- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Does anyone know what kind of a skin rash this is? Last post on 9/27/15 at 5:00pm in Cat Health
- Diet Related Chin Acne ??? ( Mei Li ) Last post on 10/18/15 at 6:21am in Cat Nutrition
- Itchy spot on neck? Last post on 10/1/15 at 7:25am in Cat Health
- Huge Bald Spot on Neck Last post on 7/26/15 at 11:00am in Cat Health
- Sore on cats chin Last post on 7/24/15 at 12:08pm in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats: How To Win The Fight
Last edited: 12/10/15
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 5/23/15
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 5/23/15
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
When we first got our kitten, he was so skinny, and wouldn't touch any of the food we had for him, so we had to buy him new food, we tried Whiskas, which he inhaled, but it wasn't good quality, so...
All 3 of my cats like this, price good on Chewy.com
My cats eat good Kharma shreds but I had to add a pate of another brand as the prefer pate. Now I dont.
I bought this to replace an old scratcher. I'm sure this one will last a lot longer than the ones I've bought from pet stores. It's sturdy, and has a heavy base that the cats will have a tough...
This is the only "pate" that my kitties will eat! I was able to snag it on a GREAT sale for $0.50 for one of the bigger tins that are typically around a dollar or so per tin. However I've never...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 125/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 125/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 125/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 125/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 125/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1212/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 121/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 121/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 125/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016. 25 seconds ago
- › The Weight Loss Support Group - 2016 2 minutes ago
- › Why cat owners refuse to spay-neuter their cats 4 minutes ago
- › SO Totally Not About Cats! Lets Talk Diamonds! 4 minutes ago
- › My cat is about to have her babies and I need help 9 minutes ago
- › Cat Food for a potential allergy kitty? 10 minutes ago
- › Crazy Cat Conundrum 12 minutes ago
- › Possible Oral Cancer :-( 13 minutes ago
- › The kitchen 14 minutes ago
- › My cat just had kittens...IN MY BED! Can I move them? 15 minutes ago
- › Blue Buffalo Wilderness Grain Free Canned Cat Food by Mainecoonmama12
- › Red Barn Naturals Wet Cat Food by bonepicker
- › Soulistic Adult Canned Cat Food in Gelee - Various Flavors by bonepicker
- › Verti Scratch by Art Motion and Sound by betsygee
- › Newman's Own Organics Canned Cat Food by Ninakins
- › Sunlite 51003-SU AAA Tactical Flash Light with Red Laser, Water... by Margd
- › Chewy.com by Donutte
- › Fresh Step Scoopable Cat Litter, Dual Action Crystals by Plan
- › Neko Flies - Kragonfly with Rod - Interchangeable Toy by Plan
- › Kitty Boinks 10-Pack Pet Toy by Plan