- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- skin issues of unknown cause Last post on 10/4/14 at 10:39am in Cat Health
- HELP!!! SKIN ISSUES ON CATs EARS & FACE Last post on 9/28/14 at 2:38pm in Cat Health
- Liquid Piroxicam for squamous cell cancer of the skin Last post on 8/29/14 at 8:37am in Cat Health
- kitten fur/skin peeling Last post on 8/25/14 at 3:36pm in Cat Health
- My cat's skin is peeling Last post on 9/1/14 at 3:10pm in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats
Last edited: 9/22/14
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 6/5/14
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 4/23/14
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
I have bought this brand ever since I got my kitten 5 months ago. I LOVE IT! The fresh sawdust smell covers up any odor my cat leaves. My kitten doesn't mind the pellets, although at first she...
Is the reason for the secret consomme ingredient not being acknowledged because it is SOY? Soy is a neurotoxtn used to raise protein rate of catfood. Secret ingredients are never good news.
We have a very active Maine coon who grows hair like crazy and always seems to pick up debris under his tail. Our vet recommended this, and we're glad we got it. Every time I use it, I pull off...
They will literally do anything for these little pieces of magic goodness. I don't know what they put in these to make them so amazing, but cats will quickly learn to do any thing and everything...
At 7.99 for 3 lbs of of 48 patties it may not be cheap but, this is the first raw food I can plop in the dish and it is eaten quickly. No more of me having to hand/force feed, cover with bonito...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 125/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 125/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 125/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 125/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 125/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1212/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 121/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 121/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 125/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › Help with an odd kitty. 1 minute ago
- › 5 week old fosters won't get over diarrhea - need help with... 5 minutes ago
- › need natural flea remedy please help! 7 minutes ago
- › Our Japanese Bobtail is so clean courtesy of our tabby 15 minutes ago
- › Sinbad won't eat 16 minutes ago
- › Kitten not enthusiastic about raw anymore? WHY?! :( 22 minutes ago
- › Senior cat possible beginning kidney issues 30 minutes ago
- › Possible Tick on My Semi-Feral 33 minutes ago
- › My 2000th post!!! 35 minutes ago
- › Another cat diet question, cat has chronic loose stools / diarrhea 42 minutes ago
- › Feline Pine Original Cat Litter by Xochitl14
- › Tiki Cat Consomme by Opie Catt
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by VBCatParent
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by IntrovertKitty
- › Primal Frozen Raw Turkey Nugget Cat Food by Slykat12
- › Tabby Town - Westby, WI by HunterScott
- › Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats by thesighrye
- › PetSafe Electronic Pet Feeder by LTS3
- › Holistic Select Grain Free Chicken Liver & Lamb Pate Cat Can... by Slykat12
- › Petmate Deluxe Vari Kennel Jr by thesighrye
- › Be kind to your cat's behinds! Dirty Cat...
- › Cat Picture of the Week #19 & Getting...
- › Dublin L. P. Knowles - full of gingery goodness
- › National Feral Cat Day and Picture of the...
- › Keeping Feral Cats Safe During Winter Months
- › Sweetie, Dante, Cimba and Dutchess
- › Karly
- › We lost our Floyd and are looking for nother...
- › Site News and Picture of the Week #17
- › Treats - Kitty is an Addict!