TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › My Oliver got out!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Oliver got out!

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Thanksgiving morning Oliver got out! He's back and he's fine, THANK GOD. Watching the cats and closing the door is something that people think I am overly cautious about. I told my BF to please help me keep an eye on our Thanksgiving guests so that this would not happen. It wasn't the guests though.

We live in Florida and were taking advantage of the mid 70 degree weather. My BF was going in and out setting up tables outdoors. Our neighbor radioed me (we both have Nextel phone/radios). He said "Are you missing a cat?!"

I flew outside and found Oliver walking back up the stairs. Again, THANK GOD!!! My neighbor saw him snifffing around my car. I would have been a basket case if Oliver was missing. My BF doesn't know how it happened. He is usually very careful.

My neighbor isn't in the back yard very often. He "happened" to be outside when Oliver was. He "happened" to have his radio with him. I "happened" to have mine on. Oliver didn't get scared and run in the other direction. I KNOW this is not a coincidence. THIS was my Thanksgiving miracle! THANK YOU GOD!!!
post #2 of 14
You must have almost had a heartattack!!!, thank goodness he was ok
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mew
You must have almost had a heartattack!!!, thank goodness he was ok
Thank you. Now we need to be even more careful. He sits at the door and meows.
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcat
Thanksgiving morning Oliver got out! He's back and he's fine, THANK GOD. Watching the cats and closing the door is something that people think I am overly cautious about. I told my BF to please help me keep an eye on our Thanksgiving guests so that this would not happen. It wasn't the guests though.

THIS was my Thanksgiving miracle! THANK YOU GOD!!!
OMG!!!! ....He´s not hurt or nothing else??? ...
Poor of you! ...I figured the Big scaried that you have it! when you don´t found to Oliver!...

Thanks to God he back!...and YES I belive too that is a MIRACLE!
post #5 of 14
Phew! That was a close one!
Everyone, including my husband, thinks I'm paranoid about the whole cats-getting-out thing--I think I'm going to show him this thread to say, told ya so!
post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat
OMG!!!! ....He´s not hurt or nothing else??? ...
Poor of you! ...I figured the Big scaried that you have it! when you don´t found to Oliver!...

Thanks to God he back!...and YES I belive too that is a MIRACLE!
He's not hurt at all. Thank you for asking! My BF didn't even see him get out. I saw him just a little while earlier so he couldn't have been out side for more than a half hour. It could have been closer to 5 minutes though. ANY amount of time is a huge risk. We live on a 4 lane road!
post #7 of 14
I'm so glad to hear Oliver is safe!
post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05
Phew! That was a close one!
Everyone, including my husband, thinks I'm paranoid about the whole cats-getting-out thing--I think I'm going to show him this thread to say, told ya so!
My BF is a LOT more aware now. He was usually careful, but thought I was overboard about it. He doesn't feel that way anymore! I would love to live somewhere where there was a little porch at the front door. At least then there would be more protection. Apparently though I have the best protection. I've got God looking out for them! I just have to give credit where credit is due.
post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilcon
I'm so glad to hear Oliver is safe!
Thanks, Eileen!
post #10 of 14
Thank god he didnt do a little escepade like teufel!!
post #11 of 14
Glad he's safe.
post #12 of 14
im glad hes safe and back indoors
post #13 of 14
Oh gosh, it's terrifying, isn't it? About a year ago, my Clyde darted between my feet as I went out the door. He veered to the right and splashed right down into an icy-cold puddle of rainwater about five inches deep! This shocked him so much that I was able to snatch him right up, thank goodness. The whole escape lasted maybe four or five seconds, but my heart must have raced for an hour.

I had to give my little guy a good warm bath (his first!), wrap him up in towels, and run a blowdryer nearby while I held him and warmed him up. Poor little guy! He hasn't seriously tried for the door since!
post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 
Poor Clyde! He must have been ALMOST as scared as you were! I am SO GLAD that he's safe! I bet that did cure him of trying to escape again!

Someone suggested to me that I spray Oliver with the hose when he gets near the door. What bothers me about that is how do I know he wouldn't run OUT instead of in?

Thank you EVERYONE for caring about my "Honeykitty," Oliver!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › My Oliver got out!