My vet is off until Saturday, but I did just speak with one of her colleagues. The maybe good news is that the cytology report shows that this may just be a degenertive cyst..however excision is still recommended (which we expected to do if there is not cancer in her chest).
The chest x-rays were not as well positioned (she got distraught) as the radiologist would have liked...so it may be enlarged lymph nodes (not good) or a lesion in the left lung - also not good. We are hoping it is xxyz - can't spell it - a benign tumor that is spelled with a t (sounds like thynoma).
So...we've decided to schedule the u/s guided biopsy of the chest - though the final decision rests with my vet who will be in on Saturday. We are not putting her through any procedures if the high likelihood is cancer that has spread to her chest. If we proceed, the u/s is early next week.
To add to this is that one kidney looks abnormal - smaller, bit mis-shapen. If she beats all the odds and does not have cancer, gets through her two surgeries that would then be upcoming, then we'll assess this further. I believe in her bloodwork already done as a preanesthesia assessment for lumpectomy which before the chest tumor was found (the x-rays were being done pre-lumpectomy but then we scraped the lumpectomy when the chest tumor was found), that all values were normal except a sl. elevated blood sugar...so that should mean kidney function values look normal at this time.
That's it in a large nutshell.
In the meantime, someone forgot to tell her she may be terminally ill..she's her usual ebulliant self