TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Get this for a barrel of laughs....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Get this for a barrel of laughs....

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
Well, some of you know that the other week, my car was blocked into my drive as the woman 'didn't realise'!!

Well, someone has done it again today I just can't believe that there is nothing the Council can do about it

post #2 of 26
Oh my gosh!!!!!! What on earth is going on?! Phone the police! Don't phone the council! It's only a Micra, if all else fails, push it forward
post #3 of 26
nOw is when I would be calling the police. If they can't do anything then he he he hot wire it and get it outta your way!!
post #4 of 26
Laurens right Sarah. If the council won't do anything which is shocking!, call the police.

Honestly some people have their brain in their pants!!.

I wonder if the council will allow you to have a "No Parking" sign fitted?, if thats the case i'd get you one made here.
post #5 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pombina
Oh my gosh!!!!!! What on earth is going on?! Phone the police! Don't phone the council! It's only a Micra, if all else fails, push it forward
It's stupid, isn't it?

It's easier said than done to push it, as I only have one working leg!

Yeah, I think I'll give the Police a go as this is getting seriously daft!!
post #6 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemac
I wonder if the council will allow you to have a "No Parking" sign fitted?, if thats the case i'd get you one made here.
That's a thought! I'm drafting a complaint letter to them as I post! I think I'll add that in and see what they think! That would be cool if you could have it made there too!

It really is just so stupid! I never park infront of other people's drives, so I just 'thought' that others wouldn't either!
post #7 of 26
If they agree get the ok from your landlord as well because you would have to screw it into the wall there, but your handy with your drills so you should be ok.

It's just sheer ignorance on the drivers part.
post #8 of 26
This is when you need to find some friends a little on the "shady side" to take care of it for you. If all else fails hire a rugby team to lift it out of the way!
post #9 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemac
If they agree get the ok from your landlord as well because you would have to screw it into the wall there, but your handy with your drills so you should be ok.

It's just sheer ignorance on the drivers part.
I'm sure they wouldn't mind - especially as it has been causing such inconvenience to me! Plus, I can't just run down the road or hop on the bus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adymarie
This is when you need to find some friends a little on the "shady side" to take care of it for you. If all else fails hire a rugby team to lift it out of the way!
I do have some shady friends, but sadly, they're ina different city

I have called the Police and they are searching the database for the owners - as they'll try to contact them to make them move! Or they will remove it!!!

Yay - they must have got hold of them, as they just moved!
post #10 of 26
Whooohooo! You are no longer trapped! Still - if this is going to keep happening, make some friends with a rugby team - they would probably have a laugh moving the car.
post #11 of 26
Thread Starter 
I'll definitely pen in the next Sevens!!

I'm so pleased he has gone now! I'm free!

I'm definitely going to get my letter to the Council though, as really this should be their thing - not the Police!!
post #12 of 26
i thought the police was in charge of cars? they should fine everybody who parks there from now on!
post #13 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan
i thought the police was in charge of cars? they should fine everybody who parks there from now on!
No, it's the Council that controls the traffic wardens, car removal and car pounds! It's just because the markings aren't "right" that they say they can't do anything to help me
post #14 of 26
Could you grab a can of spray paint and make sure the "markings" are right? Like, maybe marking across the council's collective foreheads?

I'm thinking a sign that says "Park here and die" might work...
post #15 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar
No, it's the Council that controls the traffic wardens, car removal and car pounds! It's just because the markings aren't "right" that they say they can't do anything to help me
Then shouldn't they make sure that the markings are correct? If not I say sue the council for the inconnvenience! (or say you'll sue them anyway)
post #16 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady
Could you grab a can of spray paint and make sure the "markings" are right? Like, maybe marking across the council's collective foreheads?

I'm thinking a sign that says "Park here and die" might work...
You've definitely got a good plan there, Jan!

I wonder if Susan will be able to get me the 'Park here and die' signs?!

