TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › My valentine's date was my cat.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My valentine's date was my cat.

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
You know....I do love being single..but when you go to the grocery store and are surrounded by men with flowers and candy and cards...well, let's just say that Tigger didn't get me anything for Valentine's day (I however provided him and his sister with their favorite moist food).

Katie
post #2 of 25
Oh I bet that's not true, Katie! I bet he gave you everything a kitty could - loves and purrs and looks of love and headbumps and greetings at the door.
post #3 of 25
It is kind of funny to see all those men (and sometimes women) crowding a flower/candy shop on Vday, isn't it?
I had no date on valentine but it was interesting nevertheless. I went to a family dinner where:
a) my sis in law was pretty doped with anti-depression meds due to her philandering husband
b) my MIL told me that she disliked my parents
c) my bratty nephew had a tantrum and ruined the antique dinner table by spilling ice and coke on it
d) the first boyfriend of my rather overweight niece was questioned by most of the curious relatives ( I felt sorry for him)
e) I loved the wine and it was the only good thing about the affair. In fact, maybe there were other things going on but I was happy sitting by myself savoring my vino.
post #4 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb
Oh I bet that's not true, Katie! I bet he gave you everything a kitty could - loves and purrs and looks of love and headbumps and greetings at the door.
Not even a single purr....just a look into an empty food dish as a reminder he was hungry.

Katie
post #5 of 25
Well, Aristotle was my date, but he did give me a cuddle a little while ago. I then gave him extra treats.

Yayi? I bet you were wishing you were home with your 4-legged Valentines, huh?
post #6 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNR1
Not even a single purr....just a look into an empty food dish as a reminder he was hungry.

Katie
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. Here's a hug for you...
post #7 of 25
Aw, I'm sorry your V-Day wasn't great

But normally kitties make GREAT dates!
post #8 of 25
Zoey was my valentine .,... I sang her happy bday //
post #9 of 25
My kitties made a great date!
Teufel cuddled me more than usual and gave me head butts, and kaylee and i shared my dinner

My mother got me two lovely roses,
You can have one from us!
post #10 of 25
Well because Gils in Scotland there was just me and the girls but i had plenty of loving from them
post #11 of 25
I'm in the same boat! Simon and Vino (my dog, not wine LOL) were my valentines- we curled up together on the couch and watched American Idol! best V-day I could ask for I'm seeing someone but he's not my "boyfriend" we went to the movies Monday though
post #12 of 25
I didn't have a date either (goes along with the nun thing), so the "habits" and I did laundry then watched a movie - "I am David," which was very moving.
post #13 of 25
Are you really a nun?
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanStar
Are you really a nun?
Yep! I'm a an Ursuline Sister.
post #15 of 25
Aaaaw sweetie - you know sometimes I'd be happy to trade my boyfriend for another cat I love him to death, but sometimes he can be a real pain in the butt
post #16 of 25
This is so funny because last night I had been at the store & thought I love being single about 360 days a year, but there are those few days when I think maybe I'd like to have a man. Then the next day I think Yeah not really worth it (sorry guy's I just do better on my own). So last night I stoped & got a burger from Culvers. Well I got lots of good kisses for valentines day, because I was willing to share my burger. Maggie wouldn't give kisses & Levi would only do it once, Jordan only gave a couple kisses, but Isaac he's my good kisser. It's gotten to the point that if I'm eating something & turn my face toward him he leans over & puts his lips on mine (I know kind of gross, but hey I take kisses where I can get them). So he gave me lots of good kisses last night & those were the best valentines kisses I could ever want!!!
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNR1
You know....I do love being single..but when you go to the grocery store and are surrounded by men with flowers and candy and cards
Whoever he is, just remember that the recipient of the flowers, candy and cards is probably about to kill him if he leaves the toilet seat up ONE MORE G.D. TIME ...

I had supper at Bob Evans with my best friend. I had a killer pot roast sandwich and fries and then went home to my babies, who were glad to see me because their supper was late.

Then this morning, I got to play with Marnie for a few minutes when I first woke up. If nothing else happens today, I'm still completely happy.
post #18 of 25
most of the time, I feel like a relationship just isn't worth the hassle. Maybe it is just me but I think that I am a better person without a "man" in my life (not as crazy).

Don't get me wrong I love my nephews to death (they are totally adorable at three years old and I can send them home when they start getting on my nerves ), but I am going on about 10 years of being man-free and I'm o.k. with it.

But I understand how Valentine's Day can make you stop and look at what is in your life and what isn't.
post #19 of 25
I can relate. I've had the same guy for 17 years but it isn't a "meaning ful relationship". He doesn't do all the stuff a relationship guy does, like take me out on valentines day. I did get a card and a small box of candy the saturday before. we only see each other once a week. It is more of a habit by now. When I see all the marrieds with their 2 children and lives, I feel like I have really misssed the boat. Can they possibly be envious of me with my own house, job, 4 cats, and freedom to do whatever I want? Don't know, don't know if I really want all they have either, but at 58, I start to worry about my old age. I mean is FAng going to be able to pick me out a good nursing home? Oh well, I guess the best thing is to be grateful for what you have, and enjoy.
post #20 of 25
My kitties were pretty good valentine's dates. They both cuddled with me a little on the couch last night and purred really loud.

I also got a call from my friend who's in the army and we spoke for a while. I think he's getting really lonely. But it did remind me how nice it is to have a man in my life sometimes. Maybe I actually ought to start looking?
post #21 of 25
Jamie was my "date", too, since hubby had to work late shift, and I was gone from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.. By the time he got home, I was getting ready for bed. We did go out to dinner on Sunday, but it wasn't really for Valentine's Day.
post #22 of 25
I got one kiss for V-day! That was from the dog. She's a real sweetheart, though.

I have no boyfriend, & have never had one. Someday, I might find someone, but I don't care that much right now. I would be content to be the crazy cat lady in town-single, 4 cats & 4 dogs. If a husband or boyfriend fits in the house, then that OK, too! Although I wouldn't mind marrying Vin Diesel....
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibiana
Whoever he is, just remember that the recipient of the flowers, candy and cards is probably about to kill him if he leaves the toilet seat up ONE MORE G.D. TIME ...
Actually, that was pretty close to my thought. I know how tough it can be to be single on Valentine's Day, but look at it this way...at least your Valentines didn't walk out with your keys (again) this morning leaving you to spend a half hour hunting all over the place for them and making you late for your meeting.

When I was single, I used to get together with my other single girlfriends on Valentine's Day and we'd all go out to a nice dinner together. We used to have a great time (and it was lots of fun to people-watch all the happy...or not-so-happy couples).
post #24 of 25
Cj was my date, we even slept together! (okay, okay he sleeps with me everynight.) I love him though, he has a heart of gold. Honestly one of the gentlest kitties I have ever had. Gabby was in a bad mood though..... probably because I stole her man.....
post #25 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover
I would be content to be the crazy cat lady in town-single, 4 cats & 4 dogs. If a husband or boyfriend fits in the house, then that OK, too! Although I wouldn't mind marrying Vin Diesel....
I'm with you. (especially on the Vin Diesel thing )
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › My valentine's date was my cat.