- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Hair Loss and Other Symptoms in Both Cats Last post on 11/21/14 at 1:19pm in Cat Health
- has anyone ever seen this Last post on 11/21/14 at 10:48pm in Cat Health
- Weird Face and Dewclaw Injury Last post on 11/21/14 at 10:30am in Cat Health
- What is this skin problem near my kitten's mouth and nose? Any ideas? Last post on 11/19/14 at 4:34pm in Cat Health
- skin issues of unknown cause Last post on 11/22/14 at 3:37pm in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats
Last edited: 9/22/14
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 6/5/14
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 4/23/14
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
The main idea of the Sleepypod is to keep the dome off at home so that your cat can use it as a pet bed and fill it with its "scent". Therefore when it's used for travel the cat will be be...
I ordered a good selection from Hare Today. Rabbit, Chicken, Turkey and Pork fine ground with organs and bone. All I do is measure and add nutrients . I use Alnutrin which HT also sells. I also...
This is probably an Australian item - I bought it as I've been desperate to find a brush that will help to eradicate hair balls. I've used a furminator, but the fur goes everywhere, and I have a...
I used this litter for years with my last cat, and would use it to this day if it were my own choice. Unfortunately, not all cats recognize pine litter as a 'proper litter' lol. The litter smells...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 125/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 125/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 125/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 125/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 125/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1212/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 121/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 121/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 125/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › My major birthday: 3 minutes ago
- › Sudden death from HCM 6 minutes ago
- › Raccoon has taken over one of my shelters 6 minutes ago
- › The Change a Letter game - 5 letter words 11 minutes ago
- › The Lynx lynx came to visit 29 minutes ago
- › Hi I just got 2 new kittens yesterday 31 minutes ago
- › please specify my cat type... 32 minutes ago
- › Appox 9 week old kitten with rectal prolapse, saw the vet today. 35 minutes ago
- › Odd white-foamy throwup daily 39 minutes ago
- › orphan kitten health question 50 minutes ago
- › Sleepypod Mobile Pet Bed by EmilyAnn
- › Hare Today Raw Pet Food by Maureen Bradley
- › Shear Magic Ezi Clean Slicker Dog Brush by Mani
- › Feline Fresh Cat Litter by Matts mom
- › Toys R Us Tunnel Pop Up Cat Toy by Snufkin
- › Meow Mix Tender Centers Salmon and Chicken, 13.5-Pound by RoseTheWerecat
- › PureBites Cat Treats by pushylady
- › KONG Active Feather Teaser Catnip Toy by wannahelp
- › MewCorp Carpeted Cat Wall Shelves by mickNsnicks2mom
- › Taste of the Wild Dry Cat Food, Rocky Mountain Feline Formula by michi082704