TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I quit!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I quit!! - Page 2

post #31 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis
Im actually doing really good.

and one chewed up pen cap lol
Whatever it takes, right?
Great job so far, please keep it up and please keep us posted!!!!!
post #32 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis

and one chewed up pen cap lol
At least plastic doesn't yellow your teeth!

Good job!!!
post #33 of 56
Oh, and I'm impressed! On a diet & quitting at the same time huh? Wow you go girl!!!



Or do you always eat healthy like that??
Or, does it help you quit smoking somehow? I can't see how it would, but hey I don't know..
post #34 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiecat3
Oh, and I'm impressed! On a diet & quitting at the same time huh? Wow you go girl!!!



Or do you always eat healthy like that??
Or, does it help you quit smoking somehow? I can't see how it would, but hey I don't know..
i just figured if i am going to torture my body for the better i might as well get in the habit of doing all this at the same time lol im more motivated this way i don't have to focus on just one thing (ADHD lol)

BTW you guys are all great! I don't honestly think I would feel this good about doing this if it werent for yall. I don't have much of a support system here (its sad I know) so yall are gonna have to be my rock
my friend came over tonight and asked me if i wanted to go outside and smoke. I went outside and swept the sidewalk and porch while she smoked. I told her I quit and she looked at me like yeah right .. I'll show her lol
post #35 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis
my friend came over tonight and asked me if i wanted to go outside and smoke. I went outside and swept the sidewalk and porch while she smoked. I told her I quit and she looked at me like yeah right .. I'll show her lol
Yeah, don't let that shake you. Good luck quitting that disgusting habit! Is your hubby a non smoker?
post #36 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe
Yeah, don't let that shake you. Good luck quitting that disgusting habit! Is your hubby a non smoker?
yes hes never home though. i get to see hi m about once maybe twice a week. (he taking care of his dad whos ill)
post #37 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis
yes hes never home though. i get to see hi m about once maybe twice a week. (he taking care of his dad whos ill)
With a guy who cares that much about the people around him, I bet he'll be jumping for joy that you are quitting.
post #38 of 56
Congrats on quiting the death stick!
post #39 of 56
Keep up the good work. Cold turkey is the way to go. Here is a good support site: http://www.quitnet.com/

And keep seeing yourself as a nonsmoker.
post #40 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe
With a guy who cares that much about the people around him, I bet he'll be jumping for joy that you are quitting.
he actually asked me to quit 3 years ago ... i tried several times and kept failing i kept using life as my reason to smoke. "my moms deathly sick, im depressed, i got mad and needed a release" I just don't have any excuses anymore. I need to do this not only for me but for my family as welll. I was at my moms side when she took her last painful breath and succumbed to the copd and lung cancer and empsyhema. I don't want to do that to my family! I hope that I am quitting early enough to maybe fix some of the damage I have caused myself.
post #41 of 56
Well you have plenty of support i hope you are doing well at quitting!!
post #42 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis
he actually asked me to quit 3 years ago ... i tried several times and kept failing i kept using life as my reason to smoke. "my moms deathly sick, im depressed, i got mad and needed a release" I just don't have any excuses anymore. I need to do this not only for me but for my family as welll. I was at my moms side when she took her last painful breath and succumbed to the copd and lung cancer and empsyhema. I don't want to do that to my family! I hope that I am quitting early enough to maybe fix some of the damage I have caused myself.
Wow... I hope that continues to offer some inspiration to quit. Good luck!
post #43 of 56
Thread Starter 
well today has gone by and so far i have only actualy thought to myself " id like to have a smoke right about now" 2 times!!!!! I have chewed 3 pieces of gum and had..nevermind..we wont talk about the diet i totally blew it today lol. i will try to make up for it by being good for dinner lol. they turned my pone off today (its a good thing i changed my email already back to my yahoo lol. grrr i hate not having a job. i finished cleaning the house today though YAY! gotta go fix dinner be back later... maybe
post #44 of 56
I wish you luck!!! I wish I had your will power!!
post #45 of 56
Sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up! Another day down!

Way to Go!
post #46 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis
.. I'll show her lol
Yes!

You are on the right track, keep going, we're all routing for you!!!



^^^^^^^^^^^^Exactly!^^^^^^^^^^^^^
post #47 of 56
Yahoo! I bought some patches today. I think they will help because I smoke so little but can't seem to kick just that small amount. So we'll quit together!!



post #48 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!
Yahoo! I bought some patches today. I think they will help because I smoke so little but can't seem to kick just that small amount. So we'll quit together!!



yay!!!

I wish you all the luck in the world. "We can quit together"
thats cool!!!!!!

i have found that it actually hasn't been that difficult except when i get upset or the kids start getting on my nerves lol thats when i really want one. as long as i stay busy i am fine its when im bored that i really want to smoke bad!!
post #49 of 56
Congratulations and way to go!!!! You can do it!
post #50 of 56
So how are you doing now? Still smoke-free? I hope so! But man, this quitting smoking thing is HARD!

I guess I can officially say that I've quit as well. Last one was on Saturday. I've been irritable all week, but I'm trying really hard to recognize it and laugh at myself. What I didn't expect is that I would be so HUNGRY! I thought it was just supposed to be the hand-to-mouth thing that made people gain weight, but I don't think it is.
post #51 of 56
I quit smoking most succesfully by taking zyban. I smoked 2 packs of kools a day.... I quit for 4 years and then got a really nasty divorce, which I am sorry to say I started again. When I quit again, which is soon(I have been non smoker as long as a smoker) I will go on zyban again..It works!!!!!
post #52 of 56
I'm rooting for you! Your loved ones, including your cats will thank you for it!

Go you!
post #53 of 56
Thread Starter 
sorry I havent been back on to update i have been really busy lol. ok so

1. diet---crashed out the window lol
2. smoking -- umm well i fell off for a couple days and when i got the headache from smoking again i threw them away and havent had or wanted one since no craving no nothing like i never even started. i don't even miss them. no chewed pen caps or anything.
post #54 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis
2. smoking -- umm well i fell off for a couple days and when i got the headache from smoking again i threw them away and havent had or wanted one since no craving no nothing like i never even started. i don't even miss them. no chewed pen caps or anything.
Good for you! Whatever it takes to make it stick.

Diets, on the other hand......
post #55 of 56
Way to go!!, you can tough it out!
post #56 of 56
Congrats and good luck.

I didn't know if you knew you can download a quit smokings stats counter from the internet. You enter your age, how many cigarettes you smoked per day, how much they cost etc. and then it keeps track of the following....

how many cigaretts you haven't smoked
how much money you have saved
how much time you have added to your life
and it seems like there is one more thing, but I can't remember.

I have a friend who quit (cold turkey) quite a few years ago and I know that stats meter was a huge help for her and it was so much fun to watch the numbers grow. She also joined a quit smoking forum.

Best of luck!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I quit!!