- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Skin Conditions in Cats
Last edited: 6/5/14
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 4/23/14
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
I received this toy for my cat as a gift. I said thank you, secrectly knowing my cat would never play with it. She needs toys to be moved around by me, to even show interest. Well, I was wrong!...
I have used a lot of litter through the years.2 months ago I read Dr. Pierson's blog and she wrote about this litter. I followed all of her advice about litter boxes including making my own out of...
I found out about the broths because I got a sample in the mail . As soon as I opened the pouch Foley and Maia ran to see what it was and when I put it in their plates they devoured it. Even I...
Grisou was addicted to that one, and would eat nothing else. This was unfortunate because it gave him increasingly bad diarrhea, until I realized and started to try get him to eat other food. A...
I bought this exact model but tan in color rather than brown for Whitney's first birthday because Groupon had a great deal. First it comes well packaged with one tool to put it all together. The...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 125/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 125/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 125/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 125/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 125/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1212/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 121/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 121/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 125/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- How to Treat Fleas in Young Kittens
- › The Gardening 2014 Thread - I just spent 2 hours in a garden center. 8 minutes ago
- › Should I Still Be Hoping My Missing Cat Will Come Home? 10 minutes ago
- › drug for liver kidney semintra? vet calling me about it in 10 minutes 13 minutes ago
- › Multiple minor health issues 44 minutes ago
- › Congratulations to Our Reviewers of the Month - August 2014 55 minutes ago
- › Can anyone tell me how far along she is? 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Drooling 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Monday's Question of the Day - September 1, 2014 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › What suggestions do you have for a cat who doesn't want to drink... 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Calling all Lurkers and Un-registered Visitors - We have cash to... 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Catnip Filled Banana by FizzyCrow
- › Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter by Maureen Bradley
- › Fancy Feast Broths with Tuna Shrimp and Whitefish Pet Food, 32-Pack by MaiaElizabeth
- › Royal Canin Canned Cat Food, Kitten Instinctive by roguethecat
- › Go Pet Club Brown 62" Cat Condo F68 by Slykat12
- › PetFusion Cat Scratcher Lounge by CalTriTwiAmb4
- › Petmate Two Door Top Load Pet Kennel by CalTriTwiAmb4
- › Petmate Litter Catcher Mat Extra Large by CalTriTwiAmb4
- › Nature's Variety InstinctRaw Chicken Formula by Slykat12
- › Fat Cat Big Mama's Scratch 'n Play Ramp for Cats with Catnip by Slykat12
- › Introducing Tanzy and a new forum - Cat...
- › Which Superhero is Your Cat?
- › How Long Can a Cat be Left Alone?
- › My Rescued Kittens
- › Last week for our special Summer Contest...
- › What’s the Ideal Temperature for a Cat?
- › My Little Black Cat
- › Latest Site News and Picture of the Week #10
- › Do Cats Mourn?
- › In Oregon with baby bear