- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- skin issues of unknown cause Last post on 10/4/14 at 10:39am in Cat Health
- HELP!!! SKIN ISSUES ON CATs EARS & FACE Last post on 9/28/14 at 2:38pm in Cat Health
- Liquid Piroxicam for squamous cell cancer of the skin Last post on 8/29/14 at 8:37am in Cat Health
- kitten fur/skin peeling Last post on 8/25/14 at 3:36pm in Cat Health
- My cat's skin is peeling Last post on 9/1/14 at 3:10pm in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats
Last edited: 9/22/14
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 6/5/14
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 4/23/14
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
This is essentially the least expensive dry grain free cat food on the market. This is a good choice for a cat with grain allergies and can't afford more expensive brands, while wanting to still do...
I have been using this litter for a couple years since my male cats have had crystals and UTIs, this litter has been great. It is a mix of white and blue ultra fine crystals, which would allow me...
This fountain is great. It was not expensive, works like a charm and best of all, kitty drinks from it very often because she is attracted to it. The fountain is small so it is placed very nicely...
I have bought this brand ever since I got my kitten 5 months ago. I LOVE IT! The fresh sawdust smell covers up any odor my cat leaves. My kitten doesn't mind the pellets, although at first she...
Is the reason for the secret consomme ingredient not being acknowledged because it is SOY? Soy is a neurotoxtn used to raise protein rate of catfood. Secret ingredients are never good news.
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 125/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 125/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 125/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 125/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 125/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1212/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 121/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 121/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 125/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › Vets turning away patients who can't pay up front 4 minutes ago
- › What's in Your Junk Drawer? 4 minutes ago
- › Pregnant Stray 13 minutes ago
- › Question of the Day, Friday, October 31 14 minutes ago
- › My Cat is Having Intestinal Surgery 17 minutes ago
- › Looking for a commercial brand of raw cat food that is organic (or... 17 minutes ago
- › How early can a kitten get pregnant? 18 minutes ago
- › Anyone sell food? 25 minutes ago
- › Possible Tick on My Semi-Feral 25 minutes ago
- › My kitten is a bully! 26 minutes ago
- › Taste of the Wild Dry Cat Food, Rocky Mountain Feline Formula by michi082704
- › Precious Cat Senior Litter by michi082704
- › Catit Fresh & Clear Small Drinking Fountain by Shadowbaby14
- › Feline Pine Original Cat Litter by Xochitl14
- › Tiki Cat Consomme by Opie Catt
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by VBCatParent
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by IntrovertKitty
- › Primal Frozen Raw Turkey Nugget Cat Food by Slykat12
- › Tabby Town - Westby, WI by HunterScott
- › Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats by thesighrye
- › Warrior cats
- › Another Picture In The Spirit of Halloween -...
- › Be kind to your cat's behinds! Dirty Cat...
- › Cat Picture of the Week #19 & Getting...
- › Dublin L. P. Knowles - full of gingery goodness
- › National Feral Cat Day and Picture of the...
- › Keeping Feral Cats Safe During Winter Months
- › Sweetie, Dante, Cimba and Dutchess
- › Karly
- › We lost our Floyd and are looking for nother...