TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Going to Florida in 2 weeks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Going to Florida in 2 weeks!

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
For christmas, my "dh's" father got us tickets to come down to Florida Febuary 9 to the 15th. So That's cool...because I'm in wisconsin, and it's much warmer down there. Although, weve been have interestingly warmer weather up here anyway.

But Im super excited! Also very nervous, and scared. I am just a freak when it comes to getting on a plane. I think I might try drinking alcohol before we leave for the airport. We are having a van pick us up, so I wont be driving, I just really think that I might need to in order to settle down. I just get so scared, I dont know why. My heart beats all fast, and I get real anxious. Anyone have any tips on getting ready for a big "airplane"/stress day?

I have a 2 year old, and the last time we went to Florida, she was 3 months old, and didnt know I was freaking out, but this time, she'll catch on that Im nervous, and then she'll be nervous, and I dont want that.

Anyway, we are going to Tampa, and then staying in an apartment type hotel somewhere on Ulmerton road? Not sure of the city. Largo...yea, Largo. But his Family lives in St. Pete, so we will be spending lots of time there too.

Just thought I'd share this with ya guys! Now I'm off to find someone to take care of my kitties while I am away.
post #2 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilleah878
For christmas, my "dh's" father got us tickets to come down to Florida Febuary 9 to the 15th. So That's cool...because I'm in wisconsin, and it's much warmer down there. Although, weve been have interestingly warmer weather up here anyway.
I live in MN - right next to the WI border - and I agree - we have been having warmer weather up here anyways! I'm ready for some more snow, I figure that if we're having somewhat cold weather (which is still warm to what our 'normal' winters are) - we might as well have snow too! Otherwise - bring on summer!

Can I just come across the border and jump in your suitcase and come to FL with you?

You will have SUCH a great time - I hope you take lots of good pics while your down there enjoying the nice, warm weather!
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
We got 8 inches on snow onm Friday night here. They said at first that it was only going to be 2-3 inches. lol. But it is the BEST snow ever. VERY VERY packy. You can make a snowball in seconds. lol

But again, it's getting warmer, so the snow is melting faster than I want. I wanted to go sledding just once more.
post #4 of 16
You should ask your Dr if they can give you some mild anti-anxiety meds or something for the flights. Or take something like Dramamine that will knock you out if your DH can look after your daughter. I'll be flying to FL on the 13th. I'm planning on taking some non-drowsy Dramamine and a decongestant for my ears. They always pop horribly when we travel by car and it hurts so much. My grandmother's ear popped on a plane and she's lost quite a bit of hearing from it and I'm not chancing loosing my hearing by not taking it.

I'm definitely a fan of deep breathing for relaxation when I'm nervous too. I tend to get an upset tummy when I get nervous and that calms it down. Can you bring some headphones to listen to music? Also eating peppermints helps me calm down, especially my tummy. Good luck!

And have fun!!! Soak up all the heat while you can!
post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles
I'm planning on taking some non-drowsy Dramamine and a decongestant for my ears.
They have decongestant for ears? I never knew that...Or is it like just a regular decongestant, and it also helps your ears? Because I was also wondering about that to for my daughter, because I dont want her to get mad about her ears...And I know they have decongestant for kids, Maybe I should ask her doctor first.

Anyhow, What does Dramamine do? I have heard about it alot, but dont actually know what it's for. And they DO have it in non-drowsy? Because I'd rather not pass out on the plane, because dh doesnt really know how to handle things without me. lol. Im kind of like his mom too.
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilleah878
They have decongestant for ears? I never knew that...Or is it like just a regular decongestant, and it also helps your ears? Because I was also wondering about that to for my daughter, because I dont want her to get mad about her ears...And I know they have decongestant for kids, Maybe I should ask her doctor first.

Anyhow, What does Dramamine do? I have heard about it alot, but dont actually know what it's for. And they DO have it in non-drowsy? Because I'd rather not pass out on the plane, because dh doesnt really know how to handle things without me. lol. Im kind of like his mom too.
I think your daughter's doctor should be able to help you. I think I've heard of giving kids some meds to help thier ears.

