- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Allergic Dermatitis Last post on 4/15/16 at 7:54am in Cat Health
- Bald ears in multi cat household - help! Last post on 3/15/16 at 9:55am in Cat Health
- Does anyone know what kind of a skin rash this is? Last post on 9/27/15 at 5:00pm in Cat Health
- Diet Related Chin Acne ??? ( Mei Li ) Last post on 10/18/15 at 6:21am in Cat Nutrition
- Itchy spot on neck? Last post on 10/1/15 at 7:25am in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats: How To Win The Fight
Last edited: 12/10/15
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 5/23/15
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 5/23/15
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
I received the book, I Could Pee on This, as a gift from my best friend. As soon as I saw that the sequel, I Could Pee on This, Too, was in print, I had to buy it. My spouse and I read the new...
Great results for my 2 month old Turkish Van Kitten!!
Impressed with catching power Still find myself wanting a mat 10xs bigger. Am I the only one?
Vomit poop Urine oh my Works as pre wash no smell after washing or stain. Not effective on carpet. Find something else.
Long story short bought 4. I use 2 and 1 is upstairs for my newest child. Bags DO last! No odor helps me frequently scopp. Bags are affordable however I did trick out the cartridge to fit a...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 155/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 155/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 155/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 155/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 155/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 155/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 155/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1512/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 151/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 151/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 155/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!post #12 of 151/15/14 at 9:48ampost #13 of 152/21/16 at 2:43amHello from my lovely old female cat emelie.
I got her one year ago from an animal shelter, and she came with the very same near bold patches we all know so well. As surplus added a desire to scratch there with her hindpaws, sometimes till the skin was hurt. Also her chinhair was not so well.
At the vet I had fungus and skinparasites as reasons cleared with:no. Maybe food- or other allergies could be responsible...
Emelie is a not a very active cat. I feed her good quality canned food twice a day and a little dry food daily. The food amount is ca. 80gr canned food, less than 10gr dry food. She's 4.3kg, a little on the fatty side, says the vet, keeping her weight.
Since x-mas I started to add daily a little taurin to the canned food. I see a change now in febuary!! The hair grows back in finally. Maybe it is not normal after all. Now I search for the foodconditions of the comerades in red windows above the eyes.
Especially if your loved cats are indoorcats and older.
Kind and amount of food, amount of taurin per day consumed. Are there sucessful mouse hunting cats with the problem?post #14 of 1510/18/16 at 3:52pm
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › Nutro Perfect Portions 1 minute ago
- › L-Lysine questions please..... 2 minutes ago
- › What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? 2 minutes ago
- › Plz help! Kitten suddenly weak, not moving, moaning when moved... 3 minutes ago
- › The Movie Title Game - Scattergories version 13 minutes ago
- › Greetings! 18 minutes ago
- › Name three things - 2016 20 minutes ago
- › Question of the Day, Wednesday, 26, 2016 22 minutes ago
- › What should you be doing instead of being on TCS? 23 minutes ago
- › Curious if anyone can identify the breed of cat I have? 30 minutes ago
- › I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats by AngelsMom1988
- › Andis 60105 12-Piece Easy Clip Grooming Kit by Shamen
- › Petmate Litter Catcher Mat by Kittylove14
- › Nature's Miracle Stain and Odor Remover by Kittylove14
- › Litter Genie Plus Cat Litter Disposal System with Odor Free Pail... by Kittylove14
- › Petmate Two Door Top Load Pet Kennel by Kittylove14
- › The Cat Who Loved Christmas by MrsTY
- › The World According to Bob: The Further Adventures of One Man and... by rubythecat
- › Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by MrsTY
- › Precious Cat Respiratory Releif Clay Premium all Natual Cat Litter... by msserena
- › Quiz: What do you know about feral cats?
- › Everett the interloper - Picture Of The Week...
- › Talia is Savage
- › How to deal with Cat "Love Bites"?
- › What a character indeed! Picture Of The Week...
- › A feral cat or a stray cat? How to tell the...
- › 7 Inspurrational Quotes for Proud Lovers of...
- › My Adventures in Fostering.
- › Elevated liver enzymes in cats - Should you...
- › Sweet Shay - Picture Of The Week #1588