TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Ailey almost gave me a heart attack!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ailey almost gave me a heart attack!!!

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
OMG I gave the cats a bath today and Ailey was the last one to go usually when i get done she will run off and hide (cause shes mad at me lol) so when I hadn't seen her in about an hour I didn't think anything about it. I had a friend come over to visit she left about 45 min later and I started cleaning up the kitchen ya know my normal evening routine. i put food out for the cats and normally when i open the container they all come stampeding into the kitchen well Salem and Isis came running but not Ailey (very very not like her ) I started looking around the house and I couldn't find her anywhere. I panicked I had about 4 neighbors over trying to find her. We looked everywhere and could not find her. they gave up and said they had to go. I was hysterical . crying the whole bit. i walked them outside and was thanking them for coming over. i looked across the yard at my neighbors porch and guess what?! I screamed AILEY and she came running over to me. I was bawling so hard i couldn't talk . I was so glad that i found her. i totally grounded her lol. i think when my friend left she accidentally let her out without knowing and since she had just had a bath she was not wearing her collar. i was so scared that she had run of or worse. i live next to a college campus and we always have crazy drivers on this street. im sorry i know this is long but i just needed to share. I was so scared. but now she is sitting on my desk and purring like crazy!
post #2 of 14
awww I'm sorry you got so scared! I can imagine how terrible that feels. Im so glad you found Ailey though!
post #3 of 14
if i was in your shoes i would have been freaked out to and i think i probly would have had a heart attack but i am glad everything worked out fine and she was found.
and miss ailey you should never scare your meowmy like that
post #4 of 14
I take it Ailey is an indoor only kitty. i`d have freaked out too!
I`m glad too that she is found and safe and sound!
Linda
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampit3d
I take it Ailey is an indoor only kitty. i`d have freaked out too!
I`m glad too that she is found and safe and sound!
Linda
Yes all my kitties are indoor only like I mentioned before I live next to a pretty big college and the students drive down our street like they are in a drag race or something.
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
awww I'm sorry you got so scared! I can imagine how terrible that feels. Im so glad you found Ailey though!
.......Is so awful to be in that situation...

Glad to heard that yours Kits are OK!
post #7 of 14
I am glad you found your cat.
post #8 of 14
I'm so glad you found Ailey! Good girl for coming when Meowmy called!! (Mine wouldn't have!)
post #9 of 14
I would have been in a panic, too. It's a good thing she stayed put, and came when you called her!
post #10 of 14
That is scary! Glad you found her safe and sound!
post #11 of 14
I would have totally freaked out too! Trust me, I would NOT come home ,sleep, eat or anything till I found my cat.. thats fersure!
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis
OMG I gave the cats a bath today and Ailey was the last one to go usually when i get done she will run off and hide (cause shes mad at me lol) so when I hadn't seen her in about an hour I didn't think anything about it. I had a friend come over to visit she left about 45 min later and I started cleaning up the kitchen ya know my normal evening routine. i put food out for the cats and normally when i open the container they all come stampeding into the kitchen well Salem and Isis came running but not Ailey (very very not like her ) I started looking around the house and I couldn't find her anywhere. I panicked I had about 4 neighbors over trying to find her. We looked everywhere and could not find her. they gave up and said they had to go. I was hysterical . crying the whole bit. i walked them outside and was thanking them for coming over. i looked across the yard at my neighbors porch and guess what?! I screamed AILEY and she came running over to me. I was bawling so hard i couldn't talk . I was so glad that i found her. i totally grounded her lol. i think when my friend left she accidentally let her out without knowing and since she had just had a bath she was not wearing her collar. i was so scared that she had run of or worse. i live next to a college campus and we always have crazy drivers on this street. im sorry i know this is long but i just needed to share. I was so scared. but now she is sitting on my desk and purring like crazy!
Geesh I KNOW EXACTLY how you felt! Yesterday I had my boys out on harness and leashes and Ben pulled his stunt and jumped over my fence. I immediatly went out (he jumped over the gate to the front yard) to get him but he was sooo happy I told him OK I would take him for a walk BUT had to free his leash first. I started to unwind it from the fence (it was stuck in between my and my neighbors fence) and suddenly Ben did his other stunt. He faced the leash and pulled back and the harness slipped over his head and he took off! I ran up and down the stree calling him but no Ben. It was starting to get dusk and I too paniced! Finally a neighbor from across the street said THERE HE IS smelling a bush! I ran over and grabbed him. I hugged and kissed him (to HIS embarressment) all the way in the house.

I am STILL afraid to let him back out as he is getting too tricky!

It IS so frightening when they pull this on us, and I am so glad we BOTH got our babies back!
post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBabies
Geesh I KNOW EXACTLY how you felt! Yesterday I had my boys out on harness and leashes and Ben pulled his stunt and jumped over my fence. I immediatly went out (he jumped over the gate to the front yard) to get him but he was sooo happy I told him OK I would take him for a walk BUT had to free his leash first. I started to unwind it from the fence (it was stuck in between my and my neighbors fence) and suddenly Ben did his other stunt. He faced the leash and pulled back and the harness slipped over his head and he took off! I ran up and down the stree calling him but no Ben. It was starting to get dusk and I too paniced! Finally a neighbor from across the street said THERE HE IS smelling a bush! I ran over and grabbed him. I hugged and kissed him (to HIS embarressment) all the way in the house.

I am STILL afraid to let him back out as he is getting too tricky!

It IS so frightening when they pull this on us, and I am so glad we BOTH got our babies back!
omg! im glad that you found him and he is alright!
post #14 of 14
i remember when we almost lost our dog. we couldn't find him in the yard or the house, so we went out looking for him. we couldn't find him anywhere. finally, we came back home and looked in the backyard again. it turns out he was right there, behind the shed, digging a hole out the fence. he must not have heard us calling him.

i know how it feels. i'm glad you found her!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Ailey almost gave me a heart attack!!!