Semester ended yesterday at noon. So I was supposed to fly out of here yesterday afternoon to Paris and to pick up my jeep this morning. Then the plan was the ferry to the UK tonight where I have things to do before returning to France and spending a week decorating and choosing bathroom suites etc. But fog cancelled all flights and I am sitting here today staring out at whiteness. I am undecided as to whether to wait till tomorrow or to make a 12 hour train or bus journey to Vienna or Budapest and try to pick up a flight. Already this has cost me $250 in lost ferry tickets and a hotel charge in Paris, and the airlines will not do anything as they say the weather is not their responsibility. So I would lose the price of my flight ticket as well if I take matters into my own hands. The only nice thing is that I can spend time with the kits without feeling that I should be doing something else, but it is so frustrating. And there is no clue here as to when the fog might lift.
post #1 of 11
2/4/06 at 2:32am