TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › My kittens are getting fixed tomorrow..nervous now!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My kittens are getting fixed tomorrow..nervous now!

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
Here I was all gung-ho to get my kittens fixed and now I'm a nervous wreck. I'm worried something could go wrong or they will tear out their stitches or SOMETHING. I've been cuddling them all night. At least they'll be together!
Wish them luck!
post #2 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiethecat
Here I was all gung-ho to get my kittens fixed and now I'm a nervous wreck. I'm worried something could go wrong or they will tear out their stitches or SOMETHING. I've been cuddling them all night. At least they'll be together!
Wish them luck!
Good Luck!! I'm sure it will be fine. Is the vet using dissolving stitches?

Katie
post #3 of 17
Don't really think they will need it, but if only for the worried cat-parents sake, I'm wishing your furbabies a safe surgery & a quick recovery! Good luck to them!

But please, don't fret too much. If you worry a lot, they might sense this and be concerned and scared, too! Really, cats know this stuff. Everything will go smoothly, and they will be fine, okay?

And the thing about the stitches, well my cats did try and pick and chew them out a bit but it's easy to get fixed up at the vet's when you need to. And dissolving stitches are a good idea, if possible. Now just try to relax, remember worrying doesn't help. But I'm glad to see you care so much about your furbabies!!

A ton of us on TCS have been through all this worrying and we understand, keep us updated, I would like to know when they are done and how they are doing!
post #4 of 17
I have four cats, and for each one of them I have cried after leaving the building to get them fixed. It's very hard, but they are all alive, healthy, and well Good luck for your kitties and yourself! And try not to fret too much, the procedure is more common than the "common" cold
post #5 of 17
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the support. I'm sure all will go well. I don't know what type of stitches he will use,hopefully disolving. I'll have to ask him in the morning. I hate restricting their food,but its needed obviously. Boy will they holler and follow me around in the morning wanting their breakfast! At least its not going to be an overnighter! I"ll let you know how it went.Thanks.
post #6 of 17
Best of luck. I get kind of nervous, too, when my kitties get spayed or neutered. But it truly has to be done, for their health, and to prevent unwanted kittens. Best of luck to the boys, as they go for their vet visit. It will be all done before you know it!
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiecat3
Don't really think they will need it, but if only for the worried cat-parents sake, I'm wishing your furbabies a safe surgery & a quick recovery! Good luck to them!

But please, don't fret too much. If you worry a lot, they might sense this and be concerned and scared, too! Really, cats know this stuff. Everything will go smoothly, and they will be fine, okay?

And the thing about the stitches, well my cats did try and pick and chew them out a bit but it's easy to get fixed up at the vet's when you need to. And dissolving stitches are a good idea, if possible. Now just try to relax, remember worrying doesn't help. But I'm glad to see you care so much about your furbabies!!

A ton of us on TCS have been through all this worrying and we understand, keep us updated, I would like to know when they are done and how they are doing!
post #8 of 17
We've all been there and can really relate to your feelings. I was a nervous wreck with my girls as well! Your babies are going to sail right through their procedure! Please keep us updated how everything progresses tomorrow and how they're feeling! Sending lots of peace your way!
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiethecat
I hate restricting their food,but its needed obviously. Boy will they holler and follow me around in the morning wanting their breakfast!
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiethecat
Thanks for the support. I'm sure all will go well. I don't know what type of stitches he will use,hopefully disolving. I'll have to ask him in the morning. I hate restricting their food,but its needed obviously. Boy will they holler and follow me around in the morning wanting their breakfast! At least its not going to be an overnighter! I"ll let you know how it went.Thanks.

I hated restricting their food as well, but for my adult female, she got into her food, (she's too smart for her own good), and I didn't realize it. Well she had her operation the next day and she started throwing up after surgery, the vet just let her sit with her nose in her throw up and her mouth was filled with it, I was so pissed off, and he couldn't even provide me with a good excuse, so I got all her shots for free. I took her home and cleaned her up, man it was the only time I took one of my cats to a private practice and he couldn't even keep an eye on her. But now she's happy and active and well so I'm thankful for that much.
post #11 of 17
Aw, your babies will do great, I just know it!
post #12 of 17
I worried and cried too....but both of our "boys" did just fine. The hardest part for me was leaving them overnight.....just think how joyful it will be to bring them home tomorrow....and you do know that you are doing it for their own good. Let us know when you get them back home and they are all snuggly safe in your arms again.
Linda
post #13 of 17
I was a wreck when my two went in, but they were home before I knew it. I even called the vets office the day after the surgery and I was told that they were running around the office playing with the vet techs. Cats do very well with spay/neuter surgery. It'll all be over before you know it.
post #14 of 17
My girls and I look forward to hearing how well your kitties are feeling!
post #15 of 17
Thread Starter 
Well,good grief,I feel like a dork. I get my threads moved around more than anyone I think.I thought I was correct in putting it where I did,but I ended up in the lounge.If there is anything I am missing here,please fill me in.

Anyway, Smokie and Bagel are home now. I don't think they feel very good. I put them in the bathroom where their litterbox is,along with a blanket and some water/food. The female immediately used the litter box. They are laying down very quietly...not getting up and moving at all. When the female walked to her litterbox she wobbled....is this normal?????????
I also had the vet give them their last set of shots, their rabies and he gave them a treatment of revolution. I was expecting to have to try to keep them from running all over but that doesn't seem to be the case. I will keep a close eye on them overnight and hope they feel better in the morning. I hope you all see my message since its been moved.
I was pleased that I got a multiple kitten discount so for all of the above,and including their neuter and spay, I paid $105. Not too bad.
The vet was totally done with their surgeries by 10am. Its now 6pm. Is the anthesetic(sp?) still in their systems?
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiethecat
The vet was totally done with their surgeries by 10am. Its now 6pm. Is the anthesetic(sp?) still in their systems?
Probably. Cable & Java both were pretty sleepy the afternoon & evening of their spays. they both had morning surgery, & i picked them up that afternoon. but by the next morning, they were both pretty much back to normal.
post #17 of 17
Thread Starter 
JUst another update. I stayed home today since my kids have break and this morning when the kittens (or I guess I)woke up,they are acting a lot better.The female is not "wobbling" and they ate a nice breakfast. They are being quieter than normal,but they are moving around,scratched at their post and smokie was carrying around his little toy mouse. So they are doing much better. In a day or two I'll probably not even know the difference! Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › My kittens are getting fixed tomorrow..nervous now!