My cats love cardboard boxes & large paper bags!
I used to let them play with straws & milk jug rings, but not anymore since Jazzpurr swallowed a 3 foot long ribbon! Since then, I've heard horror stories of cats swallowing twist ties, hair pony-tail holders, straws, milk jug rings, legos, bows, etc. Anything small enough, they can & may swallow it!
Just because they've never swallowed those things in the past, doesn't mean that they'll never do it in the future.Please don't allow your cats to play with any of those things.
I didn't give the ribbon to Jazzpurr, he fished it out of the trash, but I never would have dreamed that any one of my cats would or could swallow such a long ribbon. I didn't even realized that he swallowed a ribbon until he threw it up & continued to throw up continuously. After an emergency visit to the vet, he ended up having exploratory surgery because we thought that he was blocked with a piece of ribbon. It turned out that he wasn't blocked, the vomiting was the result of irritation from passing the ribbon.
I learned my lesson the hard way. Now I am very careful & conscious of what my cats are playing with & can get to!
This is Jazzpurr with the bad ribbon!