TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Helicopters
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Helicopters

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Have you ever flown in one, or if not, would you like to?
post #2 of 14
I've never been in one but we watched Air Crash Investigations last night, which was investigating the crash of a helicopter after being struck by lightening.
I'm not too keen on going on one after watching that...not over the sea anyway
post #3 of 14
I haven't been in any aircraft...
post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
Well Jan, I've flown enough to know that although it's a great way to travel, my tummy likes it better on the ground........especially when there is turbulance in the air!
post #5 of 14
I would love to fly on a helicopter - it looks amazing!
post #6 of 14
I've been wanting a helicopter ride for years. I love flying, especially in the smaller planes.
post #7 of 14
Nope... never flown in anything, EVER!
post #8 of 14
I did about 8 or more years ago. It was really neat . The glass extends downward so you can look straight down. I also enjoy flying in small planes (the 48 seater variety) as they fly low...yah you get more turbulance but that dosen't bother me. I can look around a lot more.

The next thing I want to try is a hot-air balloon. That would really be scary but I want to do it!
post #9 of 14
I have a friend in the Toronto area that is a helicopter pilot. I've flown with him a few times (flying rotary and fixed is completley different, I wouldn't have a clue how to fly a helicopter) He always does his best to scare me. That's ok, I've taken him for a ride in some fixed wing and made him feel queezy!!
post #10 of 14
I really like flying. Not that I've done a great deal of it, but enough to know that. I'd go up in pretty much anything as long as I could be confident that it was airworthy. Rob used to fly gliders (sailplanes) and I went up with him a few times. That's awesome. I haven't been up in a helicopter, but I'd love to.
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals
I did about 8 or more years ago. It was really neat . The glass extends downward so you can look straight down. I also enjoy flying in small planes (the 48 seater variety) as they fly low...yah you get more turbulance but that dosen't bother me. I can look around a lot more.

The next thing I want to try is a hot-air balloon. That would really be scary but I want to do it!
Yes, hot air balloon too! My daughter and I want to try sky-diving as well.

My brother-in-law has his pilots license and has taken us up in a 4 seater Cessna - we love it.
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite
Yes, hot air balloon too! My daughter and I want to try sky-diving as well.

My brother-in-law has his pilots license and has taken us up in a 4 seater Cessna - we love it.
I'll hot air balloon and sky dive with you. No one I know wants to - my hubby says why jump out of a perfectly good plane? It will have to wait until after the new baby is born.... would skydiving hurt while breatfeeding (not that I would breastfeed during the actual dive of course, but what would the air pressure do to the "engorged" mammaries?)
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by adymarie
I'll hot air balloon and sky dive with you. No one I know wants to - my hubby says why jump out of a perfectly good plane? It will have to wait until after the new baby is born.... would skydiving hurt while breatfeeding (not that I would breastfeed during the actual dive of course, but what would the air pressure do to the "engorged" mammaries?)
No way will I sky dive. I agree with your husband! However...I did do indoor skydiving, does that count?? I did that at the same place I did the helicopter ride - Pigeon Forge Tennessee. It was really fun!! I hope to do it again someday .
post #14 of 14
Hubby went on a helicopter ride over Kauai, the video footage he brought back was fantastic. I stayed on the ground with daughter who was adamant that she didn't want to go. That suits me just fine, it means that hubby will have to take me back to Kauai so that we can both take the trip
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Helicopters