My sweet boy, Patrick, is gone.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a night with Patrick crying several times, despite pain medication, and given how he looked this morning - miserable - I decided that one more day on new food and stronger dose of pain med was only prolonging what I knew at last, was something we could not fix.

Amazingly, he was only 3 months away from having lived with crf for 4 years, he was about 1 -1/2 years post ?Ibd versus Lymphoma diagnosis when we were told he only had a couple of months, his damaged eye, to my vet's amazement had sealed (he had a corneal rupture) something it was not expected would happen. He just had the most amazing spirit, but today, he looked miserable, even when asleep, and I had to let him go.

I took him outside in my arms to hear the birds and sniff the wind, and he did perk up...I took him to each of the cats, most related to him, and especially Alix who gave him a lick between the ears.

They told me his bp was low when we got there, his feet felt so cold...it really was time. He had a little trick..rub his chin and he'd extend it, like a turtle coming out from it's shell, so we always called it "doing the turtle". That is what he and I did as he fell asleep.

I've never done such intensive, long term care of one animal, the bond was already close between us, it was hard to leave him, even when he'd passed, I just wanted to hold him and bring him home. I can't believe this time has come, that he is gone.

No one who ever met him has forgotten him, he had a special charisma, and was a great ambassador for his breed..and was one of the oldest living of his breed in the world.

Not much else I can say, I can't believe my so special boy is gone.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pat - I can only imagine how difficult this was for you, but at least now you know that now Patrick is no longer in any pain

You will remain in my thoughts and daily prayers - many hugs to you

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pat, my heart goes out to you. I can't imagine the heartache you must be feeling.
I can tell through your posts how special Patrick was and how much he means to you.
I will continue to keep you in my thoughts as you go through this difficult time.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pat, my thoughts and prayers are with you on this sad night.
You have given your special boy the final love gift, that of letting him go to a better place and leave the pain behind. He'll be watching over you -- between butterflies

RIP Sweet Patrick

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

You have given your special boy the final love gift, that of letting him go to a better place and leave the pain behind. He'll be watching over you -- between butterflies

Pat, i am so very sorry
I wish I had more to offer than just words - so many of us have been with you through all of this and know that we will all still be with you now

fly high Patrick - RIP darlin

pui hang

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pat, my heart broke when I read your post
Patrick was a very special boy and the world is a poorer place without him

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time

RIP Sweet Patrick

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm so sad to hear this news
But know that Patrick is now flying with the angels, healthy and happy and always looking over you

He had such a special life and you were both blessed to have been brought together!

RIP Sweet Patrick

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss Pat

Patrick is now in a place where he will know no pain

RIP sweet furbaby

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh Pat, I am SO sorry for your loss! It brought tears to my eyes reading this as I had a special baby (Bud) that I went through so many boughts of illness and near death with before I finally had to make the same decision as you.
May God give you comfort to know that he is no longer in pain and that you were the best meowy!
RIP sweet Patrick!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Pat...my thoughts are with you in this difficult time. Patrick was such a special and lucky boy to have had you.
i know you know this - but you did the best thing! he's happy & healthy again, now...

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pat, I'm so terribly sorry. My heart breaks for you at this difficult time. Please know that Patrick is happy now and free from any pain and heartache, he only wants you to be happy now too. Please take care of yourself and try to remember the happy times the two of you shared for such a long time.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Pat, I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you.

RIP sweet Patrick

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Pat, my heart aches for you, but you really did all you could for Patrick, and I'm sure he knew how much he was loved. RIP, Patrick.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry Pat that is time came

He lead a happy life, and you gave him repose- It was your most sacrificial act to let him go while he still had his dignity.