- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Mystery bald spot with a hole on my cat's back!! please help!! Last post on Yesterday at 10:55 am in Cat Health
- Bald spots? Last post on 4/18/15 at 8:23am in Cat Health
- Drooling Last post on 3/30/15 at 3:57pm in Cat Health
- My cat's wound will not heal - warning - graphic photos Last post on 4/1/15 at 5:38pm in Cat Health
- Bare Spots in Fur Last post on 4/16/15 at 9:51pm in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats
Last edited: 9/22/14
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 6/5/14
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 4/23/14
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
This is my all-time favorite carrier! The two doors make it so easy to get kitty in and out of the carrier. Unfortunately, this is no longer made by the manufacturer.
So this brush was well accepted by my girl as well! I like that it is plastic instead of the metal because she doesn't like the metal slickers. She was purring while I used this one on her and it...
I've been using zooplus for almost a year now. I get the majority of my cat and dog food from them, but have also bought cat trees and scratchers, toys, and a litter tray. They have the best...
My cat loves this carrier! She purrs contently when in the car, and no crying or trying to escape. I bought the heater pad, placed it in the bottom of the carrier, and she loves it, warm and cosy...
This worked great for about 5 months max then it stopped working . I threw away all the warranty info and original box. My cats are picky about boxes and they did use it. Was great for weekends...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 125/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 125/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 125/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 125/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 125/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1212/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 121/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 121/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 125/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › Post pictures of your precious Blue / Gray / Maltese cats here! 12 seconds ago
- › There's a couple new, dogs? in town :) 2 minutes ago
- › Debating trying raw feeding...not sure where to start 2 minutes ago
- › How often do you take your cat with IBD to the vet? 3 minutes ago
- › What do you wish you could train your cat to do? 4 minutes ago
- › What's the last thing you ate - 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Need a favor, please 7 minutes ago
- › Vet kills a cat with a bow and arrow 8 minutes ago
- › transitioning to raw 14 minutes ago
- › help with raw/homemade for dogs? 16 minutes ago
- › Petmate two door deluxe carrier by stephanietx
- › Hartz Groomer's Best Fur Fetcher for Cats by PadfootandMoony
- › ZooPlus.com by Columbine
- › Sleepypod Air In-Cabin Pet Carrier by cicoccabim
- › PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box by Kitty kisser
- › Clevercat Top Entry Litterbox by Kitty kisser
- › Littermaid LM980 Mega Self-Cleaning Litter Box by FelineMinion
- › Natures Menu Cat Treats - Various Flavors by Columbine
- › Thrive Pet Foods Thrive Complete by Columbine
- › Natures Menu - Cat Food Pouches by Columbine
- › Oscar, the beautiful,( vocal ) Burmese
- › Seeing Double - Cat Picture of the Week #1517
- › Kitten Development Stages - Illustrated Guide
- › PussPuss In Her White Boots
- › Meet Blue-Eyed Robin - Picture of the Week #1516
- › Can someone tell me about how old this kitten...
- › Ten Essential Tips For Happy Living With A...
- › White, Blue & Green - Picture of the Week...
- › Ellie and Olly
- › Little Joanne and Joan - a loving story of...