TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Frankie
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Frankie

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Thanks to Pat I will soon be a mother too Frankie ...

Frankie is gaining wt well from what Pat told me ....


I need a list of all the favorite brands of wet foods, I plan to try a little of every thing..I am open to alot just no by products no corn and no chemical pres... I have alot of senior canned which wont work...

Frankie and I thank you in advance
post #2 of 18
I didn't realize you were getting Frankie! Congrats! I can't give you any food advice you haven't already given me!!
post #3 of 18
my cats won't eat anything but natural balance. good luck with your new kitty!
post #4 of 18
Thread Starter 
Okay so far my list has eagle pack , nutro , natural balence and merrick( when I can get it)... any more??
post #5 of 18
Wellness? A co-worker of mine gave me a can to try today since I'm starting them on canned food. It was turkey and salmon flavored and they LOVED it! It's kinda pricey though, but I think the ingredients looked good?
post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by menagerie mama
Wellness? A co-worker of mine gave me a can to try today since I'm starting them on canned food. It was turkey and salmon flavored and they LOVED it! It's kinda pricey though, but I think the ingredients looked good?
I could be wrong but I think wellness has garlic and I stay away from garlic ..
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky
I could be wrong but I think wellness has garlic and I stay away from garlic ..
Yes it does - sure wish it didn't, I like the rest of the ingredients!
I'm a bit of brain dead at the moment as you know, so no suggestions at the moment.

Will know how much weight Frankie has gained after her next checkup next Monday.
post #8 of 18
Yes, it does, and why don't you like garlic in food? I agree, it looks great otherwise, and the stuff smells good! I'd eat it on a cracker!
post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by menagerie mama
Yes, it does, and why don't you like garlic in food? I agree, it looks great otherwise, and the stuff smells good! I'd eat it on a cracker!
Garlic being an onion relative can cause anemia and be fatel ... amount differs cat to cat but I choose just not to serve it to be safe
post #10 of 18
My girls and I strongly support and recommend Innova canned.
post #11 of 18
Thread Starter 
Stephanie
Thank it is added...
post #12 of 18
i don't know where you live, but my kitty eats cat food from trader joe's, an organic grocery store around here. only in america though, i think. the ingredients are good and the price is decent.
post #13 of 18
Thread Starter 
In my area we are petitioning Trader Joes to come in ... but so far no luck
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky
Garlic being an onion relative can cause anemia and be fatel ... amount differs cat to cat but I choose just not to serve it to be safe
Good to know! I knew about onions but didn't realize garlic would be included.
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by menagerie mama
Good to know! I knew about onions but didn't realize garlic would be included.
Shannon, just so you don't feel alone, I didn't know either!

As far as canned food goes, my girls loved Newman's Own, but the stinking pet store quit carrying it. Apparently no one wants to pay $2 can for it. I would have. My two little blockheads got a pouch of Nutro Indoor yesterday. Apparently they liked it better than the normal Nutro pouches. They won't eat any of the Nutro except the Indoor. It's a crying shame I only bought 4 pouches & I have used up 2. I have a gazillion pouches of the normal Nutro stuff. You've gotta love their smart little minds! It is amazing how much smarter they are than me!

You can order Merrick from:
www.merrickpetcare.com
post #16 of 18
[quote=white cat lover]Shannon, just so you don't feel alone, I didn't know either! [quote]
Thanks!!
post #17 of 18
Thread Starter 
I didnt know either ... though I wasnt feeding garlic to cats I was the dog ...
post #18 of 18
Quote:
As far as canned food goes, my girls loved Newman's Own, but the stinking pet store quit carrying it. Apparently no one wants to pay $2 can for it. I would have.
We did too. But then Pushy developed UTIs and now has to be on Hill's Science Diet instead. And Wiggies is on Hill's z/d.
They both loved the Newman's though - wet & dry.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Health
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Frankie