- 16 Posts. Joined 5/2002
- Location: Southampton hants England
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCats Skin Conditionstagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Allergic Dermatitis Last post on 4/15/16 at 7:54am in Cat Health
- Bald ears in multi cat household - help! Last post on 3/15/16 at 9:55am in Cat Health
- Does anyone know what kind of a skin rash this is? Last post on 9/27/15 at 5:00pm in Cat Health
- Diet Related Chin Acne ??? ( Mei Li ) Last post on 10/18/15 at 6:21am in Cat Nutrition
- Itchy spot on neck? Last post on 10/1/15 at 7:25am in Cat Health
Ringworm in Cats: How To Win The Fight
Last edited: 12/10/15
- Skin Conditions in CatsLast edited: 5/23/15
- How to Treat Fleas in Young KittensLast edited: 5/23/15
- Feline AcneLast edited: 12/2/13
- The Healthy Cat: Eight Things You Should CheckLast edited: 1/19/12
This is a great toy. I have two of these and sometimes tie them together using the ties on the tunnel ends, for an extra long race track for the cats. They enjoy having stuff like balled up paper...
So the PetNet Automatic feeder has been great for my two cats! it is Wi-Fi connected and is wall powered, if the Wi-Fi or power shuts off the feeder holds a charge and still holds last known time...
Most scarves I find to be too heavy and bulky or too short or too long. I only have a couple that I actually like to wear. But I saw this on Amazon last winter and it was really cute and wasn't...
This is my cat's favorite brush and we tried many :) He started out hating any kind of brushing but after a month of treats and me following him all over the house to do a few strokes he now asks...
This is by no means a perfect cat tree but if you are on a budget or have limited space, or just want to see if your cat or kitten will like cat tree type of thing, than it's great place to start....
Bald Patches Above the eyespost #1 of 135/2/02 at 7:56amThread Starterboth of my brown kittens have bald patches above both of their eyes what does this mean???post #2 of 135/2/02 at 12:22pmThis a subject better suited for the Health & Nutrition Forum. A moderator should be able to move this for you so that more people will be able to read and possibly respond .
Are you sure that the spots are bald patches and not just thinner sections of hair? It is common for some cats to have thinner looking hair by their eyes and on their ears.
Have the kittens been checked out by a vet? If not, that is a first step. The vet can check for any problems and see if the patches are due to something like fleas or an infection.post #3 of 135/2/02 at 12:35pmMy older white cat has them right in front of her ears. There is a tiny bit of dwny fuzz there but no real fur. It scared me when I first noticed! She was really shy when I got her, so I didn't notice right away. But if I touch it, the skins soft there and the vet said its normal.post #4 of 135/2/02 at 12:35pmThose bald patches could be a number of things. It could be alopecia, it could be just a genetic trait, it could be that is where they are scratching, or some kind of mites, or allergy. It is hard to tell, but a vet could tell you or at least set your mind at ease.post #5 of 135/2/02 at 3:31pmpost #6 of 135/4/02 at 4:58amAre the patches higher up say near the ears more? If so it's completely normal because cats have scent glands on the tops of their heads and in some cats the fur will be thinner. 3 of my cats have this thinning there their wholes lives.post #7 of 135/4/02 at 3:06pmI have a picture of one of my former cats to show you as an example. This cat had thinner hair near her eye and ear area which was normal and didn't signify any problem. Is this what you mean?post #8 of 1312/31/12 at 3:09pm
I have a beautiful ALL BLACK CAT, named Heidi, and she has thin hair from where her "eye brows " would be to her ears. I had never seen it before, and I didn't know if it was inherent to a certain breed.post #9 of 131/1/13 at 12:09ampost #10 of 131/1/13 at 12:45ampost #11 of 135/15/13 at 12:44pm
thats so weird, my cat is 4 and he is also all black and has the same patch. it never once bothered him, its been the same way since he was a baby. never really thought anything of it :) recently the husband has been worried, but now i can tell him its normal :) thanks guys!post #12 of 131/15/14 at 9:48ampost #13 of 132/21/16 at 2:43amHello from my lovely old female cat emelie.
I got her one year ago from an animal shelter, and she came with the very same near bold patches we all know so well. As surplus added a desire to scratch there with her hindpaws, sometimes till the skin was hurt. Also her chinhair was not so well.
At the vet I had fungus and skinparasites as reasons cleared with:no. Maybe food- or other allergies could be responsible...
Emelie is a not a very active cat. I feed her good quality canned food twice a day and a little dry food daily. The food amount is ca. 80gr canned food, less than 10gr dry food. She's 4.3kg, a little on the fatty side, says the vet, keeping her weight.
Since x-mas I started to add daily a little taurin to the canned food. I see a change now in febuary!! The hair grows back in finally. Maybe it is not normal after all. Now I search for the foodconditions of the comerades in red windows above the eyes.
Especially if your loved cats are indoorcats and older.
Kind and amount of food, amount of taurin per day consumed. Are there sucessful mouse hunting cats with the problem?
- Bald Patches Above the eyes
- Skin Conditions in Cats
- › Thinking of adopting this cat... any guesses of the breed please? 7 minutes ago
- › ***REALLY*** need some help with my cats health!! 17 minutes ago
- › Second thoughts about kitten 18 minutes ago
- › Internet or the Vet? 27 minutes ago
- › Any love for the music made between 1965 and 1975? 43 minutes ago
- › Friend of Ferals Award Badge - Apply Here 45 minutes ago
- › The "What's on your mind?" Thread 46 minutes ago
- › Tera + 2 - 4 50 minutes ago
- › Cat is dying 51 minutes ago
- › Fleas, home treatments and waiting periods. Your experiences. 51 minutes ago
- › CrackleChute Collapsible Tunnel by crlamke
- › Petnet SmartFeeder - Automatic Pet Feeder by boellp
- › Vivian & Vincent Cat-Themed Sheer Infinity Scarf by CatMinionJess
- › Groomers Slicker Brush Cats by KiraTheCat
- › Cat Craft Perch Lookout by KiraTheCat
- › Litter-Lifter Kitty Litter Scoop for Cats Assorted Color by KiraTheCat
- › Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter by KiraTheCat
- › PetzLife Oral Care Gel 4oz Salmon Oil by msserena
- › Petrodex Enzymatic Cat Malt Flavor Toothpaste by msserena
- › Comfort Zone with Feliway Spray for Cats by msserena
- › A Scientific Take On Cat Nutrition By Dr....
- › Interior door prop for cats
- › Stay Pawsitive with this inspurrational quote
- › From A Siberian With Love - Picture Of The...
- › Ruby the Angora
- › 7 Stunning Cat Rings That Will Make You Go...
- › Kitten Cuteness - Picture Of The Week#1586
- › January's page
- › How to share articles and news on the forums...
- › Oyen : 4 year old Rescue Cat