Ady, I'm not sure I could sue them for it, even if I wanted to! As the area is part of the regeneration, they haven't really got anything 'sorted' yet - except for where they want to build even more new places!
post #17 of 26
Another sign idea. "Go ahead and park here. Owner of drive knows all the numbers of the local towing services by heart!"
post #18 of 26
Of course, we are presuming the owner of the car can read...
post #19 of 26
I remember when I was in Europe on a tour bus the bus got stuck on a one way street. They couldn't make the turn safely as there was a car parked on the corner. The police were there trying to help, allowing us to go up the one way street (not a busy road). But still stuck. So they got all the guys together and picked the car up and moved it... I got a picture rather funny.

Frustrating situation though...
post #20 of 26
I can't believe the nerve of some people parking like that-don't they see a driveway??? I would agree in marking sure the area is marked for no parking!!
My only park parking experience is a few years ago when I went to the local shopping mall in the winter after a snow the parking lots wasn't clean up yet. I had the truck and people where parked so strange I ended up having to back up for quite a ways. However they was a line of cars behind me so I had to get out-tell them to back up as they wouldn't get through and the car directly behind me-well she had to guide me in backing up the 100 ft or so, so I wouldn't hit any vehicles!! It was terrible-most of the people where mad!! In hindsight I should have just put the truck in four wheen drive and driven over the shrubbery onto the road!!
post #21 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady
Another sign idea. "Go ahead and park here. Owner of drive knows all the numbers of the local towing services by heart!"
That's a great one! But as you say, it doesn make you wonder if these drivers can actually read?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals
I remember when I was in Europe on a tour bus the bus got stuck on a one way street. They couldn't make the turn safely as there was a car parked on the corner. The police were there trying to help, allowing us to go up the one way street (not a busy road). But still stuck. So they got all the guys together and picked the car up and moved it... I got a picture rather funny.
I bet the bus driver wan't too happy about it all?! That's great that you managed to move it though - I bet that picture is classic!

Gail, I just had to laugh at your story! It must have been so frustrating having to manoever like that! Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?!
post #22 of 26
When I lived in the Netherlands, you could only park on one side of the street and we lived on the other. However, if you parked a certain way (the street was tiny as always), you could prvent my dad from getting of the driveway! Honestly!

I think my neighbors painted a square with an X in it on the actual bricks of the road (brick road..ha)in front of thier driveways. Or maybe they had the city do it.

Once my mum got a sign that read in english not to park infront of so and so's house because it was thier parking spot! Parking spots along the street are not assigned and she wasnt in anyones driveway or otherwise impending traffic.
post #23 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StacieJ
Once my mum got a sign that read in english not to park infront of so and so's house because it was thier parking spot! Parking spots along the street are not assigned and she wasnt in anyones driveway or otherwise impending traffic.
Gosh, now that is cheeky!! It's funny how people seem to get stuck in their ways and want the same space all the time!!
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals
I remember when I was in Europe on a tour bus the bus got stuck on a one way street. They couldn't make the turn safely as there was a car parked on the corner. The police were there trying to help, allowing us to go up the one way street (not a busy road). But still stuck. So they got all the guys together and picked the car up and moved it... I got a picture rather funny.

Frustrating situation though...
That happens way too often in frankfurt
post #25 of 26
i found some links for no parking signs!
Traffic, Parking & Management Signs
Signs from Safety Signs - they have a bunch of no parking signs... this one is my fave!
Sign Outfitters
Build a Sign - says you can design your own sign
Sign Monster
hopefully, you can order a sign from one of these places!
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar
Ady, I'm not sure I could sue them for it, even if I wanted to! As the area is part of the regeneration, they haven't really got anything 'sorted' yet - except for where they want to build even more new places!
Actually my dear, I'm pretty sure you can, under he disablity discrimination act because of your poorly knee.

You can't walk for far can you? Therefore you need to be able to drive.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Get this for a barrel of laughs....