- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Severe hair loss 8 week old kitten Last post on 6/21/15 at 11:05am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Mystery bald spot with a hole on my cat's back!! please help!! Last post on 4/29/15 at 6:11am in Cat Health
- Bald spots? Last post on 4/18/15 at 8:23am in Cat Health
- Drooling Last post on 3/30/15 at 3:57pm in Cat Health
- My cat's wound will not heal - warning - graphic photos Last post on 4/1/15 at 5:38pm in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats
Last edited: 9/22/14
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 5/23/15
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 5/23/15
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
I purchased a male Jag Cat from Nora one year ago. His name is Zuri and he joined 2 Savannah Cats and 1 German Shepherd as a Therapy Pet for Residents of an Assisted Living Home who have been...
I bought this product for my 21 year-old cat Muffin in hopes of encouraging her to drink more water (she had CRF and the vet told me to make sure she drank plenty of water daily). I was a little...
I bought this toy for my 21 year-old cat to keep her entertained and she absolutely LOVED it! the feather attachment spins in the air, making a sound that simulates a bird flapping its wings, which...
My girl Lucie loves, loves these little snacks. Surfer's Delite is voted best in her standards and her standards are high. All I have to do is shake the bag and that at will run toward you. She...
Granted, I got some samples of the food through an awesome contest here on The Cat Site, I can't judge on the pricing. It seems expensive on Amazon. My normally picky cat ate this food without...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 125/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 125/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 125/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 125/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 125/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1212/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 121/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 121/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 125/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › Treating kittens with Advantage Multi? 56 seconds ago
- › Does my cat play too hard? 1 minute ago
- › Elder Abuse. Opinions? 11 minutes ago
- › My cat is pregnant and I'm not sure how far along she is. 12 minutes ago
- › Crimmie update 18 minutes ago
- › Question of the Day - Tuesday, July 7 21 minutes ago
- › introducing cats 21 minutes ago
- › new kitten introduction leading to wrestling. help? 23 minutes ago
- › Started with crystals, now I am not sure. 26 minutes ago
- › The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015 29 minutes ago
- › Mokave Cats - Jacksonville, FL by Micbeth
- › CatSure® Liquid Meal Replacement for Senior Cats by mrsjcross87
- › Da Bird Cat Toy by mrsjcross87
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by LuciBell
- › Spring Naturals Grain Free Canned Cat Food - Various Flavors by Draco
- › Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food by MagiksGirl
- › Pleasant Pond Bengals - Ridge, NY by kaybee3
- › Precious Cat Respiratory Releif Clay Premium all Natual Cat Litter... by Bonitababy
- › Nulo FreeStyle Grain Free Canned Cat Food - Various Recipes/Flavors by Faeleen
- › The First Years American Red Cross Soothing Baby Scale by Bonitababy
- › The Cat Galleries - A Friendly User Guide
- › Without Blinking An Eye - Picture Of The Week...
- › I Need good name for 3 kittens help
- › Community Guidelines & Practices -...
- › Apat the Escape Artist
- › Little Miss Kitten, LMK
- › Mazy's cat page
- › Golden Eyes - Picture of the Week #1526
- › All About Purraise
- › Bucky the adorable kitten