Originally Posted by AbbysMom
I swear I have woken up every day this week cranky and with a big dark cloud over my head. I have been trying to snap out of it, but nothing is working. I think it is the mid-winter blahs. I know I have a lot to be thankful for in my life and don't want to be whiny.
What puts you in a better mood?
I've been feeling exactly the same way, so I'm working on a list of things that make me happy, other than the obvious family, friends, health...those, I feel are given in my list of blessings. Here is a sampling, feel free to indulge in any of these!
1. The Unaccompanied Cello Suites by J.S. Bach
2. Road trips!
3. Kitties, of course, although I wish Raph was feeling better and didn't have to go to the vet Wednesday
4. hummus, warm pita and a side of tabbouleh
5. Fuzzy slippers
6. The Extreme Makeover/Desperate Housewives/Grey's Anatomy Sunday night tripytch...the ONLY time I can watch TV all week
7. Really long and satisfying practice sessions
8. Baths with my lemon/almond bath oil
9. A really clean house/apartment
10. Dark. Chocolate.
11. The fact that even though it's about 3 degrees out, the days are getting longer!
12. Knowing that this stupid quarter is over in 3 weeks and I will never have to take math ever, EVER again. Ever.
14. Having a brain!
15. Art museums
16. Curling up with a good book and a cup of tea on my big comfy bed
17. Not having to be perfect
19. art museums, specifically one that's free on Tuesdays
23. Scrapbook materials!
24. Sleeping in
25. Chamber music rehersals
26. Knowing that I'm going light on the credit hours next quarter, since this past quarter has left me wanting to strangle people.
27. Home delivery of the New York Times
28. Sufjan Stevens, and the fact that he made an album about Illinois
29. The Skyline
30. The fact that I live in the greatest city on the planet
31. The fact that I have a really great lesson this weekend at U of Michigan