TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Candle warmers or flame?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Candle warmers or flame?

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
My mom got me a lighted candle warmer for Christmas. I like the idea, as far as safety goes. With the dog and the cat in the house, plus the kids, I know the warmer plate is safer (as long as it's someplace they can't knock over all that hot wax).
However, I miss the lighted candle!!! This plate has a blue light on it that illuminates the candle, but it's just not the same.
Anyone else use these warmers?
post #2 of 17
Im a huge candle fan and i have a couple of those warmer but they are not lighted i miss my candles soooo much if i want to light one i susally have to do it while the cats are in another room and can't get out into the main part of the house. i usually put te cats in my bedroom (18x20) while we eat or when the kids are doing thier homework so that is when i light my candles
post #3 of 17
I use a normal candle...with flame. I never leave it unattended though..an we have had a few whisker singes..and loki's tail..once..
post #4 of 17
I've never used the candle warmers..they look pretty neat though.
post #5 of 17
My daughter in law gave me one in July for my birthday. I liked it, but the odor of the candle made me sneeze. Most scented ones do me that way.
post #6 of 17
i have no idea what candle warmers are
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan
i have no idea what candle warmers are
they are kind of like mini hot plates that you plug in they warm the candle from the bottam and melt the wax so you still get the scent but you don't have to worry about a open flame.
post #8 of 17
wow thats cool, so you can use it over and over again?
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan
wow thats cool, so you can use it over and over again?
yes you just set the candle (in a jar) on top and plug it in and your done! its great i used them when i was babysitting so i didn't have to worry about little fingers getting burned. it only gets hot enough to melt the wax.
post #10 of 17
I've seen candle warmers, but I know it just wouldn't be the same. I love to watch the flickering flame of the fire and smell the gradual intensity of scented burning candles.
post #11 of 17
My aunt has one of those candle warmers and it's nice but I prefer the flame. That being said, I can't leave it unattended and you shouldn't any way. Gandalf has melted his whiskers before sniffing the candles.
post #12 of 17
My Mom sent me a battery operated candle! It is awesome! Its made out of wax, scented, and has a hole down the center with a "wick" just like a real candle after it burned for a little while. The only difference is the battery compartment on the bottom. The light inside flickers just like a real candle. You cannot tell the difference.
post #13 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcat
My Mom sent me a battery operated candle! It is awesome! Its made out of wax, scented, and has a hole down the center with a "wick" just like a real candle after it burned for a little while. The only difference is the battery compartment on the bottom. The light inside flickers just like a real candle. You cannot tell the difference.
Oh, now that would be much better! I just can't get into this heating my candle up on a hot plate!
post #14 of 17
I received one of the candle warmers for Christmas also, but I haven't tried it yet.
post #15 of 17
My dad says they look like toilet seats. Of course, he waits until we are in a busy store to loudy declare this. Good thing I am used to his public embarrasement tricks!
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcat
My Mom sent me a battery operated candle! It is awesome! Its made out of wax, scented, and has a hole down the center with a "wick" just like a real candle after it burned for a little while. The only difference is the battery compartment on the bottom. The light inside flickers just like a real candle. You cannot tell the difference.
I saw one of these at Brookstone Christmas Day (I was at the casino where the stores are open) and thought it was a dumb idea until yesterday, when DH (dumb-a** hubby) left a tart burner going all day while we were shopping. I didn't even know he had it going when we left! Thank god it didnt light the house on fire.
post #17 of 17
Oh, I love candles. We sometimes use candle warmers and we love it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Candle warmers or flame?