TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Behavior › Talkin' Cats
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Talkin' Cats

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Does anyone else think their cats say words? My mother swears her cat says ham. I think one of mine says, "Mama" (sound more like Mee-ahhma). My other cat growls--in fact, the kids next door just recently got two puppies and she growled at them when she saw them.
post #2 of 13
That's right!! They do say HAM!! And Mama and out! And they only say HAM when they are close to the fridge! And then there are the times they speak with their eyes!! I have it bad,don't I?? LOL All I have to do is ask them to show me what they want,if I don't understand their "talk",and they show me! Sometimes I think they are psychic!!
post #3 of 13
our cat says "wake up" if she is lonely while youre sleeping
post #4 of 13
Mister says mama. Spalding says hello.
post #5 of 13
One time, I swear Zakk said my name It's Mollie, so it's not to difficult for him to say!
post #6 of 13
theres a funny video with cats talking. I saw it under the popular videos
search for " talking cat ".
post #7 of 13
Mia talks no stop sometimes when she wants more food, water, or attention. I talk back to her. I don't know what she thinks of me speaking cat be she'll keep the game going for quite a while.

My grandma's cat Smokey says "ma'am" when she talks to him. which is funny because that's what everyone else says.
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by taterbug
That's right!! They do say HAM!! And Mama and out! And they only say HAM when they are close to the fridge! And then there are the times they speak with their eyes!! I have it bad,don't I?? LOL All I have to do is ask them to show me what they want,if I don't understand their "talk",and they show me! Sometimes I think they are psychic!!
Misty says Purr, as a greeting. And she is quite psychic, or whatever you would call communicating without words. She is our former neighbor's cat, who moved back to Germany and took her with them, but she was my friend. Usually I would know when she was there wanting to come in, when she wanted something, etc. One morning early, I was in bed and I woke up thinking "I should go check for Misty." But I was very tired and was drifting back to sleep when I heard a distinct "Ring!" sound in my head (like my alarm clock). I went down and there she was, waiting to get in. I used to refer to is as her sending me her cat rays

I haven't gotten on that level with my 2 yet, and I've never heard them say any distinct words, but I've only had them for 3 months.
post #9 of 13
Oh, yes...my Sunny is quite the talker. She has a meow that she only uses when saying she wants me, that sounds remarkably like "Mama". She does it in such a way as to imitate when I call her that (I have a habit of calling female cats "mama"). It's adorable, and I know it's what she's doing because I'm the only one that calls her that, and she only says it to me.
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouch185
theres a funny video with cats talking. I saw it under the popular videos
search for " talking cat ".
Oh, that's HILARIOUS!!!
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty8723
Misty says Purr, as a greeting. And she is quite psychic, or whatever you would call communicating without words. She is our former neighbor's cat, who moved back to Germany and took her with them, but she was my friend. Usually I would know when she was there wanting to come in, when she wanted something, etc. One morning early, I was in bed and I woke up thinking "I should go check for Misty." But I was very tired and was drifting back to sleep when I heard a distinct "Ring!" sound in my head (like my alarm clock). I went down and there she was, waiting to get in. I used to refer to is as her sending me her cat rays

I haven't gotten on that level with my 2 yet, and I've never heard them say any distinct words, but I've only had them for 3 months.
That is wonderful to know I'm not the only one!! My family thinks I've lost it sometimes! LOL
post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by taterbug
That is wonderful to know I'm not the only one!! My family thinks I've lost it sometimes! LOL
Okay, I'm part of taterbug's family and regarding this, she hasn't lost it. She has always been able to "speak" to our pets. They will always show her what they want. I am trying to hone my skills at it.
Now, between the 2 of us, the rest of the family probably won't admit they know us.
post #13 of 13
Well,thank you Taurus!! Give my grandkitties a hug tonite,OK??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Behavior
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Behavior › Talkin' Cats