TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Cats and Other Animals › 126lb dog attacked by 8lb kitten
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

126lb dog attacked by 8lb kitten

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Our son and his family came today and brought their dogs. Milly (a Mastiff)
met Chloe our 8mth. old kitten and backed off crying with a scratch on her nose.

[IMG][/IMG]

She was on her leash all the time (just in case!) but she is one of the nicest natured dogs I have met. she is a rescue dog and was very under weight when they got her, but she is now about right and very happy to have a home.

Anne

PS she is also one of the ugliest dogs I have ever seen!
post #2 of 18
awwww. I love big dogs!! Shes beautiful lol. Way to go kitty! standing up for yourself and showing her who is boss of the house!
post #3 of 18
She looks like Ludo from Labyrinth!!!
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by menagerie mama
She looks like Ludo from Labyrinth!!!


hahahaha my kids watched that this morning and your right she does kinda look like him but i thought he was kinda cute too for a monster lol
post #5 of 18
Oh I think she is pretty!!! I would kiss her boo-boo on her nose that big ol' (little), mean kitty gave her.
post #6 of 18
Wow good on your baby kitten!

Poor big doggie, though, must have scared the daylights out of her! Mastiffs are VERY strong VERY big dogs, though, so looks like you did the right thing all round.
post #7 of 18
What a beautiful Bullmastiff! Chloe must be a No Fear kind of kitty!
post #8 of 18
Brewster, my mother's 160-pound Great Dane, is afraid of kittens, too. He will cower behind my dad.
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakat
Our son and his family came today and brought their dogs. Milly (a Mastiff)
met Chloe our 8mth. old kitten and backed off crying with a scratch on her nose.

[IMG][/IMG]

She was on her leash all the time (just in case!) but she is one of the nicest natured dogs I have met. she is a rescue dog and was very under weight when they got her, but she is now about right and very happy to have a home.

Anne

PS she is also one of the ugliest dogs I have ever seen!
I think she is gorgeous
post #10 of 18
haha you have to watch out for those viscious kittens! Poor Milly!
post #11 of 18
Aw, poor Milly. Don't call her ugly, she's lovely.

The incident reminds me of one a good number of years ago now, when a bunch of us were at the home of a mutual friend, who had a dog, Barney, and a cat, Willy. One of the guests used to take his dog, Perse, everywhere, and Barney was a very good host, shared his bones, etc. On the evening in question, Willy was snoozing on a rocker, diagonally opposite Perse's human, who was seated in the corner of a sectional sofa, with a largish coffee table between him and the rocker. Perse was padding around, as was her wont, and paused for a brief sniff at the sleeping cat, who was awake and raking poor Perse's nose before she knew what had happened. With an agonized yelp, Perse rose about three feet in the air, did a 180, and flew across the coffee table into her human's lap. Oh, I forgot to mention that Perse was a Briard -- a French sheepdog -- large. There was a great deal of mirth at Perse's expense, while Willy just tucked her head in and went back to sleep. Perse's only lasting injury was to her pride.
post #12 of 18
I don't think she's ugly at all..I think she is really cute!! Poor baby, I always think dog noses seem so sensitive, I feel bad when they get scratched.
post #13 of 18
The only Siamese I ever owned would go for dogs. When only six months old he once attacked a Doberman Pinscher who backed off with a very surprised look on his face!
post #14 of 18
Poor Milly! She looks like a nice dog. Good for kitty for standing up for herself!
A few years before Fred went to the Bridge, we were living out in the country, and I heard this God awful howling and hissing, just knew something was being killed in the yard. I ran out, and Fred was riding a huge Chow down the driveway, with his claws stuck into this poor dog's head, teeth sunk into an ear, sitting on him like a little rodeo cowboy. It was hilarious! We never saw that dog, or any other in our yard again.
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kat2
Poor Milly! She looks like a nice dog. Good for kitty for standing up for herself!
A few years before Fred went to the Bridge, we were living out in the country, and I heard this God awful howling and hissing, just knew something was being killed in the yard. I ran out, and Fred was riding a huge Chow down the driveway, with his claws stuck into this poor dog's head, teeth sunk into an ear, sitting on him like a little rodeo cowboy. It was hilarious! We never saw that dog, or any other in our yard again.
Guess the news got around to the other dogs in the neigbourhood about the ferocious kitty, eh?
post #16 of 18
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I'm sorry, I just find this hilarious. I guess the dog has figured out who's boss. But I think your puppy is very cute, not ugly at all!
post #17 of 18
That's hilarious.

We had a German Shepard for a while, and he liked to chase cats. He wasn't too bright though. We had wrought iron fance seperating the dog from the pool area. He decided to chase Princess one day, so she ran to the gate. As she bounded through the gate, she spun in the air so she was facing him. He stuck his black nose through the gate, and then he brought it back out red. I felt pretty bad; he was whimpering for a while.

Needless to say, from then on he allowed Princess and Patches to sleep in the trenches he dug in the yard.
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel47
Aw, poor Milly. Don't call her ugly, she's lovely.

The incident reminds me of one a good number of years ago now, when a bunch of us were at the home of a mutual friend, who had a dog, Barney, and a cat, Willy. One of the guests used to take his dog, Perse, everywhere, and Barney was a very good host, shared his bones, etc. On the evening in question, Willy was snoozing on a rocker, diagonally opposite Perse's human, who was seated in the corner of a sectional sofa, with a largish coffee table between him and the rocker. Perse was padding around, as was her wont, and paused for a brief sniff at the sleeping cat, who was awake and raking poor Perse's nose before she knew what had happened. With an agonized yelp, Perse rose about three feet in the air, did a 180, and flew across the coffee table into her human's lap. Oh, I forgot to mention that Perse was a Briard -- a French sheepdog -- large. There was a great deal of mirth at Perse's expense, while Willy just tucked her head in and went back to sleep. Perse's only lasting injury was to her pride.
That is just hilarious! As is the story of Fred running off a Chow!

We have an akita named Misty, and years ago we brought in a kitten that we found outside. The kitten, Scout, must have been about 8-10 weeks old. She was tiny. I let Misty check her out, because Mist is always very cautious about approaching kittens without scaring them.

Scout was back under a chair, where she could easily back up if frightened. But when Misty slowly approached, Scout jumped on her head (Fred style!). What a ruckus, as Misty tried to shake her off. Misty has always been fine with any cat we ever had, but she always hated Scout from that day on. They co-existed, but there was no love lost between those two!

Thanks for sharing the story of your "attack kitten". I'm glad the mastiff (Milly) was so good to your kitten!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cats and Other Animals
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Cats and Other Animals › 126lb dog attacked by 8lb kitten