Need help. List your #1 automatic litter box.

driven

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey everybody.

We have 4 kitties and currently have one regular litter box and a LitterMaid Plus automatic box. We are looking into getting another automatic box but I would like to try to find something a little better than the LitterMaid Plus. Preferably something larger and if possible, doesn't need to be emptied all the time. With 4 cats I know there is a lot of waste to look after. Does anybody have any suggestions on a larger, better automatic litter box so I can start looking into another one? Thank you!!!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't ever used anything other than Litter maid. I have 5 of them.

I know that there are some members that use another brand but I can't think of which ones.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

driven

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

I know that there are some members that use another brand but I can't think of which ones.
Do you use the larger ones they have out?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

i've only used littermaids. i just bought another, so now i have 3. i think the only other kind is the litter robot, but at $329, it's too expensive for me - i have 3 boxes for that same amount of money!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

driven

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i've only used littermaids. i just bought another, so now i have 3. i think the only other kind is the litter robot, but at $329, it's too expensive for me - i have 3 boxes for that same amount of money!
I just have a hard time believing my cats would use that for some reason.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DRIVEN

I just have a hard time believing my cats would use that for some reason.
the opening looks very small to me - Pixel & Chip would probably have difficulty fitting in...especially being used to the open boxes i have. mine don't even have lids!

geechong

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have gone through so many LitterMaid's that its not even funny. I think I have the customer service number on speed dial. I have given up and have been manually scooping.

I too have heard about Litter Robot - but have not used one nor have I found anyone that has one. I wanted some feedback from other users and don't mind the pricey price tag if it works

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I heard the Purrforma brand one was pretty good....I just went to Petsmart.com and they had a couple others listed I had never heard of, the Stylette and the Scoopfree, both of those seemed fairly reasonably priced too, check them put in the "litter center" tab. I'm sure you can go from there and do a search on them. Oh how I pray for the day I can afford these!

luvmysphynx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by geechong

I have gone through so many LitterMaid's that its not even funny. I think I have the customer service number on speed dial. I have given up and have been manually scooping.

I too have heard about Litter Robot - but have not used one nor have I found anyone that has one. I wanted some feedback from other users and don't mind the pricey price tag if it works
I have 3 Litter-Robots for my six cats and I LOVE them!!!! I had no problem with any of my cats using them and the company is great when it comes to answering any questions.

Here is the link: http://www.litter-robot.com/default....1?source=ysm01

fluffcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've just got a Cat Genie and it seems perfect! Scoops and flushes, sanitises the box, no smell and happy cats!

nanci

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On the Litter Robot, can you tell me if it's too small for a 24 lb cat? I have five who are 7lbs, 10lbs, 12lbs, 14lbs and 24 lbs.