- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Possible rodent ulcer Last post on 1/3/15 at 9:00am in Cat Health
- Hair loss on legs Last post on 12/23/14 at 10:22am in Cat Health
- Treating cat mange...the impossible battle Last post on 12/4/14 at 9:03am in Cat Health
- My cat has grown mysterious red scab on her skin Last post on 11/26/14 at 5:39pm in Cat Health
- overgrooming Last post on 11/24/14 at 10:01am in Care & Grooming
Ringworm in Cats
Last edited: 9/22/14
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 6/5/14
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 4/23/14
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
Kismet loves this toy. I put it away when I'm not around because I've read reviews of cats getting tangled in the wire, and it's not one that they can tear through so I'm afraid they could cut off...
Olymstore's Washable Soft Pet Mat-Bed is a very wonderful thing for my senior cat. i bought this mat-bed for my girl for a christmas gift, because she's a senior and has arthritis -- and i try to...
The Cat Dancer Cat Charmer Cat Wand Toy is a simple yet great toy. soft plush and brightly colored fabric is securely attached to the wand. my senior cat absolutely loves this Cat Charmer Wand...
Ethical Thin Colorful Springs Cat Toys are lightweight plastic coils. these are the thin springs, not as wide as the regular springs. these spring cat toys are very much enjoyed by my two cats. the...
I've got one kitty that goes nuts over this toy. We play "fetch" with it sometimes, where I'll toss it across the room and she'll run after it and retrieve it back to me. Sometimes she'll even bat...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 125/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 125/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 125/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 125/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 125/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1212/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 121/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 121/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 125/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › Is my cat a Bengal mix? 14 minutes ago
- › New Fun Quiz! How well do you know your cat's litterbox? 30 minutes ago
- › Superbowl Sunday! 35 minutes ago
- › Name three things - 2015 37 minutes ago
- › The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015 38 minutes ago
- › Camie and Mimi 40 minutes ago
- › The Weight Loss Support Thread - 2015 43 minutes ago
- › What's for dinner? - 2015 46 minutes ago
- › What breed do you think my cat is? 47 minutes ago
- › Is it any wonder why..... 49 minutes ago
- › Ware Natural Wood Twist-N-Play Wand Cat Toy by pinkdagger
- › Olymstore(TM) Washable Soft Durable Warmer Silk Wadding Pet Mat Bed... by mickNsnicks2mom
- › Cat Dancer 301 Cat Charmer Interactive Cat WandToy by mickNsnicks2mom
- › Ethical Thin Colorful Springs Cat Toy, 10-Pack by mickNsnicks2mom
- › Colorful Springs Wide 10pk by EmandJee
- › Nature's Variety Canned Cat Food, Instinct Formula by EmandJee
- › TIKI Cat Canned Food for Cats - Various Flavors by EmandJee
- › Nutro Natural Choice Minced Chicken Formula Canned Adult Cat Food by bonepicker
- › Merrick Before Grain #2 Salmon PatÃ© Style Cat Food by bonepicker
- › Nature's Variety Pride by Instinct Rockstar's Rabbit... by bonepicker
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1504 -Group Portrait
- › Hwo Princess turned me turn me into a cat...
- › New Quiz! How Well Do You Know the Litterbox?
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1503 - The Beautiful...
- › Tiger and Whiskers
- › How Angel Adopted Me. (Our story). :)
- › Help! My Cat Is Lost!
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1502!
- › Vladimir (hairless sphynx cat)
- › How to Talk to Your Vet