I have to say that I generally like my job (I am a high school English teacher) and I do today, but I am so frazzled! I can't even pinpoint WHY. If you will bear with me I will elaborate (my daily dose of therapy???)
1. I was somewhat mentioned in a article in yesterday's local newspaper regarding an EEOC complaint filed by a former member of our staff. It is an age-discrimination case that is totally groundless (the "discriminated-against " teacher was frighteningly incompetent). She implied that I, as a younger woman, was less qualified than I to teach. That made me so mad!! It is true that I am fairly young, but I am a d*** good teacher!!!!! Not to mention that I have a degree, state certification, and 60 college credits beyond my bachelor's degree!!!
2. I had to teach my students how to do a Works Cited page for research papers. So tedious!!!
3. I had a stupid, pointless meeting on my planning period that just took up valuable time.
So now I will try to reverse my negative feelings and describe the positive things that should alleviate my annoyance. Here goes:
1. My husband came home from the field last night.
2. We are adopting a kitty buddy for Dmitri this weekend.
3. I am finally NOT BROKE!!
4. I am healthy and happy (generally speaking)
5. Spring is here and the azaleas are blooming.
6. I am alive and can enjoy poetry. Isn't this a day for e.e. cummings?!?!?!?
Thanks for reading my rant!!!