TheCatSite.com › Forums › Feral Cats and Rescue › Cats S.O.S › I know, I know.... I can't save them all! :(
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I know, I know.... I can't save them all! :(

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Well, the restaurant that I work at is in a shopping center. With a huge parking lot, and being located pretty close to homes, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I saw a kitty hangin out in the parking lot right in front of the restaurant last night.

But I am bothered.
It was an all black kitty (making it worse because it was night time) and looked pretty big. If I had to guess I would say around 2-3 years old. No collar. I went outside and called to it and it just stopped and stared at me. I knew it was looking for food. So I told David to run to the kitchen and get some chicken breast (cooked, of course). He came back with it but by then the cat had run away from me. It seemed to be a feral. It was very scared to come near me. But as it ran away, a car in the parking lot almost hit it. I turned my head away because I was so sure it was going to get hit. But it didnt. I saw it this morning again just sitting in the parking lot. It again, ran from me.
I just want to help it!!!!!!!!
What can I do if it wont let me catch it?
post #2 of 15
I would get a live trap and put it out somehow. I hope you can get this guy and help him!
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by menagerie mama
I would get a live trap and put it out somehow. I hope you can get this guy and help him!

Okay.. where do I get a live trap?
post #4 of 15
I think one of the Humane Societies will rent them out? Here they do...or, is there a cat rescue group near you, they'd have one. You can borrow mine!
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by menagerie mama
I think one of the Humane Societies will rent them out? Here they do...or, is there a cat rescue group near you, they'd have one. You can borrow mine!

This is such a small town! The only thing we have here is a Animal Control.
And I wouldn't bring any animal in need to them! they are horrible here!
It takes them forever to take care of something "called in"!
I will call them tomorrow and see if I could drive over and pick one up. Ohhh I hope so.
I wish I could borrow yours!
post #6 of 15
Good luck, they should be able to help you, I hope!
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Cat-Fan
This is such a small town! The only thing we have here is a Animal Control.
And I wouldn't bring any animal in need to them! they are horrible here!
It takes them forever to take care of something "called in"!
I will call them tomorrow and see if I could drive over and pick one up. Ohhh I hope so.
I wish I could borrow yours!
Sometimes vet offices have humane traps..you may want to check. The other thing you can do is buy a humane trap online.

Katie
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNR1
Sometimes vet offices have humane traps..you may want to check. The other thing you can do is buy a humane trap online.

Katie
Really? I could buy one online?
I will try the vets office first.
Thanks.
post #9 of 15
Oh, that's right we got ours on Ebay!
post #10 of 15
sometimes feed stores have them too. i don't know it that is what they are called all over but I got mine from a grain and feed store.
post #11 of 15
i live in a small town also and we can get traps from the local police station they lend them to you for about a week and anything you catch they will take from you and take it out to the lake area and let them go ( of course this is mostly raccoons, possums foxes stuff that lives in the booneys lol) you might check with yous and see if they do this also. just a suggestion good luck
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Cat-Fan
Okay.. where do I get a live trap?
you can buy different sizes of live traps at different hardware stores or farm equiptment stores.

Good luck!
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Thanks everyone!
I woke up late this morning but Im getting dressed and I think Im just gonna buy one. That way I will have it whenever I need it.
I will let everyone know how it goes with catching this "little booger"
Though David already said if I catch him/her I cant keep it!!
Which I understand. We have alot going on right now. Getting ready to open the restaurant and moving 10 hours away.
I just want him/her safe. And out of that busy parking lot!
I'll keep yall updated.
post #14 of 15
[quote=Big-Cat-Fan]I cant keep it![quote]
Yeah, good luck with that! J/K but keep us posted!
post #15 of 15
Good luck!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cats S.O.S
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Feral Cats and Rescue › Cats S.O.S › I know, I know.... I can't save them all! :(