- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Skin Conditions in Cats
Last edited: 6/5/14
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 4/23/14
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
This is the 'blurb': Grain-Free & Biologically Appropriate™ Treats specifically for Adult Cats using quality ingredients sourced from local 'Aussie' farms. 65% Chicken and Duck meat, 35%...
I've been using WBCL for about three years. I like it, but I wouldn't rave about it. Yes, it is expensive and it leaves my laundry room covered in contaminated dust (watch the dust fly the next...
I have written several World's Best Reviews.....and really liked all the various WB types. Recently, one of my cats has gone thru a health problem, with diarrhea, etc., then was recently...
My 19yr old cat Rebecca has been given this stuff since I can remember. She has her own dish for it and everything. The age old argument goes that regular milk is bad for cats since they can't...
This mat has now been in use for three weeks, and I've never had so little litter to sweep up from the area around the (covered) litter box. The mat consists of two layers, a perforated upper layer...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 125/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 125/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 125/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 125/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 125/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1212/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 121/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 121/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 125/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- How to Treat Fleas in Young Kittens
- › IS 1 KITTEN IN FIRST LITTER NORMAL? 17 minutes ago
- › Treats!! Do you treat or not? 18 minutes ago
- › Will a Finicky Cat Starve Itself? 23 minutes ago
- › Friend of Ferals Award Badge - Apply Here 24 minutes ago
- › Calling all Lurkers and Un-registered Visitors - We have cash to... 26 minutes ago
- › weruva or tiki cat 33 minutes ago
- › What's something cool that you made for your cat instead of buying it? 35 minutes ago
- › My spoiled princess, Morgan La Fay 42 minutes ago
- › How to bring in a Stray/Feral cat? 43 minutes ago
- › Pouch in un-neutered kitten - Is this normal? 44 minutes ago
- › Mighty Raw Chicken & Duck Treats by Mani
- › World's Best Cat Litter, Clumping/Multi Cat by PHarber-Murphy
- › World's Best Cat Litter Advanced Natural High Performance... by Therese
- › Whiskas Catmilk Drink for Cats & Kittens by thesighrye
- › Blackhole Cat Litter Mat - Super Size Rectangular 30" X... by jcat
- › Petoodles Cat Harness by Mani
- › Kitty Can’t Cope Sack by thesighrye
- › Petmate Two Door Top Load Pet Kennel by EmandJee
- › Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter by EmandJee
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by EmandJee
- › Meet King - by Ysabella
- › Idk how far along my cat is. Can anyone help?
- › Cat Picture of the Week #6
- › Your Cat’s Kidneys Called
- › Rescuing Purebred Cats: Interview with...
- › Site News and Our Cat Picture of the Week #5
- › Carley
- › Seven Rare Cat Breeds You May Not Know
- › Meow, my name is Cleo <3
- › kitcat