular removal of constant molting undercoat, and that maybe the brush would help lift off some guard hairs. The wire bristles were kinder...
This brush uses a flat bed of tightly packed metal bristles to catch hairs and pull to remove them from the coat - rather like carding natural wool. The bristles are quite sharp and will be...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 125/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 125/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 125/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 125/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 125/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1212/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 121/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 121/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 125/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- How to Treat Fleas in Young Kittens
- › 5 Days to Live 4 minutes ago
- › Scratch has cancer. 6 minutes ago
- › Feral cat body language, help! 10 minutes ago
- › Monday's Question of the Day - September 22, 2014 11 minutes ago
- › Question Of The Day. Saturday September 20th. 12 minutes ago
- › Poor Kitty - Russian Salon Turns Cats into Dragons 22 minutes ago
- › The Gardening 2014 Thread - I just spent 2 hours in a garden center. 33 minutes ago
- › Subdued cat, don't know why 45 minutes ago
- › Blue Buffalo indoor health - has your cats had issues? 47 minutes ago
- › Can cats sleep with their eyes open?! 49 minutes ago
- › Fresh Is Best Freeze-Dried Raw Whole Duck Heart Treats by roguethecat
- › Pioneer Pet 6022 Ceramic Drinking Fountain, Raindrop Design by Kat0121
- › Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal Clumping Litter by sam1
- › Miracle Coat Double Sided Cat Brush by MServant
- › Ultimate Touch Slicker Brush (Small) by MServant
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by sivyaleah
- › Pioneer Fountain Big Max- Stainless Steel by AngelsMom1988
- › Forgotten Cats - Greenville, DE by Ondine
- › Fancy Feast Classic Gourmet Cat Food by wsscgirl
- › Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain by Caralian