TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › A strange thing happened this morning
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A strange thing happened this morning

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
As some of you might know we are living up to our reputation as being the rainy City. But.........I found out this morning that we have not had 24 consecutive days of rain since 1961. Thats before I was born! How creepy is that? And.........if this keeps up, which it probably will, we will break the record of 33 days from 1954. Well atleast we are almost finished with the ark.
post #2 of 17
I hate those miserable rain spells, they make you feel soo blah. We don't get near as much rain in St. Louis as you all do, but sometimes it's like the storm system gets stuck over us . I don't think anyone should have to put up with rain for more than 3 days in a row. But 24 days straight!!!!! I would have to go down to sunny California

I am sending you some sunshine I hope you get it
post #3 of 17
We had like 21 or 22 days without sunshine which broke a record from decades ago. After a sunny day yesterday more clouds and fog. I think that's why I am just not motivated to do anything!!
post #4 of 17
I heard on the news this morning that we've had 24 consecutive days as well, but I don't know what the record here is.

Have you had the horrible winds too?
post #5 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanor
I heard on the news this morning that we've had 24 consecutive days as well, but I don't know what the record here is.

Have you had the horrible winds too?
Yeah, it's been windy but I dont think it's as bad as you guys. We've had some mudslides and trees down around the region but not nearly as bad as it could be, yet.
post #6 of 17
We're known as the Windy city - we had casual winds of 175 kph the other night. It was crazy so me being me went to the beach
post #7 of 17
Leah is so right. It's AWFUL here. it doesn't even get light until 9 am and it's dark! We are so wet, it just will not stop. Our ark is almost done as well!
post #8 of 17
All I can is it's a good thing I don't melt...ugh...puddle's, wind and rain...even found a street near me that was flooded on my way home from the store this afternoon. Thank heavens for trusty old subaru's! I am ready to not have a day 25 or 26 of rain..however, they are coming
post #9 of 17
I don't know if I want 24 consecutive days of rain - but a couple would be so nice. We haven't seen any moisture in the Denver area since November and now there are several fires. This is only January - what are we going to do in July? (Move to Washington?)
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig
I don't know if I want 24 consecutive days of rain - but a couple would be so nice. We haven't seen any moisture in the Denver area since November and now there are several fires. This is only January - what are we going to do in July? (Move to Washington?)

C'mon up, sister! Actually, July is one of our driest months, with hardly any rain at all, a trace here and there. Temps are 78 and humidity is 38. It's quite nice!
post #11 of 17
Woah. O_O;;

I'm okay with a day or two of rain, but after that it just leaves me tired and depressed.
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashacat421
C'mon up, sister! Actually, July is one of our driest months, with hardly any rain at all, a trace here and there. Temps are 78 and humidity is 38. It's quite nice!
Shush! Do you want the traffic to get even more congested in this state.

It rains here...all the time, all summer...really, truly (not).
post #13 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix
Shush! Do you want the traffic to get even more congested in this state.

It rains here...all the time, all summer...really, truly (not).
Im with P&A, we have no summer, it's icky all of the time. TRAFFIC SUCKS!
post #14 of 17
Please send us some of your rain! We've been here in CO since mid October and it hasn't rained a drop since. It is very dry and there have been several fires in the last week. We're getting nervous, since the last one was not far from us.
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of 10 Cats
Please send us some of your rain! We've been here in CO since mid October and it hasn't rained a drop since. It is very dry and there have been several fires in the last week. We're getting nervous, since the last one was not far from us.
Oh yick...I wouldn't want to be up one of the canyons with fires going
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicknleah
As some of you might know we are living up to our reputation as being the rainy City. But.........I found out this morning that we have not had 24 consecutive days of rain since 1961. Thats before I was born! How creepy is that? And.........if this keeps up, which it probably will, we will break the record of 33 days from 1954. Well atleast we are almost finished with the ark.
y'all could send us some. we're having grass wildfires because of the drought - haven't had a really good rain for about 9 months...
In all of 2005, DFW Airport received only 18.97" of rain. That made 2005 the 5th driest year we have ever experienced here in north Texas. But a closer look at the records shows that the drought is even worse than it appears.

The first 5 days of January 2005 were very wet. It rained 4 of the 5 days, with a total of 2.63". But then it was as if the tap were turned off. In the past 365 days, from January 7, 2005 through January 6, 2006, our total rainfall has been a paltry 16.34".

The driest year we have ever experienced (measured from January 1 through December 31) was 1921, when we totalled only 17.91". But the past 365 days are easily much drier than that. It doesn't go into the record books, because it didn't start on January 1st, but the past year's rainfall was one and a half inches less than the driest year in our history. And even worse, it doesn't appear as if we have any hope for rain any time soon.
post #17 of 17
Ew 24 days of rain, you poor things! Your kitties must be really fed up too if they go out as they would get wet paws, and I know Villy HATES the rain!

It was really cold and icy here this morning , here's some sunshine for you to blast away the rain
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › A strange thing happened this morning