TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat's Meow › My meowmy is taking me on a plane!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My meowmy is taking me on a plane!!!

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Hi Guys,

I am new here, my name is Danny. My meowmy is Catfriend. She is taking me on an airplane!! I have been on one before and I do NOT like it. The plane is full of noise, stinks and strange humans. Meowmy says that she will hold my carrier on her lap as much as she can, but not for take-off and landing...the plane bosses will make her put me down.
We will be flying for a long time...from Chicago to Portland, Oregon. When we get their I will see my kitty-friends again but why do we have to fly??!! Only birds and bugs fly right oh, and bats. But not kitties!!! Does anyone have any ideas on (1)How I can get through this trip? (2) Instant transport devices like on the space-tv-shows?
Thanks,
your pal,
Danny
post #2 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfriend
Hi Guys,

I am new here, my name is Danny. My meowmy is Catfriend. She is taking me on an airplane!! I have been on one before and I do NOT like it. The plane is full of noise, stinks and strange humans. Meowmy says that she will hold my carrier on her lap as much as she can, but not for take-off and landing...the plane bosses will make her put me down.
We will be flying for a long time...from Chicago to Portland, Oregon. When we get their I will see my kitty-friends again but why do we have to fly??!! Only birds and bugs fly right oh, and bats. But not kitties!!! Does anyone have any ideas on (1)How I can get through this trip? (2) Instant transport devices like on the space-tv-shows?
Thanks,
your pal,
Danny
i think you shud tell your meowmy to get your sum reelee gud drugs so that your can sleep thru alla the skaree stuf - Cable
post #3 of 18
Our little sister Tia flew all by herself all the way from Toronto to California. She was a brave little girl.
post #4 of 18
Hi, Danny! We are happee to haf a new fren. Now we think you juse will be fine. Remember you gots lotsa frens here and other meowmies, too, who are prayin fro you. We love you. Please let us no how you are, ok?
post #5 of 18
Hi Danny! Your meowmy should talk to your vet about some medicines that can help. You can also talk to Tia - like Bijou said. She flew allllllll alone by herself!

Oh, and make sure you pack a comfy blanky or toy with you in your carrier. It might help.
Ari
post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
Hi Fur-Friends,
Thanks for the advice, Meowmy has some little pills the vet gave her, so I guess I will try those. The problem is we have something called a lay-over at a place called Oh, Hare. (This seems like a lie to me. I don't think there are any bunnies or lie-down naps involved!! )
I will think of Tia and try to be brave
Your Pal,
Danny
post #7 of 18
If it's possible my meowmy says not to take pills. Sometimes when kitty's take the pills, when the pills wear off the kitty kind of goes ballistic and gets more scared. If you are travelling with your meowmy I bet you will be a good, brave kitty even if you are a little scared by all the noises and stuff.
post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite
If it's possible my meowmy says not to take pills. Sometimes when kitty's take the pills, when the pills wear off the kitty kind of goes ballistic and gets more scared. If you are travelling with your meowmy I bet you will be a good, brave kitty even if you are a little scared by all the noises and stuff.
Hmmm...Well I did not take any medicine when I first came over on the plane, so maybe Meowmy can take them with her "in case of emergency". In truth, the idea of taking something kinda scares Meowmy and me.
Thanks Fur-Friends
Danny
post #9 of 18
hi danny, this tia, i am the lil kitty that flew from toronto to california to get to my furever meomwy. it is some skary but you is going to have yur meowmy there and i did it all by myself so if i, a lil girl kitty, can do it, you a big brave boy kitty can, rite? we is all rooting for you to be brave and have a good flite, yur new friend tia
post #10 of 18
Ah, lil sweet Danny, we herd of Oh Hare! Is a BIG airport. U be ok. Layover kinda like a brake for the pilot.
we think....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfriend
Hi Fur-Friends,
Thanks for the advice, Meowmy has some little pills the vet gave her, so I guess I will try those. The problem is we have something called a lay-over at a place called Oh, Hare. (This seems like a lie to me. I don't think there are any bunnies or lie-down naps involved!! )
I will think of Tia and try to be brave
Your Pal,
Danny
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by batgirl2good
Ah, lil sweet Danny, we herd of Oh Hare! Is a BIG airport. U be ok. Layover kinda like a brake for the pilot.
we think....
Danny - you are ridng in the front part wif your meowmy, rite? so during the layovr she can take you to a kwiut spot & talk to you. my meowmy sez she should put a harnes on you cuz then she cud open your carreeyr durin the layovr & pet you to. i hope you hav a gud trip! Cable
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Thanks Everyone,
With all my new friends, I know I can do this! Meowmy and I will be leaving soon. I will report back to say how everything went. Danny
post #13 of 18
(((danny))) we be prayin, ok? S & H
Meowmy Bobbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfriend
Thanks Everyone,
With all my new friends, I know I can do this! Meowmy and I will be leaving soon. I will report back to say how everything went. Danny
post #14 of 18
Oh boy Danny..I hope you have a good trip..I had to go on a big airplane too back in July for a 2 hour flight from London Ontario to Winnipeg Manitoba. The airline said I was too big for the cabin so I had to stay in the cargo hold. It's very loud down there and scary. My meowmy gave me some medicine to help and make me sleepy though..so it helped a little bit.
post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
Hey Everyone! Danny here! I am now back with my Meowmy in our apartment. That means I made the trip twice!! I was very good and calm. I did not even need any medicine! I say on Meowmy's lap and she kept her hand in the carrier almost the whole time. I feel like a real pro now!
"Captain" Danny
post #16 of 18
Wow Danny that is awesome news! What a brave fellow you are.

We're happy you are home safe and sound. Come round to Smudge's Cafe for a nice catnip tea and meet all us kitties there.
post #17 of 18
Hey danny! is nice to see you, and we happee you are here. you had a reel aventure!
post #18 of 18
I went with my meomy on a plane and my vet said absolutely NO meds - no one knows how I would react. So not a good udea. Have a nice blankie, toys and if you have some quiet time, cuddle with meomy! Have fun!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat's Meow
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat's Meow › My meowmy is taking me on a plane!!!