- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Treating cat mange...the impossible battle Last post on 12/4/14 at 9:03am in Cat Health
- My cat has grown mysterious red scab on her skin Last post on 11/26/14 at 5:39pm in Cat Health
- overgrooming Last post on 11/24/14 at 10:01am in Care & Grooming
- Hair Loss and Other Symptoms in Both Cats Last post on 11/21/14 at 1:19pm in Cat Health
- has anyone ever seen this Last post on 11/21/14 at 10:48pm in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats
Last edited: 9/22/14
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 6/5/14
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 4/23/14
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
Our older cat has longer fur and has problems passing all the fur he ends up grooming off himself, so getting an affordable and good brush ASAP was a priority. Our old brush wasn't nearly as...
I gave this 5 stars because these diffusers have always worked for us on numerous occasions. I tend to use them when I foresee an upcoming stressful event for the cats such as: out of town...
After trying multiple differing brands of litter boxes, I found my cats love these boxes and these are the only boxes I have at home. They are the biggest open boxes I could find, yet easy and...
Da Bird is one of the the favorite toys in my home, with my own cats and my fosters. I rarely have a cat not show interest in it. Typically they're chasing it all over the house. When my...
I bought a few cans of the pate formulas and my cats actually like it . They are so picky so I was surprised .. I think Beyond is a decent food .
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 125/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 125/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 125/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 125/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 125/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1212/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 121/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 121/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 125/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › Feline idiopathic ulcerative dermatitis 27 seconds ago
- › Potential for ringworm transmission - is it worth the risk? 4 minutes ago
- › Quick suggestion for commercial raw 18 minutes ago
- › How to know if the dry cat food is not spoiled? 18 minutes ago
- › I have to take this matter into my own hands. . . please advise 24 minutes ago
- › Theodore has taken a turn for the worst, advice please? 26 minutes ago
- › Cat carrier recommendations? 27 minutes ago
- › Something going around? 29 minutes ago
- › Giving to charity in the stores 29 minutes ago
- › Antidote to Vaccinations 34 minutes ago
- › JW Pet Company GripSoft Cat Slicker Brush by pinkdagger
- › Feliway Plug-In Diffuser with Refill by Feralvr
- › So Phresh High Back Open Litter Box by Feralvr
- › Da Bird Cat Toy by ReiKitty
- › Purina Beyond Grain Free Canned Cat Food - Various Flavors by 2Cats4Me
- › Litter Genie Plus Cat Litter Disposal System with Odor Free Pail... by Snuffy's Mom
- › Petmate Two Door Top Load Pet Kennel by Deimos
- › Fancy Feast Classic Gourmet Cat Food by 2Cats4Me
- › Wysong Epigen 90 Dog and Cat Food Bag by 2Cats4Me
- › Young Again Zero Carbs dry cat food by 2Cats4Me