OMG I can't believe I didn't say lasagna!
I made lasagne recently and it was soooo fun! You get to build it!
I have a good easy recipe if you need -
1 pkg. lasagna noodles (16 oz)
1 pd ground beef
1 onion (I might have left this out, I don't recall using onion)
1 tbl italian seasoning
4 cups Ricotta
1 cup parmesan, grated
2 1/2 c spaghetti sauce (I ended up using a while jar)
1 1/2 c mozzarella, shredded
extra parmesan for top
1. Boil noodles til al dente (firm but soft), drain, rinse with cold water, and lay out over cookie racks etc to dry. This covered my whole kitchen, it was hilarious! Preheat oven to 325.
2. Brown ground beef (with onion if you use one), with salt, pepper, and seasoning until no pink, drain, set aside.
3. Big bowl - muix ricotta, parmesan, 2 eggs, 2 cups spaghetti sauceand ground beef.
4. Put a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in casserole dish. Layer noodles, plus some opposite way, then a layer of cheese/meat mix, then sprinkle some mozzarella, repeat. On top, a layer of noodles, some more sauce, some mozzarella, and parmesan.
5. Bake for 50 minutes. Cover loosely with foil if top browns too much.