TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Don't need a diagnosis...Just ideas.....(long)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Don't need a diagnosis...Just ideas.....(long) - Page 3

post #61 of 83
This was me reading your news... Freeking idiot is RIGHT! I'm so sorry Yinny! You poor baby! Bridget, I'm certain you will get things under control now, but to be on the safe side, I would take a stool sample in and have it checked for the regular parasites anyway, just to have piece of mind where that's concerned. It's not too expensive (I'm guessing...the giardia one is more $) and just to have it free and clear of your mind, it's worth it...I'll send you the $ if you need it! Good luck, I have been thinking about you and Yinny!!!
post #62 of 83
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by menagerie mama
This was me reading your news... Freeking idiot is RIGHT! I'm so sorry Yinny! You poor baby! Bridget, I'm certain you will get things under control now, but to be on the safe side, I would take a stool sample in and have it checked for the regular parasites anyway, just to have piece of mind where that's concerned. It's not too expensive (I'm guessing...the giardia one is more $) and just to have it free and clear of your mind, it's worth it...I'll send you the $ if you need it! Good luck, I have been thinking about you and Yinny!!!

Thank you sooo much shannon....No worries about money......I will most likely be bringing in a stool sample next week anyway...The vet siggested waiting anyways so all the medication wouldnt counteract.........Its very sweet of you to offer the $ though....

Though I told my kits they better not get sick this month.......
post #63 of 83
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix
Wow...she is lucky to have you in her corner. .

Its funny...I am always trying to get into TNR and feral rescue...etc....But I just can't find the time...I am too busy trying to save all the cats that DO have homes
post #64 of 83
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix
Unfortunately I can believe this

That is sooooo sad....I am just sooo embaressed and enraged by this situation.....


By the way...When i go over to give the sweet kit a bath..I will get some pictures, so you all can see where your prayers and well wishes are going to
post #65 of 83
The poor baby - good that the prognosis is looking good for her though, and she is so lucky that someone is finally going to get her sorted. Have everything crossed, and would love to see some pics.
post #66 of 83
Looking forward to seeing pictures - bet she will enjoy this extra attention of the bath/grooming a lot
post #67 of 83
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by booktigger
The poor baby - good that the prognosis is looking good for her though, and she is so lucky that someone is finally going to get her sorted. Have everything crossed, and would love to see some pics.

Thank-you.....though i dont deserve the praise...I am only doing what any sane and rational person would do......

But after this week i tend to believe the sane and rational are a dying breed
post #68 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula11
Thank-you.....though i dont deserve the praise...I am only doing what any sane and rational person would do......

But after this week i tend to believe the sane and rational are a dying breed
I don't think they are a dying breed. Just randomly scattered among us, meaning that we don't always run into them.
post #69 of 83
You can pat yourself on the back, for digging deep enough to find the truth about what was really going on with this cat.
Even though alot of people don't care about their pets and let them suffer needlessly, you helped this one.
That's one to tick off the long list and you can take some pride and satisfaction in that.
post #70 of 83
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals
You can pat yourself on the back, for digging deep enough to find the truth about what was really going on with this cat.
Even though alot of people don't care about their pets and let them suffer needlessly, you helped this one.
That's one to tick off the long list and you can take some pride and satisfaction in that.
....geeze thanx......

Anything for the kitties.......
post #71 of 83
Thread Starter 
Here are those pics of Yinny I promised....She is sooo pretty....I hope you enjoy...and now you have a sweet face to direct your prayers at

Here my friend Jim holding Yinny


Heres John and Yinny






post #72 of 83
She is such a pretty girl!
post #73 of 83
Thread Starter 
Well Yinny's accidents have gone from 5-6 a day to a meare 1 every other day....

So since she is only being weened on the new food, we think that she may have had parasites....since the only new meds she is on is Panocur....We will be talking to the vet on Tuesday and deciding where to go from there......

I will let you know how everything goes...But for now she seems to be greatly improving
post #74 of 83
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix
She is such a pretty girl!

Isn't she???.....
post #75 of 83
She is pretty and am glad she seems to be doing better.
post #76 of 83
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by booktigger
She is pretty and am glad she seems to be doing better.

Thank you.....You well wishes mean a lot believe me....
post #77 of 83
She is a beauty. I'm glad it is something manageable. The cancer diagnosis is scary (I've been through it twice). Hope you, Yinny and the rest of your family have a good new year.
post #78 of 83
so glad to hear of Yinny's improvement - & she is a gorgeous kitty! i'm sure she'll continue to improve, since she's being treated appropriately for the 1st time! sounds like she really needs a new home... with someone who'll do right by her
post #79 of 83
I just saw the picutres of Yinny...don't take this the wrong way, I think she's beautiful, but (if I'm seeing the pics correctly) what an odd looking calico! I don't think I've ever seen a calico with GREY on it? I mean I've seen dilute torties or dilute calicos bit never with all the classic calico marks and then GREY...Weird! I love her colors though! I'm so glad to hear she's doing better in your care! You are wonderful to be helping her!!! Keep us posted please!
post #80 of 83
Aw Bridget, poor Yinny with all she's had to go through! I've been reading this thread, but haven't had the opportunity to add anything (I'm ignorant on this subject) She's a beauty, and I hope that you get to keep her safe, or that John's mom at least learns to take care of yinny properly.

PS: she's beautiful, but i've never seen an orange/silver calico either!
post #81 of 83
Thank goodness for your persistance. Such a SIMPLE
diagnosis and it took so long!

She's very beautiful and you are a love too!

You've won your halo!

Lucky little Yinny
post #82 of 83
Thread Starter 
Ok...I just wanted to update you all.....

She finished her pancure, and is completly on the new food, along w/ the 10 milligrams of prednizone.....

And all though there were signs of improvement....Yinny went from 10 accidents a day to 2 a day........Our vet still feels that much more can be done....

She doent want to increase her prednizone....out of fear that she may develop diabetes.....so she has put Yinny on a 10 day treatment of Flagyl...along w/ the 10 mill of prednizone.......

After the 10 days we will reevaluate the situation and if she has not improved the next step is to put her on a kemothrapy drug, which although it is traditionally used for cancer....it is also used on severe cases of IBS as well......

I am hoping though that the flagyl/prednisone combo works because I would hate to have to put her on the kemotherapy drug.........that just seems so scary.......the person administering it has to be super duper careful when handling it......and I have seen people on kemotherapy and would hate to see a poor kitty on it........

I wish this had been discovered before now.....back when it was more treatable...........Oh well what can we do....I guess just our best....right???
post #83 of 83
How's Yinny doing?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Health
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Don't need a diagnosis...Just ideas.....(long)