- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Does anyone know what kind of a skin rash this is? Last post on 9/27/15 at 5:00pm in Cat Health
- Diet Related Chin Acne ??? ( Mei Li ) Last post on 10/18/15 at 6:21am in Cat Nutrition
- Itchy spot on neck? Last post on 10/1/15 at 7:25am in Cat Health
- Huge Bald Spot on Neck Last post on 7/26/15 at 11:00am in Cat Health
- Sore on cats chin Last post on 7/24/15 at 12:08pm in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats: How To Win The Fight
Last edited: 7/13/15
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 5/23/15
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 5/23/15
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
I bought a bunch of these for a game at my daughters birthday party. We enlarged a photo of the cat, pasted it to card board, cut a hole in the mouth and it made a perfect "throw the mouse in the...
Most of my cats enjoy Blue Buffalo Indoor Dry Food. I also feed a little to the feral cats outside (why should they only eat flavored cornmeal?) It does have way more protein (32%) than lots of...
"Cats eat them" probably doesn't sound like much. But when you have a kitty with end-stage renal failure, and you're at the "feed him anything he'll eat" point, this stuff saved the day. I let him...
I bought this book last year, and it is absolutely fantastic. I loved it so much I read Gwen Cooper's "Love Saves the Day" also. Great detail about the life of a blind cat that someone felt...
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 125/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 125/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 125/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 125/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 125/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1212/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 121/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 121/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 125/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › CAT is territorial attacks ppl when they come to house also... 30 seconds ago
- › 🐾STEPPING STONES🐾 17 minutes ago
- › What breed is my ginger cat? 20 minutes ago
- › RE: Pregnant, worms, or just putting on weight? 22 minutes ago
- › can cats be depressed? 24 minutes ago
- › Panleukopenia Question About Shelter Cat 25 minutes ago
- › peeing under my bed!!!! 27 minutes ago
- › Returning home after hospital stay 38 minutes ago
- › HELP! My cat won't stop peeing on the carpet! 40 minutes ago
- › Head bonking 44 minutes ago
- › Kitty Mansions Boston Cat Tree by jennngrovie
- › SmartyKat Skitter Critters Cat Toy Catnip Mice by Amyscat
- › Blue Buffalo Indoor Cat Dry Food by rmnative
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by Donutte
- › Homer's Odyssey by Donutte
- › Sentry Good Behavior Pheromone Collar for Cats by SheriT
- › Natures Menu - Complete & Balanced Raw Bite-Size Nuggets... by Columbine
- › Applaws Chicken Breast and Pumpkin by Columbine
- › Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Feline Urinary SO Dry Cat Food by Columbine
- › Catz Finefood by Columbine
- › The Queen Of The Morning Routine - Picture Of...
- › How To Get Your Cat To Start Eating Again
- › Lucky, aka My Little Worm
- › Feast Your Eyes On Cat Picture Of The Week #1546
- › Cuteness Alert! Picture Of The Week #1545
- › Quiz: Which Cat-Themed Gift Best Fits Your...
- › How to safely pamper your cat with turkey treats
- › Why Has My Cat Stopped Eating And Is It...
- › Fluffy Shades of Grey - Picture Of The Week...
- › BabyBoy 5-21-06