- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Allergic Dermatitis Last post on 4/15/16 at 7:54am in Cat Health
- Bald ears in multi cat household - help! Last post on 3/15/16 at 9:55am in Cat Health
- Does anyone know what kind of a skin rash this is? Last post on 9/27/15 at 5:00pm in Cat Health
- Diet Related Chin Acne ??? ( Mei Li ) Last post on 10/18/15 at 6:21am in Cat Nutrition
- Itchy spot on neck? Last post on 10/1/15 at 7:25am in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats: How To Win The Fight
Last edited: 12/10/15
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 5/23/15
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 5/23/15
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
I bought this for my daredevil cat. She's tried to jump from my balcony into nearby trees. She is fearless. I wanted a chance for her to be out on the deck with me and this does the job...
I have 2 cats and have tried pretty much everything - regular litter, clumping litter, newspaper based litter, pine based litter, dried corn litter, litterrobot, self cleaning litter pans, etc....
Voted as a death trap as soon as it was put together and put in place. Took apart re-boxed and returned to store. It would have taken installing a mounted hook in our ceiling to make this safe....
I have been in the process of researching Siberian cats and breeders in hopes of getting a cat that my cat allergic husband can tolerate. I have looked a pages and pages of websites multiple times...
My cats want to eat dry food. I don't want them to eat dry food. I think that a wet only diet is much better for them. Unfortunately, they are very picky eaters so we compromise. I give them a...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 135/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 135/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 135/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 135/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 135/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 135/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 135/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1312/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 131/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 131/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 135/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!post #12 of 131/15/14 at 9:48ampost #13 of 132/21/16 at 2:43amHello from my lovely old female cat emelie.
I got her one year ago from an animal shelter, and she came with the very same near bold patches we all know so well. As surplus added a desire to scratch there with her hindpaws, sometimes till the skin was hurt. Also her chinhair was not so well.
At the vet I had fungus and skinparasites as reasons cleared with:no. Maybe food- or other allergies could be responsible...
Emelie is a not a very active cat. I feed her good quality canned food twice a day and a little dry food daily. The food amount is ca. 80gr canned food, less than 10gr dry food. She's 4.3kg, a little on the fatty side, says the vet, keeping her weight.
Since x-mas I started to add daily a little taurin to the canned food. I see a change now in febuary!! The hair grows back in finally. Maybe it is not normal after all. Now I search for the foodconditions of the comerades in red windows above the eyes.
Especially if your loved cats are indoorcats and older.
Kind and amount of food, amount of taurin per day consumed. Are there sucessful mouse hunting cats with the problem?
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too! 2 minutes ago
- › get ready for some extreme cuteness!! 4 minutes ago
- › Constipation and throwing up 5 minutes ago
- › Double letter game 7 minutes ago
- › Kitten who can't move 8 minutes ago
- › Peeing problems 11 minutes ago
- › The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016. 15 minutes ago
- › What's for dinner? - 2016 22 minutes ago
- › Game - Last Letter Association 23 minutes ago
- › Sweet girl, Duchess. ❤ 27 minutes ago
- › ABO Gear Happy Habitat for Indoor Cats by Pipperoo
- › Odour Buster Cat Litter by Betsy Conner
- › Cat Craft 3-Tier Cat Climbing Tree by Kittens Mom
- › ForestWind Siberians - Buffalo, NY by naomishaikh
- › Orijen Cat & Kitten Dry Cat Food by Kat0121
- › Pawsitively Exhausted Ladies Sleepshirt by raysmyheart
- › Ethical Slotted Balls Cat Toy by Novathekittycat
- › KONG Cat ZoomGroom by Alina Chen
- › Petco.com by dorimon
- › SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post by dorimon
- › Miss Honey
- › Springtime Inspiration From A Kitten
- › Quiz: Let's Play Cat Trivia!
- › The Magnificent Barney Bigsleigh - Picture Of...
- › Weaning: How To Get Your Kittens To Eat On...
- › after I got my cat declawed...
- › The Smallest Feline Is a Masterpiece -...
- › How To Move With Your Cat To A New Home In A...
- › The Energetic Pepper - Cat Picture Of The...
- › Embedding content: A great way to quickly and...