- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Bare Spots in Fur Last post on 3/14/15 at 11:11pm in Cat Health
- Cat acute skin problem? Any advice or thoughts? Last post on 2/6/15 at 9:32pm in Cat Health
- Possible rodent ulcer Last post on 1/3/15 at 9:00am in Cat Health
- Hair loss on legs Last post on 12/23/14 at 10:22am in Cat Health
- Treating cat mange...the impossible battle Last post on 12/4/14 at 9:03am in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats
Last edited: 9/22/14
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 6/5/14
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 4/23/14
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
We bought one of these when we had several cats wandering the house. It's a big house with mostly tile and hardwood floors and the Roomba really helps keep the cat hair and dirt picked up. I'm...
These pockets have been a lifesaver for me. My cat is impossible to pill, and now because of an enlarged heart must take lasix daily. Plus I didn't want to stress him out every day pilling him. I...
I don't know if this was a bad batch or if they're all like this, but when I opened the wet food, the outside of the food was 1 color & the inside food was another color. I thought it was odd, but...
I wouldn't suggest the large trees-houses.look for heavy, firm stable tree-houses and nothing over 5 ft. I love my cat's they get the best!
Everyone needs to know I been using soulistic for 4years now I found it was the only wet food my cats love eating they eat a can in the morning one at night. It was morning March 19,2015 as always...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 125/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 125/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 125/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 125/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 125/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1212/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 121/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 121/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 125/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › New parent of a feral kitten, need help! Bloody stool, & gen info... 1 minute ago
- › Meet my fer babies and show me yours! 3 minutes ago
- › Show me your "stink eyed" cat pictures!! 3 minutes ago
- › eCollar 4 minutes ago
- › Lil Stray needs a lil advice <3 5 minutes ago
- › Zyrtec for Cats 6 minutes ago
- › Cute and Adorable Feral/Stray Cat Pic Page! 7 minutes ago
- › The Weight Loss Support Thread - 2015 11 minutes ago
- › Diabetic cat not eating/Ate some seedlings 13 minutes ago
- › PiPi and other cats :-) 15 minutes ago
- › iRobot Roomba 630 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for Pets by betsygee
- › Greenies Pill Pockets for Cats by Di and Bob
- › RACHAEL RAY NUTRISH Natural Wet Food for Cats - Several Flavors by rlavach
- › Armarkat Cat Tree Model B7701 by ladyz
- › Soulistic Adult Canned Cat Food in Gravy - Various Flavors by Bambicastro
- › Vetri-Lysine Plus for Cats by VetriScience by 2Cats4Me
- › NOW Foods Lysine Powder by 2Cats4Me
- › Advantage II Flea Control for Cats by 2Cats4Me
- › Friskies Savory Shreds Cat Food by 2Cats4Me
- › The Honest Kitchen Prowl Cat Food by 2Cats4Me
- › Sweet Schmidt - Picture of the Week #1513
- › We're All Cat Ears! Special Video!
- › Picture of the Week #1512
- › Site News: Share Your Opinions
- › Black is Beautiful - Picture of the Week #1511
- › Picture of the Week #1510
- › New Cat Checklist: What You Need to Get...
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1509 and...
- › Cat Picture of the Week - Makena!
- › Sashimi - Scottish Straight fawn male