TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Spaghetti Hotdish: The Way It Should Be
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Spaghetti Hotdish: The Way It Should Be

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Okay, a couple of weeks ago on here, I made a snarky comment about a spaghetti hotdish recipe I'd seen that totally grossed me out.

So I started looking online for other spaghetti casserole recipes and I found one, tried it this weekend, and have had a cathartic experience. LMAO

Please note that my preference will STILL be for meat-free spaghetti with red sauce and veggies, but as a cholesterol blowout alternative, I guarantee that this recipe will make you want to sit down and eat the whole damn casserole dish full. LOL

SPAGHETTI HOTDISH

1/2 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained
1 lb ground beef or turkey
garlic powder to taste
salt
pepper
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 of a 26-oz jar spaghetti sauce
4 oz cream cheese (1/2 pkg)
3/4 C sour cream
1/2 C scallions, chopped
OPTIONAL: 1-1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese

Cook ground meat, using the garlic powder, salt and pepper to season it as it cooks. Drain it, then add the green pepper and the spaghetti sauce; simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes. While it's simmering, combine the cream cheese and sour cream in a small bowl, adding the scallions to it until well combined.

Spray a large casserole dish with Pam. Lay spaghetti noodles on bottom of dish; spread cream cheese/sour cream mixture on top of them. Spread meat and sauce mixture over cream cheese/sour cream. If desired, sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

This is NOT a diet recipe. lmao
post #2 of 14
It sure does sound good!
post #3 of 14
Mmmmmmm.... *thinks longly of Dad's baked ziti*
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibiana
Okay, a couple of weeks ago on here, I made a snarky comment about a spaghetti hotdish recipe I'd seen that totally grossed me out.

So I started looking online for other spaghetti casserole recipes and I found one, tried it this weekend, and have had a cathartic experience. LMAO

Please note that my preference will STILL be for meat-free spaghetti with red sauce and veggies, but as a cholesterol blowout alternative, I guarantee that this recipe will make you want to sit down and eat the whole damn casserole dish full. LOL

SPAGHETTI HOTDISH

1/2 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained
1 lb ground beef or turkey
garlic powder to taste
salt
pepper
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 of a 26-oz jar spaghetti sauce
4 oz cream cheese (1/2 pkg)
3/4 C sour cream
1/2 C scallions, chopped
OPTIONAL: 1-1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese

Cook ground meat, using the garlic powder, salt and pepper to season it as it cooks. Drain it, then add the green pepper and the spaghetti sauce; simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes. While it's simmering, combine the cream cheese and sour cream in a small bowl, adding the scallions to it until well combined.

Spray a large casserole dish with Pam. Lay spaghetti noodles on bottom of dish; spread cream cheese/sour cream mixture on top of them. Spread meat and sauce mixture over cream cheese/sour cream. If desired, sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

This is NOT a diet recipe. lmao
It sounds edible to me. I had to look up "scallions" though. I had no idea it was just a fancy name for green onions, which I use a lot.
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe
It sounds edible to me. I had to look up "scallions" though. I had no idea it was just a fancy name for gren onions, which I use a lot.
Oh boy!!, I'm glad I looked at this thread again. I wrote down scallops! that would have made for an interesting meal
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mew
Oh boy!!, I'm glad I looked at this thread again. I wrote down scallops! that would have made for an interesting meal
Barf-o-ramma having scallops in spaghetti!
post #7 of 14
We have scallops in spaghetti all the time here - it's part of spaghetti marinara, and it's made like a chili meat-free bolognaise sauce, with spaghetti (of course) and various seafoods such as prawns, squid, scallops, mussells and clams
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!
We have scallops in spaghetti all the time here - it's part of spaghetti marinara, and it's made like a chili meat-free bolognaise sauce, with spaghetti (of course) and various seafoods such as prawns, squid, scallops, mussells and clams
Yeah, but you wouldn't have scallops in spaghetti at the same time as ground/minced beef. That's what would be gross.
post #9 of 14
Ooooooh yes, that WOULD be gross
post #10 of 14
Dont be sure till you try it!
post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
fwan ... I'm really thinking Teufel and Marnie were separated at birth. LOL
post #12 of 14
I tried an interesting dish last night similar except you cooked fetticine noodles and added them to already beaten eggs, melted butter and parm cheese.
This was added to the meat mix that had parmesan cheese and mozzarella in the mix. I just had it in a big frypan-however it wasn't saucy enough so I'll have to mess with the recipe.
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibiana
fwan ... I'm really thinking Teufel and Marnie were separated at birth. LOL
I think so too!
they have the exact same markings, when i get a digital camera next month or so i will post better pics of my devils!
post #14 of 14
Sounds delicious!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Spaghetti Hotdish: The Way It Should Be