- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Allergic Dermatitis Last post on 4/15/16 at 7:54am in Cat Health
- Bald ears in multi cat household - help! Last post on 3/15/16 at 9:55am in Cat Health
- Does anyone know what kind of a skin rash this is? Last post on 9/27/15 at 5:00pm in Cat Health
- Diet Related Chin Acne ??? ( Mei Li ) Last post on 10/18/15 at 6:21am in Cat Nutrition
- Itchy spot on neck? Last post on 10/1/15 at 7:25am in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats: How To Win The Fight
Last edited: 12/10/15
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 5/23/15
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 5/23/15
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
I purchased this product for my kitten and he has loved it since the first day I highly recommend buying this product :D if you have a cat who loves to chase and jump this is the toy for them
My kitties really enjoy this, it's a top fave - especially for one of them, who tends to be a light and pickier eater. This is one of the only foods she will actually munch down quickly in one...
It took me a while to convince myself that I needed this carrier. I already had 4 carriers, but I am a rescue- so you can never have too many right? Plus this one opens from the top! Which is...
Having had EVERY type of litter and being sick of the smell and constantly cleaning out trays we turned to Öko cats best and it was the best thing we ever did! All of our cats went straight to it...
I don't have this exact model, but it works wonders! I live in an apartment so leaving not airtight bags of scooped litter in my kitchen garbage can or anywhere else for that matter was awful. ...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 135/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 135/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 135/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 135/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 135/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 135/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 135/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1312/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 131/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 131/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 135/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!post #12 of 131/15/14 at 9:48ampost #13 of 132/21/16 at 2:43amHello from my lovely old female cat emelie.
I got her one year ago from an animal shelter, and she came with the very same near bold patches we all know so well. As surplus added a desire to scratch there with her hindpaws, sometimes till the skin was hurt. Also her chinhair was not so well.
At the vet I had fungus and skinparasites as reasons cleared with:no. Maybe food- or other allergies could be responsible...
Emelie is a not a very active cat. I feed her good quality canned food twice a day and a little dry food daily. The food amount is ca. 80gr canned food, less than 10gr dry food. She's 4.3kg, a little on the fatty side, says the vet, keeping her weight.
Since x-mas I started to add daily a little taurin to the canned food. I see a change now in febuary!! The hair grows back in finally. Maybe it is not normal after all. Now I search for the foodconditions of the comerades in red windows above the eyes.
Especially if your loved cats are indoorcats and older.
Kind and amount of food, amount of taurin per day consumed. Are there sucessful mouse hunting cats with the problem?
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › Game - Change one word 11 minutes ago
- › My mom has cancer... 22 minutes ago
- › Last two letters game 31 minutes ago
- › Mother abandoning kitten? 33 minutes ago
- › Only one of three has healed.. 43 minutes ago
- › Pregnant cat.. So what now? 49 minutes ago
- › Stray kitten stuck. Help? 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Vote for the derpiest cats! Picture Of The Month August 2016 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Very Worried 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Ethical Pet Spotbrites Laser Pet Toy and Exerciser by Lalnable
- › Fromm Grain Free Dry Cat Food - Various Flavors by Cassiopea
- › Petmate two door deluxe carrier by ashade1
- › Cat's Best Öko Plus by Sair
- › Litter Locker II Hygenic Soiled Litter Disposal System by MyBuddyOrion
- › Fresh Step Scoopable Cat Litter, Multiple Cat by Alicia88
- › Greenies Pill Pockets for Cats by MrsTY
- › The Miracle Nipple by iLuvLilPaws
- › Petmate Compass Plastic Pets Kennel by Seventhheaven
- › Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy by Laura H
- › The Cat Safety Quiz
- › Solving Cat Behavior Problems: The Key...
- › Kyran - Rainbow Kitty
- › OJ is good for your health! Picture Of The...
- › 9 Grass Growing Kits That Will Make Your Cat...
- › The Beautiful Bella - Picture Of The Week #1582
- › Beatrix the Bean
- › princess Alice
- › Will cats become extinct if we spay/neuter...
- › Handsome Oriental Dandy - Picture Of The Week...