- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Allergic Dermatitis Last post on 4/15/16 at 7:54am in Cat Health
- Bald ears in multi cat household - help! Last post on 3/15/16 at 9:55am in Cat Health
- Does anyone know what kind of a skin rash this is? Last post on 11/7/16 at 12:12pm in Cat Health
- Diet Related Chin Acne ??? ( Mei Li ) Last post on 10/18/15 at 6:21am in Cat Nutrition
- Itchy spot on neck? Last post on 10/1/15 at 7:25am in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats: How To Win The Fight
Last edited: 12/10/15
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 5/23/15
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 5/23/15
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
I adopted my cat about five weeks ago, and she didn't seem really into toys. The only one she played with a lot was one of the dangling Kong toys I got her, and she ended up chewing through the...
This was another one on my list to try, my bed is in the same room as the litter box & I've had breathing issues in the past so when it comes to litter, I don't like dust. When the cats use this,...
This is one of the best wand toys on the market. Indy and Kabby both love it and it holds up against their teeth and claws. Kabby is a very strong cat and it holds up to his tug of war games. Have...
They are a neat little thrown toy that attracts cats with feathers and catnip. you toss the toy and the cat chases them and plays. it is a pretty good toy, and worth it, if you want soemthign a...
I have nothing really bad to say about this toy, except that my cat just never liked it very much, despite my efforts (I also tried their catnip stuffed fish,and had similar results) , preferring...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 155/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 155/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 155/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 155/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 155/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 155/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 155/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1512/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 151/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 151/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 155/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!post #12 of 151/15/14 at 9:48ampost #13 of 152/21/16 at 2:43amHello from my lovely old female cat emelie.
I got her one year ago from an animal shelter, and she came with the very same near bold patches we all know so well. As surplus added a desire to scratch there with her hindpaws, sometimes till the skin was hurt. Also her chinhair was not so well.
At the vet I had fungus and skinparasites as reasons cleared with:no. Maybe food- or other allergies could be responsible...
Emelie is a not a very active cat. I feed her good quality canned food twice a day and a little dry food daily. The food amount is ca. 80gr canned food, less than 10gr dry food. She's 4.3kg, a little on the fatty side, says the vet, keeping her weight.
Since x-mas I started to add daily a little taurin to the canned food. I see a change now in febuary!! The hair grows back in finally. Maybe it is not normal after all. Now I search for the foodconditions of the comerades in red windows above the eyes.
Especially if your loved cats are indoorcats and older.
Kind and amount of food, amount of taurin per day consumed. Are there sucessful mouse hunting cats with the problem?post #14 of 1510/18/16 at 3:52pm
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › New kittens are lost!! 4 minutes ago
- › Tar Baby reappears 11 minutes ago
- › Please help 27 minutes ago
- › PU surgery/ still hasn't peed 27 minutes ago
- › HELP!! 36 minutes ago
- › Game - Do you own a ...? 59 minutes ago
- › Which cat am I? 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › How far along could my cat be? 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Licking behaviour 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Game - Answer the last question and ask the next 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Cat Charmer by permanentruby
- › Scoop Away Multi-Cat by msserena
- › Endless Possibilities Boinks Bamboozler by IndyJones
- › KONG Naturals Crinkle Ball with Feathers Cat Toy by Sargon
- › Cosmic 100-Percent Catnip Filled Chili Pepper by Sargon
- › Cosmic 100-Percent Catnip Filled Fish by Sargon
- › KONG Cat Cozie Kickeroo Assorted Catnip Toys by Sargon
- › KONG Cat Hugga Wubba Teaser Cat Toy (Colors Vary) by Sargon
- › Petstages Catnip Plaque-Away Pretzel Cat Chews by Sargon
- › SmartCat Peek-a-Prize Pet Toy Box by Sargon
- › Missy's Whiskers - Picture Of the Week...
- › The Cat Cone: A Complete Owner's Guide
- › Bernie, my FIV+ Bundle of Joy
- › Fluffy Grey Greyisha
- › Percy, Lost in Thought - Picture of the Week...
- › 21 Photos of Shoe-Obsessed Cats That Will...
- › Marco needs a forever home - Picture of the...
- › How to make your home BIGGER (at least for...
- › A Blue-eyed Girl - Picture of the Week #1605
- › Timmy!