- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Allergic Dermatitis Last post on 4/15/16 at 7:54am in Cat Health
- Bald ears in multi cat household - help! Last post on 3/20/17 at 9:37am in Cat Health
- Does anyone know what kind of a skin rash this is? Last post on 11/7/16 at 12:12pm in Cat Health
- Diet Related Chin Acne ??? ( Mei Li ) Last post on 10/18/15 at 6:21am in Cat Nutrition
- Itchy spot on neck? Last post on 10/1/15 at 7:25am in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats: How To Win The Fight
Last edited: 12/10/15
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 5/23/15
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 5/23/15
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
I also fed my cats Science Diet dry food but only occasionally. I don't think it is wise to give too much dry food as there can be possibility of negative health issues. I presently feed...
My cats love this brush and so do I. The long teeth at the front reach down and pull up the undercoat and the shorter ones catch the dead hair. Works really well on short haired cats with a thick...
I got these for DD as part of her birthday gift. She loves them. They are adorable and very soft. They do run small though. She wears a 7.5 US shoe size and they fit her nicely. I don't think...
I used to have one of these things and thought it would be great for travel I got one of those air travel kits with metal bolts and ties but the airport would not accept it because of the top door....
Most of the cats previously and currently in my life have started purring at the site of this strange thing, after learning its wonders. The person who first gave me one told me something her...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 155/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 155/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 155/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 155/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 155/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 155/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 155/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1512/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 151/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 151/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 155/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!post #12 of 151/15/14 at 9:48ampost #13 of 152/21/16 at 2:43amHello from my lovely old female cat emelie.
I got her one year ago from an animal shelter, and she came with the very same near bold patches we all know so well. As surplus added a desire to scratch there with her hindpaws, sometimes till the skin was hurt. Also her chinhair was not so well.
At the vet I had fungus and skinparasites as reasons cleared with:no. Maybe food- or other allergies could be responsible...
Emelie is a not a very active cat. I feed her good quality canned food twice a day and a little dry food daily. The food amount is ca. 80gr canned food, less than 10gr dry food. She's 4.3kg, a little on the fatty side, says the vet, keeping her weight.
Since x-mas I started to add daily a little taurin to the canned food. I see a change now in febuary!! The hair grows back in finally. Maybe it is not normal after all. Now I search for the foodconditions of the comerades in red windows above the eyes.
Especially if your loved cats are indoorcats and older.
Kind and amount of food, amount of taurin per day consumed. Are there sucessful mouse hunting cats with the problem?post #14 of 1510/18/16 at 3:52pm
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › post funny picture and memes here 2 minutes ago
- › New foster mama-to-be and questions! 2 minutes ago
- › Matilda 💜💜💜 2 minutes ago
- › Can an older male cat adjust to life indoors? 3 minutes ago
- › HELP! I can't stand the meowing! 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a Trump government 4 minutes ago
- › Closing threads policy 5 minutes ago
- › Lola's fight with Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma (I'm going to say... 11 minutes ago
- › GAME - The 'ing' game 11 minutes ago
- › What's the last thing you ate - 2017 11 minutes ago
- › Fancy Feast Classic Gourmet Cat Food by Bobbie Sue
- › Hagen Le Salon Signature Curved Slicker Brush for Cats by IndyJones
- › Womens Striped Animals Cat Footprints Floor Socks by Kat0121
- › Petmate Two Door Top Load Pet Kennel by IndyJones
- › KONG Cat ZoomGroom by Fantisticat
- › Cat Mate Pet Fountain by Fantisticat
- › Neko Flies - Kragonfly with Rod - Interchangeable Toy by Margd
- › Frolicat Pounce Rotating Cat Teaser Toy by Louche
- › Cat Craft 3-Tier Cat Climbing Tree by Louche
- › Cat Charmer by permanentruby
- › The Bonster A.K.A. Bonnie Wonnie Doo Da
- › Baby Marley (AKA Batman)
- › Help me with my cat please!
- › Turkish Angora Cats
- › Majestic Phillip - Picture Of The Week #1611
- › Buddy ~ 6/2012 - 2/28/2017 "In between...
- › What would be your cat's fantasy vacation?
- › Picture of The Month #1610 - Playful Roman
- › Why you should never let your cat hunt
- › A mystery named Oliver - Picture Of the Week...