- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Does anyone know what kind of a skin rash this is? Last post on 9/27/15 at 5:00pm in Cat Health
- Diet Related Chin Acne ??? ( Mei Li ) Last post on 9/24/15 at 8:45am in Cat Nutrition
- Itchy spot on neck? Last post on 10/1/15 at 7:25am in Cat Health
- Huge Bald Spot on Neck Last post on 7/26/15 at 11:00am in Cat Health
- Sore on cats chin Last post on 7/24/15 at 12:08pm in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats: How To Win The Fight
Last edited: 7/13/15
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 5/23/15
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 5/23/15
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
I have fed this to most of my cats as a treat for years. When I got Zander and she was so sick I decided to feed her primarily wet food and got this, big mistake. Although my other cats would eat...
Zander walked away from other wet foods. It's the only wet food that she has actually devoured. She will not leave her bowl until it is empty. That says a lot. I like that it don't have the nasty...
I got a sample of this and my cats like it much better than the Fit & Free .. I think they like the fishy flavor ..
My actually like this food very much but the carbs are very high ..
But , my cats are Royal Canin fans all the way .. They love this flavor a lot ..
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 125/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 125/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 125/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 125/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 125/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 125/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1212/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 121/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 121/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 125/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › Doctor Appt and Migraines 2 minutes ago
- › Kitten in quarantine 5 minutes ago
- › How far along is my cat ?? 9 minutes ago
- › My cat just went blind. 10 minutes ago
- › R.I.P. Georgie 11 minutes ago
- › Yearly vaccinations or no? 13 minutes ago
- › Very Low Neutrophils (White Blood Count) Need Advice Please 15 minutes ago
- › What's for dinner? - 2015 17 minutes ago
- › ear mites and diatomaceous earth (DE) 17 minutes ago
- › What if I become one of the people that they hate? Terrified of... 21 minutes ago
- › 9 Lives Daily Essentials by kntrygrl256
- › Fancy Feast Classic Gourmet Cat Food by kntrygrl256
- › Go! Sensitivity and Shine Grain Free Trout by 2Cats4Me
- › Fromm Grain Free Dry Cat Food - Various Flavors by 2Cats4Me
- › Royal Canin Dry Cat Food, Indoor Light 40 Formula by 2Cats4Me
- › Hill's Science Diet Mature Adult Savory Chicken Entree Minced... by 2Cats4Me
- › Friskies Cat Food Meaty Bits Senior by 2Cats4Me
- › Fancy Feast Gourmet Kitten Food by 2Cats4Me
- › Blue Buffalo Spa Select Canned Cat Food by 2Cats4Me
- › Two Comrades - Culpeper, Virginia & Southern California by kzmsm713
- › Why A Professional Pet Sitter is the Right...
- › Angua Von Uberwald
- › Picture of the week: Dallas, the kitten who...
- › happy&noghreh
- › Picture of the week: Andromeda and her pal
- › Carrot Ironfounderson
- › Picture of the week: A New Cat Enclosure
- › Ode to Lilac
- › The three trouble makers
- › Picture of the week: Tree climber