TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Do your other halves visit TCS?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do your other halves visit TCS?

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
I was just wondering if anyones other half comes on here ever?
Last night Mark and I just chilled out and I was on here most of the night just trying to figure out the putfile thing and playing silly games. Mark was sitting with me and we were looking through all the fur pics together and just random things.
He was the one who registered us on here when we needed some info on worms but it's me who's become addicted.
He does come on during the day sometimes just for a look but I think just as a guest, unless he logs in as me because he doesn't have a username.
He thinks Rosie is adorable after her pics being a monkey in the bath and from day 1 he fell in love with the old sig of 'baby' Harley, the blue one with the pic of him with his eyes shut. So now whenever I am browsing and he see's Mackenzie's sig he's like 'Baby Harley!' it's so funny.
He also loves looking at pics of the exotic furbabies amongst a million others - oh including Jane Vernon's Portia.
I just think it's funny how he's only occasionally here but some cats just stick in his mind.
Does anyone else's SO do the same thing?

EDIT: He always comes on when he knows I've posted pics of the cats as he likes to see what people have said about them, the doting father lol
post #2 of 29
You're so lucky Lauren!
Mine only look when I point out something interesting. He nods (or not) and then leaves to do something else. Maybe it's because forums don't interest him, I guess.
post #3 of 29
If ever i've briefly went on when Gils down or when i'm at his i've showed him some pictures of members kitties
post #4 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayi
Mine only look when I point out something interesting. He nods (or not) and then leaves to do something else. .
Its exactly the same here!
post #5 of 29
I have to say no, I guess coz I don't actually have a significant other
post #6 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma79
I have to say no, I guess coz I don't actually have a significant other
....................
post #7 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayi
He nods (or not) and then leaves to do something else. Maybe it's because forums don't interest him, I guess.

Jerry too. Actually, he's jealous of the time I spend on here........says I neglect him..........(that might have been true at one time, but I've been trying to correct that! LOL)
post #8 of 29
Thread Starter 
Mark only shows an interest because he's in love with the cats and also he is a member of a car forum which he is almost as obsessed with as I am with TCS. Until I found here I used to get on at him about how 'sad' he was but now I totally understand!
post #9 of 29
We don't havea computer at home yet so as far as I know, Lee doesn't get on here. He might get on at work though. He can be sneaky like that!!
post #10 of 29
John has his own forum he is addicted to (lacrosse), but does come here occasionally. I know he has his own username, although he posted as me a few times before I told him to get his own user name. He posted last year after I had Kevin and again last year when our Sugarly had to be put down - he was in trama then. Here is the link to that thread http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...hlight=sugarly
post #11 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adymarie
John has his own forum he is addicted to (lacrosse), but does come here occasionally. I know he has his own username, although he posted as me a few times before I told him to get his own user name. He posted last year after I had Kevin and again last year when our Sugarly had to be put down - he was in trama then. Here is the link to that thread http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...hlight=sugarly
I can't read any further than his first post. That must have been awful for you both having to make that decision
post #12 of 29
We still miss her everyday! It was very difficult at Christmas - she used to plant herself on the Christmas tree skirt and not move - like she was our Christmas present!
post #13 of 29
Jeff will look on from time to time...especially if I post a pic of Reilly..he always wants to see what people have said about him..he's another doting father other than that this is more my kind of thing, he doesn't have much interest in forums. I think it's only because he types like a caveman (with one finger) and he would get too frustrated trying to post a reply!!
post #14 of 29
Lee types like that too and it really gets on my nerves. He is getting better at it now though. Instad of just his pointer fingers her is using his middle finders too.
post #15 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom
Lee types like that too and it really gets on my nerves. He is getting better at it now though. Instad of just his pointer fingers her is using his middle finders too.
sounds like he's beginning to evolve!
post #16 of 29
Sometmes I will show Neil the pictures. He likes Amber and Boris!!
post #17 of 29
John is a very quick 2 finger typist. Otherwise he wouldn't keep up on his lacrosse thread!
post #18 of 29
I'm always going on about TCS to my husband Dave. He has accused me of neglecting my own cats in favour of the TCS ones! He's on the computer just as much though, so he can't talk. Sometimes he'll come in and read over my shoulder. The other night someone had posted "my husband just made me do the most disgusting thing" boy did that get his attention! He was disappointed to learn it was about a sandwich!
post #19 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayi
Mine only look when I point out something interesting. He nods (or not) and then leaves to do something else.
Yup, same here!
post #20 of 29
I dont have a significant other, but Ben does come on here occasionally to snoop some information
post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayi
You're so lucky Lauren!
Mine only look when I point out something interesting. He nods (or not) and then leaves to do something else. Maybe it's because forums don't interest him, I guess.
Pretty much the same here, although it's certainly not because he doesn't like forums. There are other (computer geek) forums that he frequents. However, it's not unusual if I tell him about something -- either that I posted or that took my interest particularly -- for him to say, "Send me the link" and he does look and comment (to me). I'm sure he hasn't registered -- he'd have said so.
post #22 of 29
Nope, and he just gives me an odd look whenever I talk about it.
post #23 of 29
My other half would be cats and dogs and they haven't learned how to use the computer yet. At least not while I'm here...hehe...
post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tari
Nope, and he just gives me an odd look whenever I talk about it.
He doesn't understand the concept of online friends. I can't blame him though. I didn't either until I came here.
post #25 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcat
He doesn't understand the concept of online friends. I can't blame him though. I didn't either until I came here.
I absolutely understand that! I used to think Mark was wierd for laughing at the computer when he was on his car forum. I totally get it now!
post #26 of 29
I talked about it so much, he joined. He mainly posts in IMO, but hasn't posted here in a while since he found his new obsession forum. I still make him look at kitty pics, though.
post #27 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb
I talked about it so much, he joined. He mainly posts in IMO, but hasn't posted here in a while since he found his new obsession forum. I still make him look at kitty pics, though.
Thats cool! whats his username?
post #28 of 29
I don't have one but I haven't told any of my boyfriends about TCS. All my good guy mates know though. I got one friend to come and look once.
post #29 of 29
Mine will occasionally look if I seem particularly interested in something here. He usually looks over at the pics, since our computers are right next to each other. He is a big fan of Reilly, Rosie, and any Bengals.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Do your other halves visit TCS?