TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care › Very pregnat cat help!!im sooo anxious
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Very pregnat cat help!!im sooo anxious

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I was wondering if any have expirence with there own pregnant cats?
I have 2 one M who was fixed Nov 17 2005( he snuck in one last time lol)
one very pregant F .... I have been seeing and feeling the kittens moving inside of the queen for over a week now!!!! I know the gestation period but cant pinpoint her due date...She cant tolerate the long ride back to the vets! not a good car rider at all.....I live in remote area...
Just wanted to know if she is this far along with that much activity Moving around inside her where I can SEE KITTENS MOVING IN THE BELLY!!! how close is she to her due date or if anyone else has had this expirence and had kittens soon after???? any help would be greatly appreciated !!!
Immmmmm soooo excited!!!!!
post #2 of 17
When you can feel the kittens moving, it usually means about 10 days to go until delivery.
post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 
thanks ..ive felt them about 7 days now should be any day ...im more anxious then the cat~!!! I cant wait to see there cute little faces ...I just LOVE CATS!!!! lol this will be a one and only litter though ,,I had my male cat fixed ....
post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrimah2005
thanks ..ive felt them about 7 days now should be any day ...im more anxious then the cat~!!! I cant wait to see there cute little faces ...I just LOVE CATS!!!! lol this will be a one and only litter though ,,I had my male cat fixed ....
Its a good thing that you are getting her and the kittens neutered. Good luck with everything you made the right decision getting the male fixed.
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrimah2005
thanks ..ive felt them about 7 days now should be any day ...im more anxious then the cat~!!! I cant wait to see there cute little faces ...I just LOVE CATS!!!! lol this will be a one and only litter though ,,I had my male cat fixed ....
Kerrimah...you can safely have your female spayed when the kittens are weaned around 6 to 8 weeks.

Katie
post #6 of 17
Thread Starter 
this will definitely be her one and only litter lol...I had my male cat spayed so this wouldnt happen ....I keep them both indoors ..Its way to dangerous outside..(I live in country) I am going to make sure the family I give them too keep the kittens indoors and have them spayed when the time comes!
although I am just going nuts wanting to see my new KITTENS!!!! Im soo glad I get to keep them for a while its gonna be a little nuts here I guess!~!~ Ill have to figure out how to upload pics when there born!!!
post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrimah2005
this will definitely be her one and only litter lol...I had my male cat spayed so this wouldnt happen ....I keep them both indoors ..Its way to dangerous outside..(I live in country) I am going to make sure the family I give them too keep the kittens indoors and have them spayed when the time comes!
although I am just going nuts wanting to see my new KITTENS!!!! Im soo glad I get to keep them for a while its gonna be a little nuts here I guess!~!~ Ill have to figure out how to upload pics when there born!!!
do some pregnat cats close to delivery just not nest sometimes??? kittys been acting weird today restlesss purring all day making little meows...at me...
post #8 of 17
sounds like she will be having them ANY day now if her behavior has changed. Maybe she knows it isn't quite time so she hasn't started nesting yet. Have you provided her with blankets and boxes and everything?

Just so you know, the kittens can be spayed as young as 8-12 weeks old. So you can have it done BEFORE they go to a new home. Some vets are old fashioned and won't do it that young, so you might have to search around find one that will.
post #9 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen
sounds like she will be having them ANY day now if her behavior has changed. Maybe she knows it isn't quite time so she hasn't started nesting yet. Have you provided her with blankets and boxes and everything?

Just so you know, the kittens can be spayed as young as 8-12 weeks old. So you can have it done BEFORE they go to a new home. Some vets are old fashioned and won't do it that young, so you might have to search around find one that will.
Yes she has lol stuff all around the house ..I even am going to let her have the closet if she wants .... I gave her a couple of nice spots around here soft cozy and warm...
My kittys have the run of the house ..
and Yes we will be making sure they are going to homes that control animail pregnencys .. there are sooo many cats that need good homes that just dont get them.! and I know i cannot handle too many cats!!!
post #10 of 17
Thread Starter 
Is anyone else waiting impatientalli for kittens in the last weeks??i am going nuts waiting lol U swear i was having the kittens myself ..... anyone got any good suggestions to make this anxious mommys wait any easier?? Id love to hear anyone elses thoughts they are having and going through at at cats last weeks of pregnancy!!!!
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrimah2005
Is anyone else waiting impatientalli for kittens in the last weeks??i am going nuts waiting lol U swear i was having the kittens myself ..... anyone got any good suggestions to make this anxious mommys wait any easier?? Id love to hear anyone elses thoughts they are having and going through at at cats last weeks of pregnancy!!!!
This is a bit late in the season and fewer people will be sharing the experience you are going through as kitten season is generally May-October for most northern states. You may want to do a search as we had several individuals in your shoes earlier in the year.

Katie
post #12 of 17
My purri had 2 kittens 10 days ago and I only realised about 5 days before she had them. I noticed she slept a lot lot more than usual about 3 days before the birth but she didn't nest at all! I had some sleepless nights and woke up every time she made a noise. The night/morning she gave birth she let out an almighty yowl so I knew but it took 7 hours after that 1 yowl before the 1st bubba appeared!
post #13 of 17
Thread Starter 
congrats on your kittys!!! I know Im going nuts waiting.....we thought today was the day maybe ...shes been acting different ..running I mean RUNNING to under couches...closets ect ect.....Im not a good waiter lol so this is proving to be a difficult task ..this sight will be the first I will be telling about my new kittys!!
post #14 of 17
I'm new here but I think it's a facinating site and very friendly! Keep the camera handy cos every one loves piccys. I hope she has them soon I watched Purrii every day I probably gave her a complex lol. It was marvelous being there for the birth my first time ever and I was so emotional for days after but so anxious for days before. Good luck and let us know when the happy event arrives.
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by evvywev
My purri had 2 kittens 10 days ago and I only realised about 5 days before she had them. I noticed she slept a lot lot more than usual about 3 days before the birth but she didn't nest at all! I had some sleepless nights and woke up every time she made a noise. The night/morning she gave birth she let out an almighty yowl so I knew but it took 7 hours after that 1 yowl before the 1st bubba appeared!
I do hope you are keeping her indoors. Please keep her indoors until she is spayed.

Katie
post #16 of 17
I promise you I will keep her indoors! I only had her for 7 weeks before she had the babies she was a stray. I am gonna keep the babies and they will all be de sexed but they will all be indoor cats anyway! I live on the 4th floor of a block of flats and they can't reach the buttons in the lift lol!
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by evvywev
I promise you I will keep her indoors! I only had her for 7 weeks before she had the babies she was a stray. I am gonna keep the babies and they will all be de sexed but they will all be indoor cats anyway! I live on the 4th floor of a block of flats and they can't reach the buttons in the lift lol!
That is GREAT to hear. Let's hope they do not learn to jump up and press the buttons of the lift.

Katie
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care › Very pregnat cat help!!im sooo anxious