Dramamine is for motion sickness. It's OTC and very effective. It comes in non-drowsy formula. Usually I take the regular because I prefer to sleep off long trips. I'm planning on getting some non-drowsy for just in case once we're on the ship. Deffinatley give your dr's a call. The least they can do is say there isn't anything to help you. And the decongestant I take is prescription that I get for my allergies, but sudafed should help too.
post #7 of 16
Hmmm....ahem, I'm a pet sitter and I live in Wisconsin! Hehe...
post #8 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by menagerie mama
Hmmm....ahem, I'm a pet sitter and I live in Wisconsin! Hehe...

Where do you pet sit at? In your own home? OR do you come to other peoples homes to check on thier babies?
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilleah878
We got 8 inches on snow onm Friday night here. They said at first that it was only going to be 2-3 inches. lol. But it is the BEST snow ever. VERY VERY packy. You can make a snowball in seconds. lol

But again, it's getting warmer, so the snow is melting faster than I want. I wanted to go sledding just once more.
Aren't you lucky!? We haven't gotten snow in WEEKS!
post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley
Aren't you lucky!? We haven't gotten snow in WEEKS!
It was pretty wierd snow, Because like I said, they said we were only supposed to get a couple inches, and that it wouldnt last very long at all. But then like a couple hours before it started snowing, they were like expect
6-8 inches, and it threw everyone for a loop. I was confused. But i was at work the WHOLE time, and just got to see lots of people getting stuck on the road.
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilleah878
Where do you pet sit at? In your own home? OR do you come to other peoples homes to check on thier babies?
I make visits to the client's home, up to four times a day.
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
4 times a day?! wow...you wouldnt need to do all that. Maybe once or twice. I think I seen once that you are in Milwaukee arent ya?
post #13 of 16
Yep!
post #14 of 16
You're going to have a great time. I lived in that area for 5 years and was back down there just this summer. Beautiful area.

Have fun!!!
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilleah878
For christmas, my "dh's" father got us tickets to come down to Florida Febuary 9 to the 15th. So That's cool...because I'm in wisconsin, and it's much warmer down there. Although, weve been have interestingly warmer weather up here anyway.

But Im super excited! Also very nervous, and scared. I am just a freak when it comes to getting on a plane. I think I might try drinking alcohol before we leave for the airport. We are having a van pick us up, so I wont be driving, I just really think that I might need to in order to settle down. I just get so scared, I dont know why. My heart beats all fast, and I get real anxious. Anyone have any tips on getting ready for a big "airplane"/stress day?

I have a 2 year old, and the last time we went to Florida, she was 3 months old, and didnt know I was freaking out, but this time, she'll catch on that Im nervous, and then she'll be nervous, and I dont want that.

Anyway, we are going to Tampa, and then staying in an apartment type hotel somewhere on Ulmerton road? Not sure of the city. Largo...yea, Largo. But his Family lives in St. Pete, so we will be spending lots of time there too.

Just thought I'd share this with ya guys! Now I'm off to find someone to take care of my kitties while I am away.
St Pete? HEY! Thats where I am! I know where you're staying on Ulmerton. Right down the road from me.
Maybe we will set up a lunch or something?
post #16 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256
St Pete? HEY! Thats where I am! I know where you're staying on Ulmerton. Right down the road from me.
Maybe we will set up a lunch or something?
heh.. I talked to my "dh" about setting up lunch or something...and he was like...are you nuts? lol...He's a freak. But I certainly would love to. We've got to spend most of the time with his family, because they dont see our daughter very often, but If I can grab some time to get on TCS, and see what your doin...We might be able to do something. My DH says were going to go clubbing on some road that is like ALL clubs or something, because his parents want to keep our daughter for a night or two ()

So im hoping to have some fun.

Anyways...I talked to my mom about drinking before getting on the plane, and she said that its not a good idea. But I still think it is.
It helps me get laid back, and not worry about what were gonna do next, and how are we getting here, and how are we getting there, and when is this going to happen, and the plane crashing, and my daughter freaking out, and the wierd looking man next to me on the plane, and what if they didnt put enough gas in the plane, and did I leave the camera at home, and did I forget my PJ's, and Is everyone ok, are you hungry, thirsty, and Oh my gosh the plane just made a wierd jerking motion, and it might not take off right, (yes, I think about ALL that stuff before getting on a plane and more) and all that...etc...

I am a worry freak, and I just think that me drinking something before i leave will help a bit. I become much more nicer, and less stressed out. It's not like Im a big drinker, cuz Im just not. Hopefully it all turns out good. I am looking into Vans and Limos to take us to the airport, to find the cheapest one around.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Going to Florida in 2 weeks!